Description: Well since my first hack I put up here (Super Mario World: Season Mix-up), I've learned a lot. I learned how to use addmusic, make gfx, and use exgfx. Please note this IS vanilla, so I only used Lunar Magic 1.82/1.92. Unlike other hacks I've seen, I changed (almost) everything that cyphermur9t said that should be changed. Here's a log of changes:
Changes from version 0.0/Demo 1:
1. Intro palettes changed to be more fitting
2. No scrolling enabled from the Intro Level
3. Made edges between the ground and the pipes in Level 1
4. Lava/Water tile changed
5. Got rid of dirt cutoff next to Lava in Level
6. No longer are Yoshi Coins Blue Blocks.
7. Changed the way to get to Level 2's submap and the submap itself, removing the cutoff.
8. Level 2's submap is now a normal underground area, removed cutoff.
9. Can't fly over the pipe with the exit to Level 2 because you can't get capes anymore (explained later) and if hacked, still can't.
10. Added candles to Castle #1
11. Removed candles in underwater parts.
12. Continued the ground forward in door 3/the exit in Castle #1 due too cutoff.
13. No longer do you go to world 2 when beating Castles #1 or moving up above Yoshi's House (explaining #9).
Anyways, if you want a semi chocolate hack of this, coming soon is "Mario and Luigi Deep Journey: Releashed", including custom music (by our "Soundtrack Producer", MarioStarLuigi when he's not busy with requests) and redrawn gfx (If you want to become our Graphic Designer, tell us in the forum post), and the ablity to choose 3 different stories (Mario, Luigi, Sonic, or Somari) and different styles of gameplay.
Hope you enjoy!!!
I'm sorry to say but there are still a lot of errors that need to be fixed. You fixed some of the problems cypher mentioned but you still have to work with it. Let's see...
Weird menu text color.
1) Unedited Yoshi's House message.
2) Pipe + ground = cutoff.
More pipe and ground cutoff.
This room looked like a 'testing' room (random object all over the place). Why include this? Also, almost all of the objects look pretty weird...For instance, this block gave me a 3UP.
The outlines of the note block aren't that good as well.
Why does the "Yoshi coin" look like this?
Also, if I enter a pipe...
...I should come out of a pipe. This happened a lot of times in your hack.
And why does the door look like this?
Again, weird colors for note blocks (if you really want to change them, change the colors of the note block sprite as well).
The lava cutoff hasn't been fixed here.
What's the purpose of the green switch blocks if I can simply jump over them?
This doesn't look like a proper message here...
The layer 2 events after beating this level are quite messed up, unfortunately.
Again, why does the (on the top of that, gray) lava look like this? It's completely misleading.
Minor grammar mistake: *There are two ways
The "killer" bridge tiles don't look that great with these colors...
Sprite memory errors. Use the No More Sprite Tile Limitations patch (from the Patches section) or try another sprite memory value (Lakitu head in Lunar Magic).
Minor, but the corner tile down there isn't the correct one.
The lava palette looks just weirder in the underwater variation of this level.
After beating the castle level and entering the pipe on the overworld, I get to this place and I can't go anywhere, except...
...entering the level Mario was standing on and finding myself in level 0.
So, as you can see, there are a lot of stuff to fix. Please go through every level and fix everything I and cyphermur mentioned.
Furthermore, do these things before submitting a hack again:
- Read the Hack Submission Guidelines
- Watch this video
- Read other hack removal logs