Banner
Views: 858,613,095
Time:
25 users online: Amine Retro,  Anorakun, Ayami, BlueSkye209, brickblock369, chickaDEE Magazine, Counterfeit, Dark Prince, Doug Walker, DPBOX, Gurggz,  JamesD28, JDC, lustreflux, MarioriaM,  Maxodex, MORC,  Ninja Boy, Pancake002, SammmUuU, SiulLunar, slopcore, StackDino, Thwompz, Y.Y. - Guests: 73 - Bots: 78 Users: 47,441 (2,239 active)
Latest: ElohssaYtrid
Tip: Try sketching out ideas for overworlds and levels. Even if they don't manage to fit into Lunar Magic completely, at least you have a base to work from, instead of doing it all from scratch.Not logged in.
13B: awakening (Phase 5: Anger) - Frost
Forum Index - Events - Super Mario World Central Production 2 Completion Project - World 10 - 13B: awakening (Phase 5: Anger) - Frost
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »
Owner: Frost

World: 10 (Finale)
Theme: Anger

This is the finale for SMWCP2, make sure to make this a fairly difficult level that correlates in difficulty with that of other levels in World 9. Phase 5 is all about the theme of anger. Though the initial idea is to have Mario feel a "what if" scenario of feeling of anger and frustration as Mario becomes enraged and destroys everything on site, you can extend this idea or change the idea around a bit, so long as the theme is portrayed and there's a consequence to that.

ASM - PM me if you need Blocks/Sprites for this area.
Music Choice - Any fitting song or one that you can propose.

P.S. KAIZO IS A NO-NO.

EDIT: Don't make this level any longer than 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 minutes long.
Originally posted by cstutor
- Section 5: What If Princess Peach Got Hurt? (Anger) - Mario is able to take on paths of moving at obscene speeds and able to trample on anything that gets in his way. Though with anger comes the ability of being careless and destructive.

I had an idea for this last night where we would get the impression that Mario got a hold of a MegaShroom and started tearing through everything; Most blocks would be breakable on contact. All current blocks, coins, enemies, etc would be shrunken down to a 8x8 state(to give the impression that Mario is suddenly huge), have an asm code that give Mario invincibility, without having the flashing or sound of a star. etc.

I would love to take something like this up if you guys agree to it.
Layout by LDA during C3.
It's yours Lightvayne. :)
I could maybe get in here, assuming the fact I already dropped a level (though finished one as well) doesn't stop me.
Okay I'll add you Zero-X to this part of the level.

So the story around this level kinda keeps changing. In the original story that I was going with, Mario seemed to be the one that was angry in this dream. However in the more recent version of the story, it seems that the dreamer is the one that is angry. If this is the case, it completely changes that idea I had for this level, so forgive me if I do not start on this right way. I would like to have the story finalized first before moving forward.
Layout by LDA during C3.
Originally posted by Lightvayne
In the original story that I was going with, Mario seemed to be the one that was angry in this dream.



Wait, where did you get that O.o?

this:
Originally posted by cstutor89
- Section 5: What If Princess Peach Got Hurt? (Anger) - Mario is able to take on paths of moving at obscene speeds and able to trample on anything that gets in his way. Though with anger comes the ability of being careless and destructive.

and this:
Originally posted by first post in thread
This is the finale for SMWCP2, make sure to make this a fairly difficult level that correlates in difficulty with that of other levels in World 9. Phase 5 is all about the theme of anger. Though the initial idea is to have Mario feel a "what if" scenario of feeling of anger and frustration as Mario becomes enraged and destroys everything on site, you can extend this idea or change the idea around a bit, so long as the theme is portrayed and there's a consequence to that.


as opposed to this:
Originally posted by RN
...Part 5: Anger


The Dreamer hits Mario with a still stronger psychological attack. but our hero, he is used to such stuff, as we now well know, and trudges through. The Dreamer speaks to him with a calm, dripping venom...


Both are very different, and I don't want to make one thing when the story states something else. Honestly, this needs to be sorted out first before really any of the levels are even started unless I am missing something here.
Layout by LDA during C3.
Maybe we should get RN here, since he was the one made the whole thing (and cs).
We need to keep up, so I'll just say that I'll have some concrete block design out soon (and I have some mapped out on paper already).
It is true that we definitely need to do a bit of...on-the-same-page-getting here, which is an issue I've long been meaning to address. But as for the above description...I tried to structure things in that framework story to allow as much freedom in the actual content of the sections as possible. A "psychological attack" can be anything: an unpleasant "what-if" scenario (though it should probably be done in the hazy and more-felt-than-rationally-understood way dreams normally are), an attempt to more fundamentally portray the emotion in question in a completely non-reprasentative fashion; whatever strikes your fancy, really. The entire point of the story I suggested was to allow for the greatest possible synthesis of as many of the fairly diverse ideas raised here as possible, so just build the section as you judge fit, and we'll work from there, I suppose.

After talking with cstutor about the level and the ideas behind it, we decided to go with RN's version of Phase 5.


["Dreamer: And now you won't even leave me to my nightmares. You want to wake me it, flush me from this place, back to my solid world, to have the whole cycle repeated over and over again. Why? What good does it do you? What do you even WANT from me? Do you just enjoy TORMENTING people? What one earth is WRONG with you?

Part 5: Anger"]

Originally posted by me in IRC
08:51 [Lightvayne] : The Dreamer hits Mario with a still stronger psychological attack. but our hero, he is used to such stuff, as we now well know, and trudges through. The Dreamer speaks to him with a calm, dripping venom...
08:52 [Lightvayne] : so my idea for this was have everything a tint of red, maybe a HDMA wavy line effect
08:52 [Lightvayne] : Rocks falling out of the sky destroying the land as Mario tries to make it through


While this solves 1 of the problems, we are still waiting on xlk to finish the global gfx for 13B. However, any ASM and stuff like that will probably be started.
Layout by LDA during C3.
Originally posted by Lightvayne
Originally posted by me in IRC
08:52 [Lightvayne] : Rocks falling out of the sky destroying the land as Mario tries to make it through



Wait! Ludus and Moose's phase are using the everything is falling gimmick!

...unless you meant among the lines of the second level in Yoshi's Island with those falling chomps destroying the land...

...and now that I think of it I think it's the latter...

Although...I'm kidna afraid that the two phases will be too similar...but I'll just have to wait and see.

Anywho, good luck!

heh, great minds think alike ;)

However, the idea I had in mind isn't too similar to his.
Layout by LDA during C3.
Light, Zero, any news about this? With three levels completed today, we might as well start "nagging", for a lack of a better word, for the other levels to get finished.

Although, the other levels aside from the Phases are practically done.

At this moment nothing can really progress with out the completed tileset from xlk.
Layout by LDA during C3.

So as a bit of an update, the ASM portion of this level is done, however, I'm still waiting on tileset to be finished. Maybe it may be a good idea for someone else to take a crack at the general tileset for 13B. xlk seems to be too busy to do anything with it...
Layout by LDA during C3.
^if xlk wants to send me what he's done so far, I'd be more than willing to finish it off for him.

I'll drop him a line.

also lightvayne what in the world happened to your name
Originally posted by Zero-X
^if xlk wants to send me what he's done so far, I'd be more than willing to finish it off for him.

I'll drop him a line.

also lightvayne what in the world happened to your name



xlk is still working on it - check the 13B discusiion for his latest creation.

Maybe you can start with cement block skeletons for now?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »
Forum Index - Events - Super Mario World Central Production 2 Completion Project - World 10 - 13B: awakening (Phase 5: Anger) - Frost

The purpose of this site is not to distribute copyrighted material, but to honor one of our favourite games.

Copyright © 2005 - 2020 - SMW Central
Legal Information - Privacy Policy - Link To Us


Menu

Follow Us On

  • YouTube
  • Twitch
  • Twitter

Affiliates

  • Super Mario Bros. X Community
  • ROMhacking.net
  • Mario Fan Games Galaxy