Language…
10 users online:  Anorakun, Boosius, Daizo Dee Von, Jukeboxi_, MiracleWater, OEO6, Romano338, Ruiyabi, wye, Zavok - Guests: 68 - Bots: 303
Users: 55,705 (2,320 active)
Latest user: nigelreg

Super Mario World Advance

  • Pages:
  • 1
  • 2
Level changes like to add Yoshi Coins to Castles and Ghost Houses right?
There used to be stuff in this footer, but it's all gone now.
Originally posted by TheSuperRotom
Level changes like to add [Dragon] Coins to Castles and Ghost Houses right?


Yes.
Re-registered as Roadsguy.
I just thought of something really silly if you keep it vanilla. You could port Levels from this hack and then = work for nothing lol.
There used to be stuff in this footer, but it's all gone now.
Originally posted by Roads1
I never said I was just going to make a palette hack. Most of the SMA2 changes in level design can be replicated in SMW. However, the Mario Bros. thing and the Dragon Coin counter/their switch to Peach Coins probably can't be done.

EDIT: Level up! Yellow Beach Koopa rank!



sure, just place the peach coins under the yoshi coins and they appear after collecting 5 yoshi coins so that there are no more yoshi coins in the level after beating it.
Originally posted by AltheronX
Originally posted by Roads1
I never said I was just going to make a palette hack. Most of the SMA2 changes in level design can be replicated in SMW. However, the Mario Bros. thing and the Dragon Coin counter/their switch to Peach Coins probably can't be done.

EDIT: Level up! Yellow Beach Koopa rank!



sure, just place the peach coins under the yoshi coins and they appear after collecting 5 yoshi coins so that there are no more yoshi coins in the level after beating it.

Erm, you do realize that the Peach Coins from SMA4 work differently than that, right? Once you collect all of the Dragon Coins in the whole game, they than get replaced by the Peach Coins. So uh, no.
Originally posted by Magnum Mario X
Originally posted by AltheronX
Originally posted by Roads1
I never said I was just going to make a palette hack. Most of the SMA2 changes in level design can be replicated in SMW. However, the Mario Bros. thing and the Dragon Coin counter/their switch to Peach Coins probably can't be done.

EDIT: Level up! Yellow Beach Koopa rank!



sure, just place the peach coins under the yoshi coins and they appear after collecting 5 yoshi coins so that there are no more yoshi coins in the level after beating it.

Erm, you do realize that the Peach Coins from SMA4 work differently than that, right? Once you collect all of the Dragon Coins in the whole game, they than get replaced by the Peach Coins. So uh, no.


You can also forget the special ending after collecting all yoshi coins, you can't rebuild it perfectly. So what now? Cancel the complete project? It's better than doing nothing.

Think before writing, thanks a lot.
Originally posted by AltheronX
You can also forget the special ending after collecting all yoshi coins, you can't rebuild it perfectly. So what now? Cancel the complete project? It's better than doing nothing.

Think before writing, thanks a lot.

I do think before writing, I'm just correcting a simple mistake you made. I support this hack, so I don't know what the hell your problem is.

No need to make fit out of simple criticism.

You clearly should think before you type something if you think what you typed is any fairer than what I did.
Originally posted by Magnum Mario X
Originally posted by AltheronX
You can also forget the special ending after collecting all yoshi coins, you can't rebuild it perfectly. So what now? Cancel the complete project? It's better than doing nothing.

Think before writing, thanks a lot.

I do think before writing, I'm just correcting a simple mistake you made. I support this hack, so I don't know what the hell your problem is.

No need to make fit out of simple criticism.

You clearly should think before you type something if you think what you typed is any fairer than what I did.



That's great for you. There's no problem, you're creating one.
Where is criticism? You said you corrected a mistake I made, so what now?

I don't have to think, I already do. You're 15, you can ask your teacher, your brain isn't fully envolved. Today everybody thinks he's right every time and in combination with that age it's terrible. I know that, everyone was 15. So calm down and stop discuss with me 'bout simple shit and do something that makes more fun. Trust me, there's much more. Have a nice day or something.


BTW: Don't bully me, I know my layout is eye-searing. I'm experimenting with it and change it later.
Originally posted by AltheronX
Whatever the fuck he said.

You know the saying "Age is just a number"? Well, that's true, I am only 15, but that doesn't change a single thing.

The reason I disagreed with you, was because, I'm sorry, but I know when I'm wrong, this isn't one of those times. You know, by the way you're talking, you're probably claiming to be older than me, but you're acting just like the way you're accusing of me.

I replied to you once, and you reply as if you want to start something, how's that my fault? I corrected you, don't overreact about it. When you get corrected, it helps you.

Now, why don't we just stop this useless argument and get back to the fucking topic at hand, shall we? We might incidentally get this fellow hacker's thread closed, so let's call it truce, okay?
Originally posted by AltheronX
I don't have to think, I already do. You're 15, you can ask your teacher, your brain isn't fully envolved. Today everybody thinks he's right every time and in combination with that age it's terrible. I know that, everyone was 15.

Excuse me, but can you explain what the fuck does age have to do with anything? He being 15 doesn't mean he's stereotypically stupid or less smart than you, in fact, you thinking that it's way more stupid.

Had to say it. This really pissed me off.
LINKS Twitter | YouTube | SoundCloud | Fortaleza Reznor
to hear birds and see none.
This is getting rather off-topic. I'll try to get it back on topic.

Anyway, it is true that the SNES/GBA changes are mostly ASM. While there are a few level design changes (most notably the addition of Dragon Coins in nearly every level (some of which are sprite Dragon Coins), and midpoints in nearly every level (many of which don't fit SNES SMW's midpoint system) except the Star and Special Worlds), I don't think many people would be interested in playing it for those-- if you're going to be using an emulator anyway, might as well play the actual SMA2.

The main use I can think of for a hack like this is for people to use as a base for SMA2-styled hacks, and for that, level design changes are irrelevant (and palette changes are nearly irrelevant since a lot of hackers seem to use custom palettes anyway).

By the way, that list missed a lot of changes-- for example,
- You can save at any time, including during a level
- Reloading from a save does not reset your score/lives/power-up/etc.
- You don't have to release all other buttons when screen scrolling, and you can use L+Up or L+Down to scroll the screen upwards or downwards
- Front Door and Back Door's timers were increased
- Timer bonuses are higher after Koopalings, Reznors, Big Boo, Bowser, and the ? orb in Sunken Ghost Ship
- The status bar still appears in the Bowser battle, meaning it's possible to gain points in it, as well as die from time up there
- You're warped to Yoshi's House after the credits, instead of the game just freezing on the ending screen
- Castles cannot be re-entered with L+R, but they're rebuilt after defeating Bowser (with new graphics that have flags on top) and can be re-entered then; the castle destruction messages are shortened (and the cutscenes are skippable) after defeating Bowser
- After completing the Special World, if you replay any Special World levels, the game keeps track of your high score in each level
- Fishbones can be killed with the cape (note that if you use Tweaker to make this possible in SNES SMW, they'll hurt you during their death animation, but they don't do that in SMA2)
- Chucks give 2000 points (instead of 1000) and drop 5 moving coins when killed by fireballs

That's only what I can think of right now.

–=–=–=–=–=–=–
Alyssa's Unlikely Trap (demo 3)
Originally posted by Zeldara109
This is getting rather off-topic. I'll try to get it back on topic.

Anyway, it is true that the SNES/GBA changes are mostly ASM. While there are a few level design changes (most notably the addition of Dragon Coins in nearly every level (some of which are sprite Dragon Coins), and midpoints in nearly every level (many of which don't fit SNES SMW's midpoint system) except the Star and Special Worlds), I don't think many people would be interested in playing it for those-- if you're going to be using an emulator anyway, might as well play the actual SMA2.

The main use I can think of for a hack like this is for people to use as a base for SMA2-styled hacks, and for that, level design changes are irrelevant (and palette changes are nearly irrelevant since a lot of hackers seem to use custom palettes anyway).

By the way, that list missed a lot of changes-- for example,
- You can save at any time, including during a level
- Reloading from a save does not reset your score/lives/power-up/etc.
- You don't have to release all other buttons when screen scrolling, and you can use L+Up or L+Down to scroll the screen upwards or downwards
- Front Door and Back Door's timers were increased
- Timer bonuses are higher after Koopalings, Reznors, Big Boo, Bowser, and the ? orb in Sunken Ghost Ship
- The status bar still appears in the Bowser battle, meaning it's possible to gain points in it, as well as die from time up there
- You're warped to Yoshi's House after the credits, instead of the game just freezing on the ending screen
- Castles cannot be re-entered with L+R, but they're rebuilt after defeating Bowser (with new graphics that have flags on top) and can be re-entered then; the castle destruction messages are shortened (and the cutscenes are skippable) after defeating Bowser
- After completing the Special World, if you replay any Special World levels, the game keeps track of your high score in each level
- Fishbones can be killed with the cape (note that if you use Tweaker to make this possible in SNES SMW, they'll hurt you during their death animation, but they don't do that in SMA2)
- Chucks give 2000 points (instead of 1000) and drop 5 moving coins when killed by fireballs

That's only what I can think of right now.


Alright everything that is possible to change I will mention here.

1. He already said he would change it to add Yoshi Coins to every level!
2. Extra midpoints could be added using the multiple midway points patch.
3. Well, what if you don't have SMA2? If you don't have the game on cartridge, you can't get a ROM of it. It supposed to be illegal! But if you do own SMW, then what?
4. Saving any time would be impossible!
5. Again, impossible.
6. The SNES doesn't have a L-up button or a L-down button. Just a single L and R button. So yet AGAIN, impossible.
7. Easily can be changed by using LM and then fix the final boss so it still uses time left over.
8. Impossible for the FOURTH time!!!
9. The game doesn't freeze at the end, it works, however the Yoshi eggs are all colored Yellow unlike SMA2 having them be the color of the Yoshi that comes out. Then a enemy cast shows up based upon if you've beat the Special World or not, the enemies called they're alternate name for the autumn change.
10. Impossible! Do you think this guy knows ALL ABOUT ASM and such?
11. Chucks points might be changeable by using SMW Customizer.

A few more things.

1. Goombas and Pokeys now change when Special Stage Clear.
2. Enemy cast's enemies don't change they're name once the Special World is clear (a la, Japanese SMW).
3. Extra names were added to the credits.

Edit: I just noticed, 100th post! Sweet!
There used to be stuff in this footer, but it's all gone now.
I have no idea what you're trying to say. Unless you're trying to start a conflict for some reason?

I see a quote of my list of SMA2 changes, a somewhat arbitrary numbered list in a rather argumentative tone, full of the word "impossible", and also mentions of nonexistent "L-up" and "L-down" buttons, which are entirely irrelevant since they don't exist on either the SNES or the GBA (unless you mean pressing L and a direction at the same time or L followed by up or down, which is definitely possible on both).

Also, you seem to be acting like my list was a bunch of ASM requests directed at this hack's author (which indeed would be a rather ridiculous post to make), as opposed to being a list of a few changes that weren't on the list from Super Mario Wiki that Giant Shy Guy posted earlier, like it actually is.

Oh, by the way, adding Dragon Coins to every level, in the same locations as SMA2, does require ASM-- how else are you supposed to place Dragon Coins behind fences in Iggy's and Ludwig's castles?

Originally posted by TheSuperRotom
3. Well, what if you don't have SMA2? If you don't have the game on cartridge, you can't get a ROM of it. It supposed to be illegal! But if you do own SMW, then what?

And downloading a ROM of the SNES version of SMW is more legal than downloading a ROM of the GBA version? Or are you one of the few people who actually has the equipment to copy the ROM from the original cartridge?

Originally posted by TheSuperRotom
9. The game doesn't freeze at the end, it works

The SNES version of SMW does freeze at the end-- your buttons don't work, the image doesn't change, the game isn't saved, and you need to reset the game before you can do anything else. It may be entirely intended, but I'd still call that a freeze.

Originally posted by TheSuperRotom
7. Easily can be changed by using LM and then fix the final boss so it still uses time left over.

Oh, and I find it interesting that you say various ASM changes are impossible (when they're almost certainly possible given other things I've seen on the SNES and even in other SMW hacks, if someone was willing to code them (in a few cases, there's already a patch, such as SMA2 powerdown, 999 lives, and SRAM expand)), but then act like enabling the status bar in the Bowser battle is easy. Now that is something that I'm not sure if the SNES even supports, considering Bowser uses Mode 7 and overlaps where the status bar should go. (The sprite status bar might be usable as a workaround, but I've never tried it.)

–=–=–=–=–=–=–
Alyssa's Unlikely Trap (demo 3)
Ohhe meant the ending picture. Well I f-cked up.
There used to be stuff in this footer, but it's all gone now.
  • Pages:
  • 1
  • 2