Because apparently four separate threads aren't as convenient as we thought.
What to keep in mind when posting here
- Threads asking for help are not what this forum is for. (That's the purpose of the General SMW Hacking Help forum.) Failing to comply with this rule will result in the thread being moved there, and repeat offenders may receive a temporary ban.
- (Asking questions in existing tutorial threads, however, is of course allowed. Just don't create an entire thread for your question.)
What to keep in mind when making a tutorial
- Cover all of the important content. If you are writing a tutorial about how to design an overworld, be sure to cover layer 1, layer 2, events, Mario path tiles, etc. Don't leave any stone unturned.
- PROOFREAD! Do NOT submit a thread with poor grammar/spelling. If it isn't legible, no one will find it useful.
- Organize it as much as possible. Including images, a table of contents, etc. will make it much easier for people to follow your tutorial.
- Know what you're talking about. Obviously, nobody wants false information. Don't just write a tutorial for the heck of it when you don't consider yourself knowledged enough on the topic.
- Disable your layout when posting a new tutorial. While it may look good now, there's no telling what will happen to your layout in the future, maybe it will render parts unreadable or fall out of date and break after you leave the site.
Also of note
- You may bump threads in this forum! Posting in old threads is allowed here, even if they are not stickies. This only applies to the tutorials forum, though - anywhere else, the normal bumping rules apply.