IT'S A DEMO
EDIT: Just wanted to get that out of the way. Time for a short readme of sorts:
This is a hack in which I've been working on and off (mostly off, definitely) for the past year. The thought when I first started was to find fun applications for Noobish Noobsicle's walljump and Yoshi flutterjump patches, and just try to integrate them into the hack. Then I came up with the idea to give all normal (blue/red) levels secret exits (*hint hint*). Then
I decided to use the hack as a motivational tool to make more tileset graphics. So it's just been a bunch of things for me.
Some things about the gameplay:
- Walljumping is done, while hugging a wall, by moving towards the wall and pressing the jump button. Move in the direction of your jump immediately for maximum distance.
- While riding Yoshi, you can do a flutterjump by holding the jump button while in the air. If you're high enough in the air and you hold down the button, you can do more than one flutterjump.
- There are different denominations of coins. Yellow is 1, green is 2, blue is 3, and red is 5.
- Also note that the coins spin differently, and typically groups of coins appear to spin in certain directions. If for some reason you are lost, look for some coins.
- One of the switch blocks, gray, works opposite of the other blocks. It is solid and acts like a cement block until the switch is hit, when it becomes a dotted outline. The gray switch is not in this demo.
- All levels marked with a red or blue icon have secret exits in them. Red icon levels' secret exits will lead you to new levels (although not all do in this demo), but what do blue levels unlock?