Banner
Views: 852,306,456
Time:
8 users online: AnasMario130, Arash, Counterfeit, Ice Man, Infinity,  KevinM, MrDeePay, WhiteYoshiEgg - Guests: 39 - Bots: 111 Users: 46,992 (2,532 active)
Latest: Gobi_SMW
Tip: When using custom palettes, remember that certain colors in palettes 0 and 1 will also affect the status bar.Not logged in.
Copy Kitty - giant robots and millions of explosions! (downloadable full game)
Forum Index - Sunken Ghost Ship - C3 Museum - Spring 2012 - Copy Kitty - giant robots and millions of explosions! (downloadable full game)
Pages: « 1 2 3 »
Hmm, speaking for myself, it would be nice to be able to turn the carry-over on and off- that way, I can continue directly from one stage to the next without worrying about my stats saving. I mean, if Raibys hadn't said anything, I might have thought that carrying weapons over was the only way to play (though maybe that was just me not paying attention). Or, perhaps you could just roll it into an "easy" difficulty mode of some kind?


Also, a random thought: add jetpacks, and this becomes something like Rocket Riot, but with loads more content/variety XD

--------------------
Youtube (Main) | Youtube (Alt) | Bandcamp | DeviantART
  
  
 



My thought is that you'll go through some or all of the missions while carrying over weapons, and then see the menu afterwards and notice that some are a different color, or you'd click on one and see the message. Then you'd find out that there's the other way to play them. Or perhaps you'd do a few missions, and exit because they're easy and want to see if there's a way to make it harder - and it places you back on the menu, with the same signs that I said earlier.

As long as everyone finds it eventually, I think it's fine. The only other way I could think of would be a pop-up menu when you select Mission Mode or when you select "play", which would be kind of intrusive. I'd also need a few paragraphs to explain the difference, rather than you figuring it out on your own. If you've noticed, I've stayed as far away from text descriptions as I could, except when necessary.


 
 
       

Fluffy video games by me and Raibys!
 
 
   
 
 
So I updated the levels that I made

What do you guys think? Slopey Mess is still a mess, but I want to see some feedback on it.
  
  
 



Acid Rain is the best level of the three, it's very interesting usage of the swirly bunnies. Next official version will probably have that stage in it.

Slopey Mess is kind of a neat idea, but it's too hard to navigate and you hardly get any weapons, so it's mostly just kicking randomly for 5 minutes and hoping the penguins kill something.

Laser Climbers is pretty cool, but I feel like it could use a few more weapons. Maybe also block off the bottom Leethees with metal blocks so you can't kill them, and you have to dodge those lasers on the way up too? You can put Wave somewhere so it's possible to kill them.


 
 
       

Fluffy video games by me and Raibys!
 
 
   
 
 
Originally posted by Azure
Acid Rain is the best level of the three, it's very interesting usage of the swirly bunnies. Next official version will probably have that stage in it.


Yeah my favorite of the three two <3 I was only going to use Inseris(?), but they take to much time to destroy the land and sometimes doesn't even make a dent.

Originally posted by Azure
Slopey Mess is kind of a neat idea, but it's too hard to navigate and you hardly get any weapons, so it's mostly just kicking randomly for 5 minutes and hoping the penguins kill something.


Yepp - a mess, I know. I plan to remake it - I was going to name it as a reference to Donkey Kong like I did with Laser Climbers, but I thought it didn't fit because it's just a "slope-y mess". It was my first one, too.

Originally posted by Azure
Laser Climbers is pretty cool, but I feel like it could use a few more weapons. Maybe also block off the bottom Leethees with metal blocks so you can't kill them, and you have to dodge those lasers on the way up too? You can put Wave somewhere so it's possible to kill them.


Wait, you can shoot downwards? O.o

I'll fix it in a bit.
@GSG:
-two -> number
-too -> "too" many
-to -> going "to"
Its like the third time or so I see one of these mistakes in you're posts, just letting you know.

Also, the best weapon for when you're lazy: force+quick+plasma, just hold down the shoot button#w{xD}

Also, how do you load custom levels/where do they save?

--------------------
Your layout has been removed.
----------------

Originally posted by xlk
@GSG:
-two -> number
-too -> "too" many
-to -> going "to"
Its like the third time or so I see one of these mistakes in you're posts, just letting you know.

Also, the best weapon for when you're lazy: force+quick+plasma, just hold down the shoot button#w{xD}

Also, how do you load custom levels/where do they save?


Actually he did use the correct to/too/two ("It was my first one, too" is correct).

Ontopic: Go to mission mode, then go to custom levels. It should tell you where your level folder is at the bottom of the screen (that's where they save and where you'd put any levels you've downloaded)

edit: ok my bad didn't see that one

----------------
Red Tales: [Insert Subtitle here]: Hack is being worked on, will be finished who knows when
Levels Complete: 5/50+

@DPhoenix29:
Originally posted by Giant shy guy
Yeah my favorite of the three twotoo..


Back on topic, thanks for you're help!

--------------------
Your layout has been removed.
Originally posted by xlk
@GSG:
-two -> number
-too -> "too" many
-to -> going "to"
Its like the third time or so I see one of these mistakes in you're posts, just letting you know.


I type fast, so the quick words almost always gets messed up in my posts.

The longer ones gets more attention (hence my definitely, defiantly, and definitively footer)
  
  
 



There have been a few minor updates since this was initially posted, you can always find the latest version here. None of the updates are huge, but a bunch of little annoyances were fixed and it should play a little smoother now.


 
 
       

Fluffy video games by me and Raibys!
 
 
   
 
 
Pages: « 1 2 3 »
Forum Index - Sunken Ghost Ship - C3 Museum - Spring 2012 - Copy Kitty - giant robots and millions of explosions! (downloadable full game)

The purpose of this site is not to distribute copyrighted material, but to honor one of our favourite games.

Copyright © 2005 - 2020 - SMW Central
Legal Information - Privacy Policy - Link To Us


Menu

Follow Us On

  • YouTube
  • Twitch
  • Twitter

Affiliates

  • Super Mario Bros. X Community
  • ROMhacking.net
  • Mario Fan Games Galaxy