Glad that people like them
. That said I plan on including official read mes when I submit these patches later tonight or tomorrow. Plus I am going to probably add some quick examples. I would have already typed a readme and submitted but I was terribly busy the last few days, and I would also like to test uberASM for any last second bugs I could have missed.
Now since a lot of people are curious about p4paint let me give a few examples of its capabilities.
1) The undo stack is tracked per tile, which means if you are switching between two tiles in a 16*32 you can tweak and undo in each without undoing changes in the other. This option can also be disabled for a more classic undo, but will be enabled by default.
2) Support for more SNES formats than YY-chr. 2,3,4,8 bpp as well as 2,4,8 linear bitmaps. Linear bitmaps would be useable with the SA-1 and mode 7 making those graphics easier to create/convert to.
3) New file extensions. .bpN (.bp2 .bp3 etc...) to automatically load the correct graphics format. FuSoYa has considered adding these formats to replace .bin in future lunar magics. But this is still UNCONFIRMED, this is just based off a short conversation he and I had. I also added support for blN, which is the same as .bpN except for the linear formats.
4) Tools and image formats can be added to the tool via a plugin system so anybody can develop extensions without having to hack the original program!
5) Lots of keyboard hotkeys. Something that is always very handy.
6) Proper copy/paste support.
7) Ability to load lunar magic .pal files instead of savestates. This should be much easier on the end users.
8) Cross platform. Never hurts to target a wider audience.
9) A quick-export hotkey to dump pngs of the graphics page.
10) Easier to swap colors to allow for palette optimization.