Tip: Using Lunar Magic's "Change Properties in Sprite Header" dialogue, you can adjust the sprite slots in which sprites can spawn. For example, by using a sprite memory setting that doesn't use slot 07, you can easily prevent Reznor breaks in your hack.
As I promised, it's time for the overworld design contest.
1. You are to use both the main overworld AND the submaps in your design. Remember, you are not designing the levels themselves, only the full map.
2. Each submission must contain between 5 and 10 worlds.
3. You do not have to use all of the submaps, but the more you can utilize in a creative manner, the better.
4. You may use any landscapes you want. I encourage you to get as creative as possible - perhaps try something a bit different than the standard grass/desert/ice/etc.
5. I am not picky about events. You do not have to include them unless you want to use them for something other than uncovering paths in a generic sense (i.e. if you're doing something cool with an event, go for it - otherwise, don't bother).
6. Although level names won't be a big part of the score at all, it would be nice to see them included.
7. You may use any resources you want - ExGFX, ASM, whatever.
8. Entries will be due by July 31st, 2012 at midnight EST. This gives you over a month - more than enough time to create a full map.
The biggest things being scored here are:
-GENERAL DESIGN: Is the overworld flat and ugly, or did you put a lot of effort into making sure everything is nicely organized?
-AESTHETICS: How pleasing does the overworld look overall? Did you use the vanilla graphics to their maximum potential? Did you create new graphics?
That's all. Please submit your IPSes in this thread and keep any discussion/questions to the other thread. Thanks, and good luck!
I was gonna submit this like, 4-5 days ago. But no one likes to help little ol me with my problems I was having with the overworld border. : (
Either way I hope you like terrible + lame puns, references, and possibly other things which terminology I don't the name of coz most of the level names have one of the things mentioned. I was gonna submit this last minute like I'm sure some people will do but it's not like I'm much competition anyways. ;_;
My entry. What's inside? Well, play it and find it.
Well I didn't had enough time to make a great entry (but I made it in less than 24h lol), but I made something and put some efforts into it. I had tons of fun making it. I hope you enjoy "playing" it. Warning : Some contents may be inappropriate for small children.