Banner
The Overworld Design Contest ends in
8 DAYS, 8 HOURS, 19 MINUTES AND 39 SECONDS
Views: 905,179,186
Time:
14 users online: Anas, c0ldplasma, chctjcgjcj, Coockie1173, Daizo Dee Von, Fintan_, fsvgm777, grisu, Hiro, MegaSonic1999, monkey03297, NGB, Schlafkopf, TheGrassBlock672 - Guests: 64 - Bots: 172 Users: 50,745 (2,085 active)
Latest: TRLuigi
Tip: Pressing Ctrl + Del in Lunar Magic will delete all objects, sprites, and screen exits from the current level.
Not logged in.
Super Mario Star Road (multiplayer)
Forum Index - Non-SMW Hacking - Super Mario 64 Hacking - Project Showoff & Discussion - Super Mario Star Road (multiplayer)
Pages: « 1 2 » Link
My SM64 hack, Super Mario Star Road. Features over 30 new areas, nearly 50 music imports and assembly hacking.

Release Trailer
Multiplayer Version

Download





I am actively working on Star Road 2 which will feature much more complex assembly hacks and detailed courses.

Kieran edit: Changed link to an on-site hosted archive.
Really I thought this hack was too short and easy, I finished it in about 2 months.

In my opinion you should've made a thread for Star Road 2, everybody's curious about its progress

Never mind, you could always make another one!

--------------------
You know, I've heard about this hack since it was released but I still haven't tried it. It looks like one of the most polished SM64 hacks created (if not the most polished).

I definitely think it's about time I downloaded it.
This hack really is the standard in SM64 hacking now, it's a really solid hack.

I sort of learned quite a bit by playing this hack, namely that SM64's collision wasn't as dodgy as I though it was. And that I can afford to make more complex modes in the collision.

Wish you the best of luck completing Star Road 2. #w{=3}
Skelux's matching texture positions are what make his levels so polished. Also, I love the way he imported some custom objects. It certainly brings some life to the levels. This hack was near flawless, and I enjoyed every bit of it.
Originally posted by Eggs6131
Really I thought this hack was too short and easy, I finished it in about 2 months.

In my opinion you should've made a thread for Star Road 2, everybody's curious about its progress

Never mind, you could always make another one!


I'll make a Star Road 2 thread once the first main preview is ready. For now, I just uploaded this music: Autumn Airway
Vinnyboiler, the SM64 collision isn't actually that dodgy, I've gotten used to it, as long as you build your levels solidly (e.g. no sticking-out-of-bounds bits, hard to dodge when making an island level though) you should have no problem with it.

Skelux, it's certainly nice to see that Star Road 2 has got lift off.
And what is the first main preview of? (come on, give us a hint at least)

--------------------
Originally posted by Eggs6131
Vinnyboiler, the SM64 collision isn't actually that dodgy, I've gotten used to it, as long as you build your levels solidly (e.g. no sticking-out-of-bounds bits, hard to dodge when making an island level though) you should have no problem with it.

Skelux, it's certainly nice to see that Star Road 2 has got lift off.
And what is the first main preview of? (come on, give us a hint at least)


An explosion of random assembly hacks, and a dazzling new level.
Originally posted by Skelux
I'll make a Star Road 2 thread once the first main preview is ready. For now, I just uploaded this music: Autumn Airway

Nice. Is all the music going to be custom this time around?

--------------------
Your layout has been removed.
I did a playthrough of Super Mario Star Road a few months ago and I enjoyed every minute of it, and I encourage anyone else to download and try the hack. I am sure you will also enjoy it. :3

There's going to be a Super Mario Star Road 2? Whoa. I'll have to do a playthrough of that game once it's out, for sure!

--------------------
My YouTube
Currently LP'ing: None at the moment.
Star Road. A project I was introduced when I saw a video called "Super Mario World Castle 3D!". Since then this hack has looked really good,
Even though I haven't found the time to get far in it
. Still.

Anyways I remember a video on your channel about porting Star Road's levels to SM64DS. How's that going, and how'd you do it?

--------------------
There used to be stuff in this footer, but it's all gone now.
Ah i played this hack a while ago!
Very nice, i must say!
It's only a little hard at the beginning, maybe it's just me #w{:s}
Do you have other hacks you made?
Still haven't gotten around to playing it, perhaps I will some time soon? It's also nice to see there's a sequel.
This was a fun game to play through, and I did so on Wii64. It's a really fun game where the only faults are from the fickle SM64 camera mechanic. It's like a great sequel to SM64 and I recommend it for everyone who loved SM64. It even has a few special shout outs to SMW which I loved and found really clever (especially the really hidden life storage room).

I got 119 stars before my game was officially over, since Wii64 didn't like thwomps attempting to crush Mario (it hard freezes the game). What I loved most about this game was I felt the same type of rage that I had when I first played SM64, when it came to challenges.

I'm looking forward to the sequel, SMSR2, and I hope it runs smoother on Wii64 than it's first title. (Right now, the original SM64 runs at a fair full speed, but I haven't gotten far in it to say the entire game)

--------------------
I wonder what a HFD opcode would do in ASM...
This hack is awesome! I think that it is better than the original SM64! But to be honest the final level disapointed me. It's very boring and very easy to clear, and the Bowser battle is even easier. I enjoyed every single level in the hack except that one, I was expecting something like a giant airship or a flying fortress. I hope that in the sequel the final level is more epic. But all the hack is awesome!

Oh, could someone please, PLEASE tell me what is the song used in the Colossal Candy Clutter course? I think that I've heard it before but I'm not very sure... Is it from Rayman?
I played through this hack on my Youtube Channel. It's a great hack for Super Mario 64.

@mes the track for Colossal Candy Clutter is from Chameleon Twist 2 - Toy Land.
@cstutor89 thank you very much! I'll try to port that song for my hack.

Oh... and about my comment... just to aclarate things I was talking about the level that needs 80 stars, I've not collected all the stars so I can't talk about the real final level
Very nice SM64 hack, Skelux!

I need to say that I had a lot of fun doing challenges here like Coinless, Capless, Cannonless stars challenge and 'A' button challenge. :D

More info about these challenges are here (including my playlists): http://somerussianmariodude.weebly.com/smsr-challenges.html


Also you need to fix the download links, I can't download your hack because of error "This user is out of bandwitch". :/ You can use my MSN download links to patchesof your hack on my site. ;)

--------------------
I no longer play Super Mario 64, nor even hack it.
http://srmd1website.weebly.com/4/post/2013/10/video-updates-05102013.html
I'm sorry for bumping such an old topic, but I had something I needed to ask about this, and didn't think it was worth opening another new one. Anyways...

I started playing this for the first time today, having found the download for the pre-patched version since I don't know how to patch Nintendo 64 roms. I got to Mushroom Mountain Town and noticed that I recognized some of the textures from Bomberman 64, one of my absolute favorite games.

I was wanting to know how you managed to get the textures. I can't get Glide64 to rip the textures, and the Rice Video Plugin won't let me see anything at all. Could you either let me know how you had done it, or if you have a copy laying around, upload the textures from that game somewhere? (hopefully a complete set, I wanted bits and pieces from all five major worlds.)

As a side question, whatever happened to porting this to SM64 DS? I have a DS and flash card, and would love to play this with better controls than trying to struggle through using a keyboard.

--------------------
Current Projects: "Legend of Zelda: Balance of Power" (A Zelda Classic quest)
Originally posted by Kurt91
I'm sorry for bumping such an old topic, but I had something I needed to ask about this, and didn't think it was worth opening another new one. Anyways...

I started playing this for the first time today, having found the download for the pre-patched version since I don't know how to patch Nintendo 64 roms. I got to Mushroom Mountain Town and noticed that I recognized some of the textures from Bomberman 64, one of my absolute favorite games.

I was wanting to know how you managed to get the textures. I can't get Glide64 to rip the textures, and the Rice Video Plugin won't let me see anything at all. Could you either let me know how you had done it, or if you have a copy laying around, upload the textures from that game somewhere? (hopefully a complete set, I wanted bits and pieces from all five major worlds.)

As a side question, whatever happened to porting this to SM64 DS? I have a DS and flash card, and would love to play this with better controls than trying to struggle through using a keyboard.


I am still working on the DS version: http://kuribo64.cjb.net/?page=forum&id=81

You should be able to rip the textures with rices video plugin using 1964. Alternatively, you can use 3D Ripper DX.
Pages: « 1 2 » Link
Forum Index - Non-SMW Hacking - Super Mario 64 Hacking - Project Showoff & Discussion - Super Mario Star Road (multiplayer)

The purpose of this site is not to distribute copyrighted material, but to honor one of our favourite games.

Copyright © 2005 - 2021 - SMW Central
Legal Information - Privacy Policy - Link To Us


Menu

Follow Us On

  • YouTube
  • Twitch
  • Twitter

Affiliates

  • Super Mario Bros. X Community
  • ROMhacking.net
  • Mario Fan Games Galaxy
  • sm64romhacks