Basic/immediate/advanced hackers will have the same experience with SA-1 Pack
: additional performance. Of course there is some special features, but the additional performance is the main advantages to who are using SA-1.
Not the performance of putting 10 sprites in any place at screen, but combinating them with other special features, like the VWF dialogues without the sprites freezing. And without any slowdown.
To make easier to undestand, here somethings that SA-1 can do:
- CPU 4 times faster, which can help in:
- Putting more sprites at screen without slowdown (up to 10)
- Enabling sprite buoyancy without reducing number of sprites at screen (again, the limit is 10)
- Combine VWF dialogues + some sprites without slowdown
- Put various HDMA effects, with various sprites and without slowdown
- Combine everything possible without slowdown (at least it should... maybe.)
- Levels/Overworld/other stuff loads faster, since graphics and levels are handled by SA-1.
- Extra storage: 8MB ROMs:
- More graphics, levels, sprites, sampled music... Basically you can put anything on ROM without worrying much with space. 8MB is still a little limited, but it's much better than 4MB ROMs.
- You can still have any size, you is not forced to have 8 MB ROMs.
But why you already have all these features? Simple: This patch is a SA-1 Pack
, not a simple SA-1 enabler. I worked really harder to get all these features ready instead of just creating a patch that enables the SA-1. Otherwise it would be useless.
But these features are the only features the SA-1 Pack gives to you. Soon much more features will appear and a advanced hacker can add more, there is no limit when there is a fast CPU, basically. Of course, a fast CPU will became a slower CPU depending on what you want to do, but since SNES is a old hardware, there is not much that you can do (with complex processing).
But basically, you get these features above, if you are a normal SMW hacker.
Also more updates are coming. I'm converting some dynamic sprites and the SA-1 Pack will need to be updated again >_>. Well but you don't have to worry on using the current version. All versions of SA-1 Pack are compatible with older ones.
- SnesLab Discord