I've been trying and have looked through multiple tutorials but still can't get it to work. Here are the steps I follow:
1. Open BLKTOOL and LM, opening the rom in each.
2. Select a spot via the Map16 window in LM, in this case 200 which is 512 in dec (I've tried other spots, too, like 300 and 301)
3. Clear any remaining blocks listed in blktool, then open the rom.
4. Click add block, select the block (eg. smashable brick # 7), then type in the dec for the Map16 position (512 in this case)
5. Exit LM, then click save in blktool.
6. Reopen in LM, double check via "Add Objects" window that the block exists.
7. Find a graphic that, with colour adjustments, would work as a test.
8. Left click that graphic, click "Edit 16x16 Attributes", type in the correct behavior number (130 for the smashable, unanimated block), then right-click at position 0x200.
9. Press F9 to save Map16 data.
10. Go to "Add Objects" window, find Map16 location 200, confirm block is there with correct graphic.
That all works perfectly fine. I can even insert it into the level via that dialog. The problem? When I save the level and then start in the emulator, no savestates or previous data, it isn't there. Any other changes are, but nothing appears where I inserted the block.
If anyone knows why this won't work, I'd really like to know, because just using the built-in blocks is a little limited in eventual application (though there are still infinite level design opportunities either way).