Here we are for the third time. In case you're new to the 24hosmw contests, the rules are simple: I issue a challenge, and you must complete it in 24 hours. Usually, these challenges are more than possible to complete within the allotted timeframe - as in, they're challenges which will probably take you 2-3 hours max.
Today's challenge is as follows:
Choose a level from the following batch:
-Yoshi's Island 1 (105)
-Donut Plains 1 (15)
-Vanilla Dome 4 (119)
-Butter Bridge 2 (D)
-Chocolate Island 1 (22)
-Wendy's Castle (1A)
Your task is to delete all of the layers in the level you chose EXCEPT for the sprite layer, and redesign the architecture to accommodate the original sprite positions. You may use any custom blocks and graphics if you feel they will help you, but you may NOT use any new sprites and you may NOT change the original sprite positions.
Submissions will be due 24 hours from now at noon EST. If you have any questions at all, post them in the discussion thread.
1. The background layer is a layer as well. Perhaps you could sacrifice a background and turn your level into a full-on layer 2 level.
2. You may NOT add, remove, or alter sprites in the level - however, levelASM and custom blocks are fair game.
3. In levels that already use layer 2 (eg. Wendy's Castle), remember that the spikes can be changed. The only thing that CAN'T be altered is the position of the Layer 2 Smash sprite.
4. You are given the choice of six different levels to allow for a bit of freedom. Choose the one which you think best suits your design strengths. Some are also purposefully easier to handle than others.
5. Remember, the only main requirement is that you cannot add, remove, or move sprites. You are free to edit their behaviors in the ROM map if you feel it is to your advantage.
6. You may change their graphics via the Super GFX Bypass option if you wish.
(WYEdit: added level numbers for extra convenience.)