Oh yeah, right - 25 is what the block should act like, not any kind of door.
On another note, I just realized I didn't actually need to do the X register math in ASM when the assembler could have done it just as well - you know, LDA $19B8+!ExitToUse instead of LDX #!ExitToUse : LDA $19B8,x. I don't think we're so low on space that we'd need the four bytes I've wasted, though.
tl;dr: everything's still fine, I'm just rambling.
Oh hey! I haven't checked up on this for a week now. Ah, WYE, you're a doll for doing these things for me! I was really worried about not having the resources to do this! In any case, I'm on spring break, so I'll have time to finish Angry, and focus on this instead. Huh, I was coming into this thread just to post a buffer for WYE, but ah~
Ah, the times when I didn't have to worry about double posting issues.
So yeah, here's my progress on the outdoor tileset, posted in something that isn't a PM. I'll see what I can do about the chairs' outlines; I'm pretty much out of palette space to make it look smoother (and I'd like to avoid using a second palette).
As for pavement graphics, they're looking pretty good. If I can't whip anyhting up there, I'm sure those will do just fine.
Maybe you can try merging the brown and yellow palette somewhat, so it becomes a 5-colored gradient with brown at the start and light yellow at the end? It'll save a color, which could be put to good use in those chairs. In addition, you should try making the edges of the parasol a bit more round, but other than that it looks very nice, especially that potted plant - it's lovely.
Looks like my drawing skill's in a good mood today.
This should be all that needs to be done as far as graphics go. For the ground I guess one could make it use a different kind of palette to allow for some variety, but that needn't be done be me in particular.
Unless anyone has any major complaints, I'll be sending this one to Punk Sarcophagus shortly. (And yeah, I'll make sure to fix the brick inconsistency on the right side of the building before.)
I kind of agree with maro. I actually liked what was done with regards to texture in the first screenshot.
Yeah, I can think of better alternatives to a solid color too. I'm kind of limited on palette space, though, and wood textures I make using no more than three colors are bound to look sloppy to my eyes. (I'm not always great at drawing wood textures anyway, so it might look good even if I made use of a couple more colors.)
In other news, this here should be the final update to the graphics. At Punk Sarcophagus's suggestion, I've enlarged the door and added basic windows:
I have a question, though: Why do you always put in your little...symbol or whatever on everything you draw?
It's kind of my logo. I've been putting it into tilesets I make since my second one or so for no real reason, and some people end up using it as decoration. It's almost like a tradition now.
Originally posted by Lightvayne
It looks good, but those doors and windows look massively huge compared to Mario and can probably be scaled down quite a bit
Believe me, the door would only look silly if it were smaller. As for the windows, I guess they are rather large, but then again, there's no real-life size limit to windows either. Think of them as double-story windows.
Mario shouldn't be needing to reach over his head to grab a door handle. Door's are made so that thier handles are in line with most people's hands. This door's handles are at mario's head. They do this so people can open and close them with ease. Go to your door, if you don't believe me, and grab the door handle. It should be at a comfortable level around your hand, not right around your head.
I could go on, but all in all, that door breaks the general rules on how to be a door. Scale it down.