Aventureiro Mario 3 - Versão Demo 1
Esse hack pode ser bom.
This hack cannot be accepted in its current state for the following reasons:
1. The music crashes in accurate emulators, if you were using romi's addmusic, re-insert everything with addmusic 4.05
after adding the appropriate header to your music files.
2. The level design was quite boring. Most of your levels were flat in structure, this means there were few slopes, terrain heigh variations, pits or anything that would make the level less straight forward, as a result, all I have to do most of the time is head right while facing enemies a couple of times which aren't hard to dodge due to the lack of heigh variations. Examples of this can be seen here
and in many other spots in the game, this place
also counts as a flat segment because all I have to do is move right for a long time in the net while dodging a few koopas. Related to that, I also caught a few semntents with no enemies at all, like here
3. Still in level design issues, I noticed you copy-pasted a lot of areas, this isn't good because you're making the player go through the same thing again, and they will eventually get borred. For example, these two
areas are really similar, so are these two
and these two
are actually identical.
4. The yellow switch palace was completely unedited, except for the graphics. Your hack cannot be accepted if it contains unedited SMW levels, even minor ones like the yellow switch palace.
5. As you can may have already noticed by the screenshots I posted, your graphics overwrite the status bar palette and make it ugly if not unreadable. Make sure your custom palettes don't overwrite the status bar colors
6. When I got here
I was unable to continue, because the purple triangle block didn't work properly, you can fix this by placing tile 1EB under it.
Fix your level design and the other issues I mentioned. Take in mind that I was only able to play a very small part of the hack because of the game breaking issue with the purple triangle, so there's a chance there may be more issues in the following levels and more examples of the level design issues I mentioned.