Banner
Views: 779,214,303
Time:
16 users online: 7 Up, Aguni_, bandicoot, Darolac,  FPzero, Green Jerry,  idol,  Manofer, Pink Gold Peach, Pitchin Luigi, RollingRigatonis, rvx, Sancles,  Tahixham,  Teyla,  Tob - Guests: 45 - Bots: 212 Users: 40,847 (1,670 active)
Latest: Mr.Shohai
Tip: You can use the SMW Customizer to edit tons of misc. features in SMW, including the speed of Bullet Bills, how many points a 3-UP moon gives you, and more!Not logged in.
Official SMW Music Porting Help Thread (Read first post!!)
Forum Index - SMW Hacking - SMW Hacking Help - Custom Music - Official SMW Music Porting Help Thread (Read first post!!)
Pages: « 1 211 12 13 14 »
It is NOT possible to make two differently pitched notes played on one channel. Making a chorded sample would be a way around this, unless your port will be unsampled.

Same thing goes with the instruments. Only one instrument can be played on one channel unless you plan to do some sample ripping trickery.
Twitter
Originally posted by Giftshaven
It is NOT possible to make two differently pitched notes played on one channel. Making a chorded sample would be a way around this, unless your port will be unsampled.

Same thing goes with the instruments. Only one instrument can be played on one channel unless you plan to do some sample ripping trickery.


Hmm and how to make a chorded sample?
#yolo what the f * c k !
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀a a a a a a a a a a
It's a secret shhh
I use OpenMPT to make samples, and to make chorded samples. This tutorial can teach you how it works.
Twitter
Originally posted by Giftshaven
I use OpenMPT to make samples, and to make chorded samples. This tutorial can teach you how it works.


Thank you, got it.
#yolo what the f * c k !
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀a a a a a a a a a a
It's a secret shhh
Originally posted by httpERROR404
Anyone knows if there's any trick to use a note in two different octaves at same time on the same channel? It will help me a lot to not waste space with the more than one channel.
Giftshaven answered your question but I'd like to go a little bit further. 8-bit/low polyphony hardware composers frequently used a technique called "arpeggio." I assume this question is also related to your topic. What software/DAW did you use to create the song? Did you use anyVST Instruments? If yes then Wakana's Tutorial does not account for that. From there you need to use OpenMPT's Render To Sample feature.

Your question seemed to stem from not knowing how the [SNES] channels work. Audio hardware often have a Hardware Channel Limit, Polyphony Limit, Maximum Number of Voices, or words of that nature.
A voice, any audio generated/played, will take up a *channel or add polyphony. As you guessed it cannot exceed 8 as the SNES was released prior to the GM MIDI standard.

*
For most hardware. "Magic" has been used but we're already out of the question's scope.
I'm following Wakanda's porting tutorial (although with my own short techno beat) but when I play the SPC the music loops once at full volume and then fades out while looping a couple more times. Is this normal or some kind of setting in SPC700 player?

I've tried googling but came up empty...

Code
#amk 2

$EF$08$14$14
$F1$9$50$01

#0 w255 t52
@12 o1 l8
grgrgrgr

#1 v180
@12 o1 l16
[rrrr]3rrrg

#2
@6 o2 l8
rgrrrrrr

#3
@6 o2 l16
rrrg[rrrr]3
YouTube / Twitch / Twitter / Discord: MajorMuff#5742
Originally posted by MajorMuff
I'm following Wakanda's porting tutorial (although with my own short techno beat) but when I play the SPC the music loops once at full volume and then fades out while looping a couple more times. Is this normal or some kind of setting in SPC700 player?

It's just SPC700 Player's feature. When you actually use it in-game, it loops properly.
Join SnesLab today! A Lab Rat is waiting for you.
Originally posted by tcdw
It's just SPC700 Player's feature. When you actually use it in-game, it loops properly.

Thanks a lot tcdw! That was quick!
YouTube / Twitch / Twitter / Discord: MajorMuff#5742
Unfortunately I ran into another issue while trying to work with samples:

Code
#amk 2

#path "saga"

#samples {
	#default
		"Synth Bass.brr"
		"Open Hi-Hat.brr"
}

#instruments {
	"Synth Bass.brr" $ff $ee $00 $07 $84 	;@30
	"Open Hi-Hat.brr" $ff $e0 $00 $08 $98	;@31
}

$EF$04$50$50
$F1$01$40$01

#0 w255 t52
@12 o1 l4
[gggg]4

#1 v200
@30 o2 l8
[rf]4

#2
@30 o3 l16
rrrfrrfr[rrrr]2

#3					; hi-hat
o4 l16
[[email protected]]4


Can anyone tell me why the hi-hat sample isn't playing? When I move it up to replace channel #2 it does work. The other sample (@30) works fine and I get no errors.


Apparently SPC Player won't play it but SMW will. Oh well.
YouTube / Twitch / Twitter / Discord: MajorMuff#5742
I want to know if it is possible to recreate this guitar instrument.

WAV of the instrument.

ITI file of the instrument if you have OpenMPT.

I apologise if this post is annoying.

--------------------
YouTube

SoundCloud

My work not in progress hack Kubakku.

Code
	n1E	$FF $53 $7F $04 $00 ;@38
	@8	$FF $F8 $00 $1E $00 ;@39
	n1C $FF $EE $00 $00 $00 ;@40
}
"[email protected] v220 o1"
"[email protected] v200"
"Openhihat=n1E v100"
"CrashCymbal=n1D v100"

#6
l8 Drum c16c HighDrum cr Drum cc16c16 Openhihat c Drum c16 Openhihat c HighDrum c16
 Drum c16c4^16c16c8.c HighDrum c4


I have problem with that marked part...
After noise played its note, then suddenly another weird noise came out.
I checked every note but I couldn't find errors...
How can I fix it?
Originally posted by sinseiga
Code
	n1E	$FF $53 $7F $04 $00 ;@38
	@8	$FF $F8 $00 $1E $00 ;@39
	n1C $FF $EE $00 $00 $00 ;@40
}
"[email protected] v220 o1"
"[email protected] v200"
"Openhihat=n1E v100"
"CrashCymbal=n1D v100"

#6
l8 Drum c16c HighDrum cr Drum cc16c16 Openhihat c Drum c16 Openhihat c HighDrum c16
 Drum c16c4^16c16c8.c HighDrum c4


I have problem with that marked part...
After noise played its note, then suddenly another weird noise came out.
I checked every note but I couldn't find errors...
How can I fix it?


If you want to refer to an instrument, regardless of whether it's noise or a sample, you must refer to the instrument as @ followed by the instrument number.

So it goes like this:
Code
	n1E	$FF $53 $7F $04 $00 ;@38
	@8	$FF $F8 $00 $1E $00 ;@39
	n1C $FF $EE $00 $00 $00 ;@40
}
"[email protected] v220 o1"
"[email protected]29 v200"
"[email protected] v100"
"[email protected]<CrashCymbalInstrumentNumber> v100"

#6
l8 Drum c16c HighDrum cr Drum cc16c16 Openhihat c Drum c16 Openhihat c HighDrum c16
 Drum c16c4^16c16c8.c HighDrum c4


--------------------
YouTube

SoundCloud

My work not in progress hack Kubakku.

Originally posted by Nikku4211

If you want to refer to an instrument, regardless of whether it's noise or a sample, you must refer to the instrument as @ followed by the instrument number.

So it goes like this:
Code
	n1E	$FF $53 $7F $04 $00 ;@38
	@8	$FF $F8 $00 $1E $00 ;@39
	n1C $FF $EE $00 $00 $00 ;@40
}
"[email protected] v220 o1"
"[email protected] v200"
"[email protected] v100"
"[email protected]<CrashCymbalInstrumentNumber> v100"

#6
l8 Drum c16c HighDrum cr Drum cc16c16 Openhihat c Drum c16 Openhihat c HighDrum c16
 Drum c16c4^16c16c8.c HighDrum c4


I probably forgot about that. LOL thx!

*Edit: after fixing that, however still there is a weird noise after that part...
Can someone help me? I keep on getting this message when I try to add music. "Uncaught C++ exception: equivalent(p1, p2): invalid arguments: operation not permitted"

--------------------
Youtube.
I've a question. Are we allowed to use swear words in our ports? It's not about the titles or anything, but rather in the songs themselves.

--------------------
YouTube

SoundCloud

My work not in progress hack Kubakku.

Hello. I started porting music last week and I'm having some troubles regarding lenghts.
According to the MIDI I should combine a lenght that's shorter than 64, but I don't know how to do it.
Link for the stuff.

--------------------
През горите, през полята, под звездите, над житата
Originally posted by SiameseTwins
Hello. I started porting music last week and I'm having some troubles regarding lenghts.
According to the MIDI I should combine a lenght that's shorter than 64, but I don't know how to do it.
Link for the stuff.

That would be 96.

If you are unsure what note length you should use, you can try the tuplet bucket syntax.

Originally posted by AddMusicK's readme
{ }
Triplet
Any notes surrounded by curly braces will be treated as triplets (i.e. their durations will be multiplied by 2/3).
Example: {c4 d4 c4}
Join SnesLab today! A Lab Rat is waiting for you.
I decided to use normal notes because the triplets weren't working for some reason, it worked. Thank you anyway tcdw.
Other thing I'm having trouble is the way the notes fade (I've tried different ADSR values but none of them were right).

--------------------
През горите, през полята, под звездите, над житата
OK, I'm trying to make some samples, and I'm having trouble getting them to loop properly. I've been sure to make the source wav have an 8000Hz sample rate, and the start and end points of the loop to be multiples of 16, so that everything works correctly. But of course, when I put the thing through snesbrr (the newer tool doesn't seem to want to work on my computer?), the resulting sample has its loop in a nonsense place which is nothing to do with what I specified.

Here is a helpfully annotated screenshot of the command prompt window, in case anyone can understand what it might mean:


When played back in BRR Player, the sample sure exists, and sounds alright, if not for its atrocious loop. So yeah.
Pages: « 1 211 12 13 14 »
Forum Index - SMW Hacking - SMW Hacking Help - Custom Music - Official SMW Music Porting Help Thread (Read first post!!)

The purpose of this site is not to distribute copyrighted material, but to honor one of our favourite games.

Copyright © 2005 - 2019 - SMW Central
Legal Information - Privacy Policy - Link To Us


Total queries: 7

Menu

Follow Us On

  • YouTube
  • Twitch
  • Twitter

Affiliates

  • Talkhaus
  • SMBX Community
  • GTx0
  • Super Luigi Bros
  • ROMhacking.net
  • MFGG
  • Gaming Reinvented