Banner
Views: 854,334,874
Time:
22 users online: AnEvilGhost, bersi, Bullymario, chickaDEE Magazine, Hooded Edge, Infinity,  JamesD28, KaidenThelens, Kentakiman, MegaSonic1999,  MiniMawile303, Mirann, Miscalc,  Pinci, PokerFace, SimFan96, TheBiob, toad64, Ultima, Worl,  xHF01x, yoshiatom - Guests: 68 - Bots: 61 Users: 47,149 (2,474 active)
Latest: Tauntaun
Tip: Not logged in.
SPC Showoff thread 4.0 - Now with links and soundtrack database!
Forum Index - Sunken Ghost Ship - Display Case - SPC Showoff thread 4.0 - Now with links and soundtrack database!
Pages: « 1 2 3 435 36 » Thread Closed
Originally posted by RednGreen
Secret of Evermore - Tinker Tinderbox
Nothing too difficult, aside from the nasty gain values and those quick notes in channel #2.

Ooh! That sounds really nice. It sounds like something you would hear in a lively (friendly?) carnival populated by ghosts or something. I don't have time to check how accurate it is, but it definitely sounds nice in its own right. Good work!
---------------
Actually heard this used as a game death in my latest nightmare.
It probably wouldn't fit a typical SMW death, though. I just thought I'd show it off.

--------------------
Check out my music!
^Ya mind if I use that for my hack? Given the idea I have, it's friggin' perfect!

--------------------
Believe it or not, I still exist in some fashion.
Originally posted by Assi9
^Ya mind if I use that for my hack? Given the idea I have, it's friggin' perfect!

Sure! You might have to replace every instance of "$ed $81" (AM4's semitone tune command) with "$fa $02" (for AMK), but that's basically it (and if it's too loud, try turning down the 'w' command a few values).

--------------------
Check out my music!
Originally posted by Moose

I really love this song, and I agree with RednGreen on the drums; I think they fit the song rather well.

Originally posted by Darius

Definitely sounds pretty accurate. I might suggest not to alter the master volume, as although it may make it easier to port, it also leaves you in a situation where you need to have essentially perfect circumstances for it to be useful. Just keep that in mind.

Originally posted by Masterlink

Once again, very accurate. No real complaints, although the rhythm of the toms in the beginning is slightly off. Nice work.

Originally posted by RednGreen

Great song, great port, as expected from you. Very nice.


Super Metroid - Arrival on Crateria
Clock Tower - Laura in the Bathtub
Did these a while ago for a thing over at JDCGames but never got around to showing them off here. Arrival on Crateria I admit was a bit rushed, but I hope it isn't too noticeable.

--------------------
soundcloud / bandcamp / twitter / battle of the bits / buy our album
The Arrival on Crateria sounds very nice, very ominous. I don't really notice anything wrong with it. The little "explosions" on Channels 4 and 5 might need a little boost in volume on the beginning though. Overall, I can see this working in a lot of situations. Great job on these.
As for the Crateria port...
Originally posted by X-cniS
Super Metroid - Arrival on Crateria
Clock Tower - Laura in the Bathtub
Did these a while ago for a thing over at JDCGames but never got around to showing them off here. Arrival on Crateria I admit was a bit rushed, but I hope it isn't too noticeable.


Both Ports are really accurate, very excact Pitch Values.

And sorry for stupid question, but why is Global Volume Changing in-game so unconfortable? :O

Sand Canyon 3

A friend of mine used that in his hack and I and even he didn't know where it was from. But yesterday, I looked in the Kirbys Dream Land 3 Soundtrack and found it. #w{:>}
Originally posted by Darius
And sorry for stupid question, but why is Global Volume Changing in-game so unconfortable? :O

Because the global volume doesn't get reset upon loading a song. Your sound effects will get softer, and other songs will get softer as well. It's generally just not such a good idea.

--------------------
Originally posted by Darius
Originally posted by X-cniS
Super Metroid - Arrival on Crateria
Clock Tower - Laura in the Bathtub
Did these a while ago for a thing over at JDCGames but never got around to showing them off here. Arrival on Crateria I admit was a bit rushed, but I hope it isn't too noticeable.


Both Ports are really accurate, very excact Pitch Values.

And sorry for stupid question, but why is Global Volume Changing in-game so unconfortable? :O

Sand Canyon 3

A friend of mine used that in his hack and I and even he didn't know where it was from. But yesterday, I looked in the Kirbys Dream Land 3 Soundtrack and found it. #w{:>}


Sounds very close to the original! some ADSR and volumes are different but you did a really good job #smw{:TUP:}


Sad Violin theme (Sampled)
Ported by ear but I only did the beginning, it's supposed to be a Game Over Screen song so that's why I only ported the beginning :P
Originally posted by Mrpinci19

Fits perfect for a Game Over screen. And nice use of the samples.


Originally posted by Darius

Nice porting right here. Ya got the notes right :p
It's very close to perfection, so why not to make it perfect?

I still prefer making unsampled comps sampled porting.
In my opinion, this one has enough quality to be in this thread.
Bleeding Truth (1:20)
(Edited for song updates)
Originally posted by Arctic Avenger
Originally posted by Mrpinci19

Fits perfect for a Game Over screen. And nice use of the samples.


Originally posted by Darius

Nice porting right here. Ya got the notes right :p
It's very close to perfection, so why not to make it perfect?

I still prefer making unsampled comps sampled porting.
In my opinion, this one has enough quality to be in this thread.
Bleeding Truth (1:20)

Holy shit, great use of instruments! I haven't heard the original but I love the way you used ADSR



Love is in the air

It's finished! I hope TLMB is glad of this :D
@Mrpinci19
Not bad! Very close to the original.

Ah, my SPC is a composition. That is the original #w{=P}
Originally posted by Pinci
Love is in the air

It's finished! I hope TLMB is glad of this :D

It's quite good, though it's a bit faster than the original, and some notes cut off a bit earlier than they should. I would also recommend changing the pizzicati near the end to an ADSR with a fast release rather than cutting them off suddenly like you do now.

That said, this was one of my favorite songs in the game and I'm glad you're doing such a fine job porting it. Keep up the good work!

-----------------------
Let's hear it for nostalgia.

I was also challenging myself in terms of sample selection, using only samples used in SNES games made before or around the same year as this one. Have fun guessing where they all come from!

--------------------
Check out my music!
Sorry guys, I want to hear your ports, but my net is shitty today.
Tomorrow I'll edit this post and comment a few.

First of all, I had no internet for a few weeks. I have done alot of quit SMW things. I decided to quit.

First thing: Blake Reary - Nowhere Near (remix)
I ported this again, This time using chiptune samples along with HQ ones. Share your opinion, please!

Blake Reary - Nowhere Near (more original friendly)
Again this song, more original friendly this time.

Electroconductor - Midnight
This is ported song with 32 KHz samples (HQ) Hope you like this too.

This is a port of the piano port of the previous song.

I tried to port MC. Stopped so soon.

A guitar thing. Could you please help me finding a theme for this? Thanks.

That's it!
No more to come!
(Only if someone requests anything from me, then I might do it)

Please comment, I'll edit this post tomorrow to comment your ones.
Originally posted by Luigi370
Sorry guys, I want to hear your ports, but my net is shitty today.
Tomorrow I'll edit this post and comment a few.

First of all, I had no internet for a few weeks. I have done alot of quit SMW things. I decided to quit.

First thing: Blake Reary - Nowhere Near (remix)
I ported this again, This time using chiptune samples along with HQ ones. Share your opinion, please!

Blake Reary - Nowhere Near (more original friendly)
Again this song, more original friendly this time.

Electroconductor - Midnight
This is ported song with 32 KHz samples (HQ) Hope you like this too.

This is a port of the piano port of the previous song.

I tried to port MC. Stopped so soon.

A guitar thing. Could you please help me finding a theme for this? Thanks.

That's it!
No more to come!
(Only if someone requests anything from me, then I might do it)

Please comment, I'll edit this post tomorrow to comment your ones.


I don't know what to say about these ports, they all sound great!



Magicant

I really like how this turned out :D
It fits Dream OWs
Originally posted by Pinci
Magicant

I really like how this turned out :D
It fits Dream OWs


Sounds good, but I think an Echo on all Channels would make it even more dream-like. Good using of SMW Instruments.

Big Sumo Blues

As far as I know, I never showed this off. It was really hard to port and the txt is really big (~30kb), but it was worth it! #w{=D}
@Darius What game is that song from? The port itself sounds pretty nice, and would probably fit a hub/house area quite nicely.

--------------------
I wrote a short song with wacky time signatures. (sort of WIP???)

--------------------
Check out my music!
Originally posted by Darius

No idea where this is from, but I like it. The beginning almost reminds me of Yoshi's Story.
Quote
(~30kb)

I really hope you mean 3kb (3000 bytes). Otherwise, well, I'm not sure what to say.



Really like this one. Sounds like it could fit a desert temple or ruins.




Rudra no Hihou - The Flame and the Arrow

This image pretty much sums up my feelings on this one.

--------------------
soundcloud / bandcamp / twitter / battle of the bits / buy our album
@Sinc-X: Wings... this sounds amazing, even for how short it is. Great job on this one.

The RnH port sounds pretty cool too, but it feels as if the part right before the loop has a bit of slowdown. Other than that, nice job.

-------------

Welp... (WIP)

Yeah, I honestly need as much comments and feedback on this as I possibly can get, this is one of my favorite songs from the Megaman 10 soundtrack, and I want to do it the justice it deserves.
Torino-Uta

from FM Nack5(the japan kanto region No.1 FM radio station!) - Senri Manaka Sunday 9.

--------------------


My Homepage(JST May 14, 2014 - Maintenance!)
youtube channel
my TINAMI page
twitter
Pages: « 1 2 3 435 36 » Thread Closed
Forum Index - Sunken Ghost Ship - Display Case - SPC Showoff thread 4.0 - Now with links and soundtrack database!

The purpose of this site is not to distribute copyrighted material, but to honor one of our favourite games.

Copyright © 2005 - 2020 - SMW Central
Legal Information - Privacy Policy - Link To Us


Menu

Follow Us On

  • YouTube
  • Twitch
  • Twitter

Affiliates

  • Super Mario Bros. X Community
  • ROMhacking.net
  • Mario Fan Games Galaxy