Banner
Views: 700,607,157
Time:
10 users online: edgar, Flippn'Fences, o Huxellberger, MasterMario97, OrangeRock57, PaulN7687, Puduhge, Rainbow Man, Telinc1, Vinicius Kombat - Guests: 56 - Bots: 104Users: 36,633 (1,460 active)
Latest: Inkticious
Tip: Keep in mind that the maximum size for an ExAnimation ExGFX file is 16 by 13 tiles, rather than 16 by 8 tiles like you would expect.Not logged in.
Layout Request/Help/Base Code thread [read the request rules @people]
Forum Index - Donut Plains - Computers & Technology - Layout Request/Help/Base Code thread [read the request rules @people]
Pages: « 1 236 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
Originally posted by Tob
Uh, heya! I'd like to have a Layout:

I'd like this as the background and this
as the side-image. I made a sketch of what I want my Layout to be like. But I have to note that the background schould repeat horizontally. Forgot to mark it in the sketch.

I'll take it. I'll send you the code in 24 hours.

EDIT: Done, and sent the code through PM.
Hey! I dunno if there`s anyone here who can do this, but if you guys could make my layout like this:

http://orig04.deviantart.net/5425/f/2012/253/4/2/425a696965099d582e5e2cf22b893cd2-d4c1y9h.jpg

Have the text box be dark red, and have this image on the right side of the text box:

http://rs456.pbsrc.com/albums/qq284/GenesisZeroGX/Sprite%20Animations/zerospin.gif~c200

Then I would really appreciate it. Hope this is good enough info, since I dont really know how to say this very well. XD

If only I could find a animated image of REGULAR Omega Zero either with his ``WARE WA MESSIAH NARI! pose or doing his seven slash combo, though... if you guys know where to find this, then put that instead on the left side. But I dont really think its necessary (and I dunno if it would blend well with the color) so, yeah. XD

EDIT: Oh yeah, also, about the letters, put whatever color suits best, just not something that doesnt blend well with the text box color.
Layout by Mathos
Images like these DO NOT make for a good layout (the filesize is too big too).
A background image should loop horizontally and vertically, or, if not, should have a clean (single color) cut at the edges so you can just set the background color without creating cutoff.
See the first post on how to properly request a layout and what the resources should be like.

On a smaller scale, this is what your layout would look like:


--------------------
Anime statistic on MyAnimeList:
400 animes completed ✓
6000 episodes completed ✓
100 Days completed ✓
... what even am I doing with my life?
Hi,
I'd like someone to make a layout similar to the one shown on this profile:

http://101gamers.com/?page=profile&id=1

(Just to say that is my profile on my board)

Thanks.

Also this link might help too with images http://101gamers.com/?page=post&id=167

--------------------
Touko
Post layout by Touko White, made with ABXD layout maker
Ported to AcmlmBoard style by RanAS
Originally posted by JackTheSpades
Images like these DO NOT make for a good layout (the filesize is too big too).
A background image should loop horizontally and vertically, or, if not, should have a clean (single color) cut at the edges so you can just set the background color without creating cutoff.
See the first post on how to properly request a layout and what the resources should be like.

On a smaller scale, this is what your layout would look like:


Yeah, sorry about that, I didnt really see the rules part and thought that any picture would do. XD Anyway, how about this one, then?

http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac173/master_x_2k/Rockman%20Fanart/Rockman%20Zero/11354234_m.jpg?t=1343102224

I think this one would be better, since its way smaller and its background is white, meaning that it blends way better and doesnt really give too much attention to the actual layout. If it isnt any good, then just ignore my request.

EDIT: If white backgrounds dont really work, though, then this one could be better? I dunno at this point tbh.

http://fast1.onesite.com/capcom-unity.com/user/jgonzo/95047c248533b5f13a3ed432a3e41521.jpg?v=212400
Layout by Mathos
Originally posted by Cammygirl192
Hi,
I'd like someone to make a layout similar to the one shown on this profile:

http://101gamers.com/?page=profile&id=1

(Just to say that is my profile on my board)

Thanks.

Also this link might help too with images http://101gamers.com/?page=post&id=167


You're going to have to provide links to images and more details. Otherwise, I have no idea on what I'm looking at. What is the things you're looking for? Color for post? Background? Side image?
Originally posted by nt61
You're going to have to provide links to images and more details. Otherwise, I have no idea on what I'm looking at. What is the things you're looking for? Color for post? Background? Side image?

Uh...oops. I already sent it to him via PM. Sorry. But y'know, it's actually easier than you think!

I just use the page editor to grab the code. It should be in the right-click menu of most modern browsers.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear." --Ram Dass
Plz make a layout!!! I want it to be SMW raccoon Mario on yellow Yoshi. in level funky. And teach Me how 2 insert layouts in ur posts :)

--------------------
My Hacks: The SMW Sequel
編集:アラフAKBAR(神は素晴らしい)
please, reading the rules should NOT be hard...

Originally posted by rules
  1. Please provide all resources - ready to be used - that you require for your layout in your request post.

    The coder of your layout is not an image editor, nor are they willing to search for your images Please provide everything you want in your layout ready to be used.
    If you want your layout to have colors, include in your request the hex or rgb values of said colors.
    For backgrounds, use images that can be looped properly or have no cutoff on the borders, so that the remains can be filled up with a colol. Don't just ask for any huge panorama images.
    If you have trouble finding transparent or looping images, add "render" or "pattern" to your search tages

  2. Do not be too vague with your request.

    While you are free to give your layout coder some leeway with your request, do not make it too vague, because they might end up coding something that you do not like at all.
    Don't just make a request with one image as background and telling the coder "make good layout please". Requests like that are likly to end up covered in dust.



e: <LucasRCD> How do you "red" a post?

--------------------
jid when
:-) ok I will make dat file!

--------------------
My Hacks: The SMW Sequel
編集:アラフAKBAR(神は素晴らしい)
What Erik557 said. You got to me more specific than that. Provide images, where you want them places, and such.
Oh yeah, also, I dont really know if its needed to say this, but if you guys are going to put the second picture that I put for a layout choice, then dont put the box color as dark red. Any kind of color is fine, though I dunno if that color is gonna blend in with the layout so, yeah. If you guys want to use the first picture, though, then you guys could put a dark red box with this as part of the text box:

http://img12.deviantart.net/26be/i/2008/004/2/e/wallpaper__megaman_zero___logo_by_0x0__lq.jpg

If its not possible, though, then please disregard that. And about the text font or color, do whatever you guys want with it. That`s all. XD

And, of course, the rest of what I said before, but I think you guys already know that, so...
Layout by Mathos
Soooooo, another layout.
I want:
The orange kid fontthe in-game font color and size is fine.
that as the post border for the post box color
this border color for code
this border color for quote. use the border cutoff as it is like in game for "originally posted by x"
this as the background repeat either direction if needed.
Hi, I'm a signature!
Hack Thread
Hack Testing Status: Available.
Layout by Koopster.
Originally posted by M A R I O W O R L D
that as the post border for the post box color
this border color for code
this border color for quote. use the border cutoff as it is like in game for "originally posted by x"

You should provide the borders already cut (like this), so the coder doesn't have to cut them by him/herself.

Originally posted by M A R I O W O R L D
this as the background repeat either direction if needed.

That's really distracting. I'm no mod to speak, but it probably wouldn't be allowed as it sacrifices the whole readability.

Originally posted by M A R I O W O R L D
The orange kid fontthe in-game font color and size is fine.

Again, I'm no mod to speak, but that font looks really bad in small sizes.

--------------------
jid when
Originally posted by Zekrom PKstarship
[why did you delete the post, c'mon]

If you want to use a custom font in your layout, first you need to make sure its license lets you use it on webpages. Is the font's name "Mega Man 10", named after the game? That one allows you to use it as a webfont. This one website called Font Squirrel lets you do that (here).

If you still want to use the font, I can convert it for you and send you the CSS so that you can use it in your post layout.

Originally posted by Theultimate12
things

Unfortunately, there's simply no way I can organize those backgrounds with HTML/CSS and still make it look nice. There's multiple reasons none of those backgrounds work, and it would take a while to explain. Sorry.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear." --Ram Dass
Originally posted by RanAS
Originally posted by Zekrom PKstarship
[why did you delete the post, c'mon]

If you want to use a custom font in your layout, first you need to make sure its license lets you use it on webpages. Is the font's name "Mega Man 10", named after the game? That one allows you to use it as a webfont. This one website called Font Squirrel lets you do that (here).

If you still want to use the font, I can convert it for you and send you the CSS so that you can use it in your post layout.

Originally posted by Theultimate12
things

Unfortunately, there's simply no way I can organize those backgrounds with HTML/CSS and still make it look nice. There's multiple reasons none of those backgrounds work, and it would take a while to explain. Sorry.


Yeah, dont worry about it, since I dont really think this is THAT necessary, and I dont really think I would feel right about making you work too much like that. Though just kinda curious: which kind of picture would work better on a layout? I already seen some people have a regular layout without any pictures on the actual layout, and instead having a picture on the side, so maybe that`s a better way to do this? Tbh, I dont really know about this too well, so I need to know what I am doing wrong. XD
Layout by Mathos
Originally posted by Theultimate12
Yeah, dont worry about it, since I dont really think this is THAT necessary, and I dont really think I would feel right about making you work too much like that. Though just kinda curious: which kind of picture would work better on a layout? I already seen some people have a regular layout without any pictures on the actual layout, and instead having a picture on the side, so maybe that`s a better way to do this? Tbh, I dont really know about this too well, so I need to know what I am doing wrong. XD

You can have just the text and a single color as a background, but it's not too complicated to have images as a background either. You just need the right image. There's a few alternatives actually. Here's the most important ones that I can remember:

1. An image that repeats in all directions. It can have any resolution. It can't have cutoff of any kind in any corner of the image. Example.

2. An image that doesn't repeat, but is streched to fill the entire screen. Needs to have a high resolution and a low filesize (usually JPEG). Doesn't look as good. Example.

3. An image that doesn't repeat, but is attached to a corner of the post layout. The rest of the post is either filled with a single color, a gradient or another background. Transparency required (or at least a very uniform background made of only one color). Example.

Here's the problem. With bad images, none of these work. Here's an example with a different image, but the exact same problem I'm having coding your layout.

I would need to edit the image a lot to fix that, it would take a while.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear." --Ram Dass
Originally posted by RanAS
Originally posted by Theultimate12
Yeah, dont worry about it, since I dont really think this is THAT necessary, and I dont really think I would feel right about making you work too much like that. Though just kinda curious: which kind of picture would work better on a layout? I already seen some people have a regular layout without any pictures on the actual layout, and instead having a picture on the side, so maybe that`s a better way to do this? Tbh, I dont really know about this too well, so I need to know what I am doing wrong. XD

You can have just the text and a single color as a background, but it's not too complicated to have images as a background either. You just need the right image. There's a few alternatives actually. Here's the most important ones that I can remember:

1. An image that repeats in all directions. It can have any resolution. It can't have cutoff of any kind in any corner of the image. Example.

2. An image that doesn't repeat, but is streched to fill the entire screen. Needs to have a high resolution and a low filesize (usually JPEG). Doesn't look as good. Example.

3. An image that doesn't repeat, but is attached to a corner of the post layout. The rest of the post is either filled with a single color, a gradient or another background. Transparency required (or at least a very uniform background made of only one color). Example.

Here's the problem. With bad images, none of these work. Here's an example with a different image, but the exact same problem I'm having coding your layout.

I would need to edit the image a lot to fix that, it would take a while.


You know what? I think that a dark red background with this in it (http://img12.deviantart.net/26be/i/2008/004/2/e/wallpaper__megaman_zero___logo_by_0x0__lq.jpg), this on the side (http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m254/Aterga/Megaman%20Zero/zerospin.gif) and this font (http://orig05.deviantart.net/7b7f/f/2015/044/a/d/megaman_zero_dialog_font_by_megadreamer-d8huk5s.png) would be better, but I dunno if that`s good or not. If the problem is with the layout, though, then I think this could remediate the problem (I guess...?).
Layout by Mathos
New layout request, coming through!

Background: Here

Right Side Image: Here

Quote Icon: Here

Code Icon: Here

Hope this images are good for use, and thanks in advance.

--------------------
Kinda sorta back though not really.
Seems nice, taking it.

--------------------
jid when
Pages: « 1 236 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
Forum Index - Donut Plains - Computers & Technology - Layout Request/Help/Base Code thread [read the request rules @people]

The purpose of this site is not to distribute copyrighted material, but to honor one of our favourite games.

Copyright © 2005 - 2018 - SMW Central
Legal Information - Privacy Policy - Link To Us


Total queries: 23

Menu

Follow Us On

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • YouTube

Affiliates

  • Talkhaus
  • SMBX Community
  • GTx0
  • Super Luigi Bros
  • ROMhacking.net
  • MFGG
  • Gaming Reinvented