Big Boo's revenge
REASONS FOR REMOVAL:
As far as I was able to play, this hack was quite fun, and I was all set to accept it until the world 2 castle. Sadly, during the cutscene after beating the castle, something went seriously wrong with the sound engine; after the bomb explosion, all I got was silence. And rather than loading the overworld after the cutscene was done, the game crashed, rendering me unable to continue. I must admit that I really am not sure how this could have happened, given how the rest of the music in the hack (including during the first castle destruction, which used the default Addmusic one) played just fine. I hope you manage to figure out what happened and fix it, as I was having a lot of fun with the hack up until that point; maybe some of the people in the music help forum would be able to help you?
I do, however, have a few minor things that I want to bring up as well:
- There's no need to include an IPS patcher in the download; we already have one in our Tools section.
- Although the hack isn't very text-heavy (so this isn't really that big of an issue), it's obvious that English isn't your first language. Might I recommend asking someone to proofread your text for you?
- Classic mistake that a lot of people do: your castle backgrounds are missing the flame generator.
- In this particular spot in the first ghost house, if you get interrupted by grinders before you can pick up all the blocks, you can easily get an unwinnable situation like this. Due to the way the grinders are placed, there is no way to get to the hole before one of them falls down there no matter how you try to approach it.
- There was a P-Switch earlier in this room. I pressed it, and arrived at the end just in time to see the door I needed to go through vanish as the P-Switch timer ran out. Since the room isn't all too large, a few P-Switch coin arrows should be enough to alert the player that he needs to hurry; a full reset option shouldn't be necessary.
- The Tetris music in one of the levels loops really awkwardly. I'd recommend finding yourself a better port of it.
As should be clear, the music crash was the main removal reason: fix that, and I'll gladly continue onwards. If what I've seen so far is any indication, the hack should easily be able to pass moderation assuming there aren't any more crashes.
--------------------My YouTube channel
Get the official ASMT resource pack here