+ Very nice colors and theme.
+ Bonus for inner quotes (I liked the dotted look).
- The blue shadow, while looking great on the side image, it's a bit weird on the post/signature boxes.
- Link colors when hovered have a weird effect, it goes to the background's color and has an text shadow to keep it separate from the BG, but I don't think it works very well. I don't mind just changing the color of the text to a brighter one when hovering, it would be neat actually. Then again it's a very minor thing.
- Code boxes have a weird bright shade of blue as a background, I don't think it combines very well with the rest of the post.
I'm hesitant, but you know what screw it, you get a 9/10
with the only problems being minor etiher way. Everything else about the post seems to work well.
I'M RATING YOUR LAYOUT TOO BECAUSE YOU HAD THE AUDACITY
TO POST WITHOUT rating a layout sorry i'm too lazy to change the caps lock thingy in this paragraph
+ That rain effect in the BG is very nice. It's sad that it's against a white background because it actually looks very neat.
- The signature is pratically unreadable (white text on white background).
- That link color is not good. A brighter shade of purple would be nice. The shadowing on the text is also makes it extra hard to read, specially when hovering it.
- The "Originally posted by" text is not bad, but the text-shadow looks awkward and the text itself could be repositioned to the right and down, near the quote boxes.
- Code box is not bad by itself, but it almost feels like it's part of another layout entirely. It looks specially odd when near the quote box.
That's a 7/10
more or less. I see the style you're going for but it doesn't feel quite right.
I KEEP TYPING AND PEOPLE KEEP POSTING
*sees yet another post*
Oh thank you Tob for posting I was about to rate yet another
layout, though the order's a bit messed up now.
I guess I should write something
though. Post box goes over the side image (there IS
setting for it on Layout Maker XP), has the default signature that can be disabled on Edit Profile, very very bright with bad contrast, and overall generic but it's simple, not that distracting and it works so maybe 6/10
Last time I posted on this thread my layout was a disaster.
Originally posted by Quote
Sample text Sample text Sample text Sample text
Sample text Sample Link Code
border: 1px solid #000020;
overflow: hidden; /* CSS, WHY DO I NEED OVERFLOW HIDDEN HERE WHY */
This is an overly simple layout. Then again, it's probably the more readable and least eye-searing/distracting of the layouts I made, which is a plus. It's probably because I'm better at being consistent than making sure the consistency is actually good.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear." --Ram Dass