The point of this thread is to share clever Kaizo/Pit/Puzzle traps or tricks that you came up with yourself. I will give some of my own at the end of this message.
A few self-imposed rules:
1. This thread is not for advertising your hack. You may reference a trap in a hack you made, but don't just post in order to brag or bring attention to something you made.
2. You must have made the trap yourself or give credit where it is due.
3. If ASM or other custom stuff is necessary, then make sure you specify what is needed.
4. Do not get out of hand trying to criticize other people's work.
And now, for my trap ideas:
1. Jumping off Yoshi to jump on a falling springboard at the right time.
2. Hiding the "warp block sprite" to lock the player into a decision, such as two equally difficult but different trials in a room. One might be shell-jumping and the other is grabbing a throw block and jumping.
3. A narrow room you go in with a pipe you exit out of and can enter again, and a door on the other side with a pokey you cannot jump over. You have to run to the door quickly to enter. On the way out, you have to be fast and not get hit by the pokey.
EDIT: Grammar just loves to commit crimes, it has a long record of arson around.
Your layout has been removed.