Language…
7 users online: bd90492,  Fernap, Jolpengammler, KlonoA13Phill, Klug, lol121, YouFailMe - Guests: 80 - Bots: 262
Users: 55,685 (2,382 active)
Latest user: lumi

(Canceled) The Halberd

I've really been wanting to show this tileset to you guys for a while now, but anyway, it's part of the level, so enjoy.

http://i.imgur.com/K85pNz2.png

I'm not done yet--but I'm getting there. Especially with the bosses:

http://s7.postimg.org/mcl0c0wqv/concept_art.png
http://s16.postimage.org/l0wxo1t05/screen84.png

(second image is not part of the level, but of a previous work that I'm recycling the boss out of)
And yes, (the above boss that I'm not spoiling so you actually look at it lol) has cutscenes! Surprise surprise!

For those who really think I'm farfetched with the first boss, I know what I'm doing. Don't worry. It involved invisible SMB2 bombable rocks for a boss HP bar at first, but now, considering that none of the other bosses in this project will have an HP bar, I'll just stick to a Mother Brain for this one.

Just so you know, I'm flat out serious with every word I'm saying here. It might take a month or so, but boy will it be worth it.

Oh right, the difficulty. It'll be difficult, but it won't be as hard as the dark world should be.
Gorgeous tileset! I can tell just by what you've written here that you know what you're doing when it comes to this engine, and I really can't wait to see where you go with it.
Originally posted by SilverDeoxys563

For those who really think I'm farfetched with the first boss, I know what I'm doing. Don't worry. It involves invisible SMB2 bombable rocks, I will say that. ...Oh, and a boss HP bar.


I'd say try to stay away from a boss HP bar. That's an addition that probably would be a bit inconsistent with the other bosses present, and seems to be in there more to say, "Look what I can do!" than to serve a real, practical purpose. It's cool if you want to stretch the engine a bit, but don't overdo it just to impress people, alright?

That said, the screenshots look superb, and knowing your other works I can only expect good things from this. Keep it up.
Originally posted by S.N.N.
Gorgeous tileset! I can tell just by what you've written here that you know what you're doing when it comes to this engine, and I really can't wait to see where you go with it.


Aww, thanks, SNN! #smw{^_^}

Originally posted by Din
I'd say try to stay away from a boss HP bar. That's an addition that probably would be a bit inconsistent with the other bosses present, and seems to be in there more to say, "Look what I can do!" than to serve a real, practical purpose. It's cool if you want to stretch the engine a bit, but don't overdo it just to impress people, alright?


Hmm... alright. I understand where you're coming from, and I agree with the fact that it'll be unfitting. I guess I'll stick to a layer-attached Mother Brain, then, like with most custom bosses. That should make things way easier. Thanks for the advice, Din!

Quote
That said, the screenshots look superb, and knowing your other works I can only expect good things from this. Keep it up.


Definitely.
I've gotten quite a bit of progress (new screens probably tomorrow), but first... okay. Would you mind if I split this up into 7 levels? If that was a bit blatant I'm sorry LOL. If you need this to be only one level, I could try to shorten it a little bit.
Still need a respone for ^
Also thinking about doing 8 levels for this just because I don't want to copy the whole game completely


In the meantime, while I prepare more screenshots and a demo...

http://postimg.org/image/8ukcwxmpj/

To be completely honest with you that was one of the easiest cooler things I've ever done. Just saying.
You could probably split it up into seven levels without anyone complaining. Things are pretty lenient when it comes to submissions.

That Meta Knight image is looking spiffy! Nice work.