Banner
Views: 854,331,544
Time:
31 users online: Alex_X8, anonimzwx, BoingBoing, brickblock369, Darolac,  Deeke, Denicentek, Dippy,  E-man38, Evernn, ForthRightMC, Hat Kid, Hooded Edge, Katrina, Kentakiman,  KevinM,  MarioFanGamer, MegaSonic1999, Mogu94, Okare, orka-bln, Rilla Roo, Rykon-V73, SammmUuU, ShadowBoxer_Sandshrew, SimFan96,  Tahixham, The Xtreme One X, TheInsanity115, TheMorganah, toad64 - Guests: 69 - Bots: 70 Users: 47,149 (2,474 active)
Latest: Tauntaun
Tip: There's a fine line between difficult and unfair. Avoid the latter.Not logged in.
(Ruberjig's Thread) NULL
Forum Index - SMW Hacking - SMW Hacking Help - Custom Music - (Ruberjig's Thread) NULL
Pages: « 1 2 »
Outdated.

Please see new thread.

--------------------
What-A-Blast has been cancelled...
**Layout by Erik557


Fanatical like a Demon
Your custom song sounds nice and spooky #ab{:LOL:}. I literally got chills running down my spine listening to it! For some reason, I imagine a spooky underground/insect infested themed level when I hear it #w{xD}.
Major thanks to Suika Ibuki for layout!
SMAS Soundtrack Status: 100% finished
YI Soundtrack Status: 100%
YI Unsampled Soundtrack Status: 100%
NSMB Soundtrack Status: 7.89%
Killer Instinct Soundtrack Status: 14.63%
SPC Thread
From our family to you, keep your pants dry, your dreams wet, and remember, hugs not drugs.
Ah. Thank you very much :) Is great to criticize me in this thread.

...Anyway,

I made some updates. Please read the first post.

--------------------
What-A-Blast has been cancelled...
**Layout by Erik557


I plan to change few other songs here to Addmusic M as well, since I think I can clean up around here, and make things more precise enough. So, tell what you think.

--------------------
What-A-Blast has been cancelled...
**Layout by Erik557


It's Friday. Got no job... but I had something to do.
(null) is sounding closer to the original. Do you think I can improve it? After all it is a Genesis song...

EDIT: Updated. I think I am almost done. Please tell me if anything sounds wrong to you so I can fix it immediately.

--------------------
What-A-Blast has been cancelled...
**Layout by Erik557


(null) is more tuned to the original.

Please tell me if I am doing okay?

--------------------
What-A-Blast has been cancelled...
**Layout by Erik557


I really like the way the Practice With Yoshi is sounding right now. Maybe you could do the Bowser Minion Stage next?

Unfortunately, I can't listen in on Game Select. For some reason... the link is gone.
Fanatical like a Demon
These sound nice! There appears to be something wrong with the Game Select links, it's not working, other than that, keep up the great work!
I loved the Practice with Yoshi! Very soothing to the ears...
Major thanks to Suika Ibuki for layout!
SMAS Soundtrack Status: 100% finished
YI Soundtrack Status: 100%
YI Unsampled Soundtrack Status: 100%
NSMB Soundtrack Status: 7.89%
Killer Instinct Soundtrack Status: 14.63%
SPC Thread
From our family to you, keep your pants dry, your dreams wet, and remember, hugs not drugs.
Those trumpets in Practice with Yoshi are very off-tuned, you might want to look into that. Other than that there's a few issues with staccato, most likely the note lengths though. Other than that, pretty nice.

(I'll edit this post with more later when I get the chance to check the rest of your stuff out)
Originally posted by HarumiMakoto
Those trumpets in Practice with Yoshi are very off-tuned, you might want to look into that. Other than that there's a few issues with staccato, most likely the note lengths though. Other than that, pretty nice.


Thank. I will fix anyway because I noticed a giant mistake in it.


Originally posted by LadiesMan
There appears to be something wrong with the Game Select links, it's not working

Originally posted by Scorpion
Unfortunately, I can't listen in on Game Select. For some reason... the link is gone.


Fixed. Oops I uploaded the .txt instead of .spc #smw{...}
It should work now.
...
..
Anyways, I have noticed mistakes. I will do Bowsers' Minions next after the two songs are done, just to make sure I have the idea of the soundtrack.

EDIT: (null) is more precise. This remains a WIP. I am still missing one channel, because I have NO IDEA how to time the notes on right in it. I need help badly with it if anyone is able to assist me if to you pleases.

--------------------
What-A-Blast has been cancelled...
**Layout by Erik557


Originally posted by Ruberjig
Tetris Attack - Practice With Yoshi is more precise. This remains a WIP. I am still missing one channel, because I have NO IDEA how to time the notes on right in it. I need help badly with it if anyone is able to assist me if to you pleases.

Cool arrangement! I love your mixing/samples, but the MIDI you used sounds like it might've been converted by SPC2MIDI, which uses methods TinyMM/PetiteMM don't read to fix the timing of the notes.

Your best bet is to manually open up the MIDI in a MIDI-editing program like Noteworthy Composer or Anvil Studio (FL Studio Demo can do the job, too!) and fix them before converting them. I also highly encourage arranging the songs from scratch, because it's probably a lot less of a hassle than translating the commands SPC2MIDI generate.
Originally posted by CrispyYoshi
Your best bet is to manually open up the MIDI in a MIDI-editing program like Noteworthy Composer or Anvil Studio (FL Studio Demo can do the job, too!) and fix them before converting them. I also highly encourage arranging the songs from scratch, because it's probably a lot less of a hassle than translating the commands SPC2MIDI generate.


It is strange. First, it sounds fine in Anvil Studio, but it still sounds the same in MML form. Also the Closed Hi-Hat merges with the Drums channel even when I try not to. It doesn't do this with the other songs... and I already tried to translate by hand, and its very very hard becuase the timing of MML to unsimilar to Midi.

Therefore my best choice to type the closed hi-hat by hand in MML (this song doesnt run in quarters in MML which makes it harder.)

--------------------
What-A-Blast has been cancelled...
**Layout by Erik557


Change the channel of the hihats to something that fits within the first 8 channels of the MIDI, that should fix your problem. Though it's a lot better now!
I am going to start a new song soon.

Originally posted by Harumi Makoto
Change the channel of the hihats to something that fits within the first 8 channels of the MIDI, that should fix your problem. Though it's a lot better now!


Actually, it didn't work. It forces me to use Channel 10. I think the best thing for me to do is to port the hihat by hand... and like I say before... that will hard because I dont know the number of the note. On a positive side, I can fit channel #7 in the MML. I will try to do it.

--------------------
What-A-Blast has been cancelled...
**Layout by Erik557


Originally posted by Ruberjig
I am going to start a new song soon.

Originally posted by Harumi Makoto
Change the channel of the hihats to something that fits within the first 8 channels of the MIDI, that should fix your problem. Though it's a lot better now!


Actually, it didn't work. It forces me to use Channel 10. I think the best thing for me to do is to port the hihat by hand... and like I say before... that will hard because I dont know the number of the note. On a positive side, I can fit channel #7 in the MML. I will try to do it.


The hihats only sound good on Channel 10, but for actually porting it, it doesn't matter at all. Just cut the hihats from the channel it's on and paste it on an unused channel, or just change the hihat's channel to channel 8, so it corresponds to #7 properly.
Originally posted by Harumi
The hihats only sound good on Channel 10, but for actually porting it, it doesn't matter at all. Just cut the hihats from the channel it's on and paste it on an unused channel, or just change the hihat's channel to channel 8, so it corresponds to #7 properly.


Because it's a perscussion, it will not let me have it on channels 1-9, only on 10-16. When I do switch it to a lower channel, it turns into a piano, instead of Hi-Hat. And since drums and hi-hat share channel 10, piano will play on both. Copying and Pasting it would also not work, because even if I did find the right note, it would remain a mystery if the note is quarter, third, or whatever it is.

--------------------
What-A-Blast has been cancelled...
**Layout by Erik557


That doesn't mean you can't change it into a Hi-Hat in your text file, now does it?

--------------------
I can, but the notes number cannot be copied and pasted, and it is different compared to MML. It is just that I cannot figure out the right number to put after the note. Changing the tempo completely causes a train wreck. In the Midi, Channel 10 is the drums+hi-hat, and I moved it to MML.
Here is Channel #6 (Drums) in the MML at tempo 51:

Code
$E5 $A6 $13|$ED $7E $E0|$E8 $10 $B8|o2b16^32o3r8
$E5 $A7 $0D|$ED $7F $E0|$E8 $10 $B8|e16^32
$E5 $A6 $13|$ED $7E $E0|$E8 $10 $B8|r8o2b8b16^32o3
$E5 $A7 $0D|$ED $7F $E0|$E8 $10 $B8|e8
$E5 $A6 $13|$ED $7E $E0|$E8 $10 $B8|r8o2b16^32o3r8
$E5 $A7 $0D|$ED $7F $E0|$E8 $10 $B8|e8
$E5 $A6 $13|$ED $7E $E0|$E8 $10 $B8|r16^32o2b8b8o3
$E5 $A7 $0D|$ED $7F $E0|$E8 $10 $B8|e16^32
$E5 $A6 $13|$ED $7E $E0|$E8 $10 $B8|r8o2b8o3r16^32
$E5 $A7 $0D|$ED $7F $E0|$E8 $10 $B8|e8
$E5 $A6 $13|$ED $7E $E0|$E8 $10 $B8|r8


It completely ignores the hi-hat.
The hi-hat (Channel 7) is difficult because it has to match the beat.

--------------------
What-A-Blast has been cancelled...
**Layout by Erik557


Well, since I am doing a sound track, I decided to go in order of chronology. Here, I am two NEW songs lately:

-(null)
-(null)

--------------------
What-A-Blast has been cancelled...
**Layout by Erik557


I want to hone my sampling skills in Addmusic, so I am doing something short aside the soundtrack. I am re-sampling songs from the music that have no samples. It is just practice and these songs will NOT be submitted. I am seeing if I can properly insert the correct instruments and make it sound is all. Please comment on the SPCs I shall put soon for it, if to you pleases. Thank you.

EDIT: 5 SPC PRACTICE SONGS uploaded

--------------------
What-A-Blast has been cancelled...
**Layout by Erik557


Pages: « 1 2 »
Forum Index - SMW Hacking - SMW Hacking Help - Custom Music - (Ruberjig's Thread) NULL

The purpose of this site is not to distribute copyrighted material, but to honor one of our favourite games.

Copyright © 2005 - 2020 - SMW Central
Legal Information - Privacy Policy - Link To Us


Menu

Follow Us On

  • YouTube
  • Twitch
  • Twitter

Affiliates

  • Super Mario Bros. X Community
  • ROMhacking.net
  • Mario Fan Games Galaxy