Banner
The Old-School Level Design Contest ends in
14 DAYS, 1 HOUR, 11 MINUTES AND 11 SECONDS
Views: 891,521,643
Time:
19 users online: Aerithos, AppleBoy54321, Black Goku, BlueToad, CalHal, Dark Prince, DieKleineOrange, Dispace, Evil_Abed, Gabriel BR, Gman25, Gurjinter, Infinity, iTom33.ro,  JamesD28, Mr. MS, qantuum, SAMYR DUTRA ARAUJO, xamexer - Guests: 60 - Bots: 79 Users: 50,015 (2,326 active)
Latest: NintendBoxStation364
Tip: Be conservative with item usage. Unnecessary throw blocks/powerups/Yoshi may leave room for unintended breaks in your level.
Not logged in.
Japanese Sprites, Music, You own?
Forum Index - SMW Hacking - SMW Hacking Discussion - Japanese Sprites, Music, You own?
Pages: « 1 2 » Link
Before people start saying, No linking Japanese stuff. Which means that we should only discuss about rare resources you own, I own the entire VIP 5 resource pack, All of SMW Yeah!!'s sprites (Except the Luigi Boss, Dry Bones Boss and the No-Yoshi level entry sprite, Both of the STARWS sprite packs, Some of the Mario LD bosses, (The Bowser boss)+200 Japanese ports, and 2 Extremely Rare sprite packs with a lot of J. Sprites. So what resources have you found outside SMWC?
Hmm, I have the STARSW and SMW-Yeah.
That aside, I think it's better to say "have" instead of "own". After all, you don't own them ^^.
Also, from what I know, linking them is fine. We're just not allowed to host them. If you give out the original DL link, from the creator's site or something, i think it's fine.
That is to say, if there is an "original" download. Maybe the creator really doesn't want his sprites to be spread and they landed in the internet some other way...

U guess, you're right. Best solution, just not posting them at all ^^

--------------------
Anime statistic on MyAnimeList:
400 animes completed ✓
6000 episodes completed ✓
100 Days completed ✓
... what even am I doing with my life?
I have some music and sprites but not really much. Also I found STARSW on Super Mario World Central #ab{:P} (in someone's files though there was STARSW and it was even posted in a thread that no staff member ever removed so...).
Originally posted by Everest
I have some music and sprites but not really much. Also I found STARSW on Super Mario World Central #ab{:P} (in someone's files though there was STARSW and it was even posted in a thread that no staff member ever removed so...).


You mean here?
Originally posted by Akireyano
You mean here?

Yes, I still have the file I downloaded a few years ago and I have not messed with it since.
I still don't see what's the big deal with the Japanese stuff. Sure, it was amazing for their year, but now, they are nothing better than what most non-Japanese people are able to do. Look for example at RednGreen, Torchkas and Lui for music, their ports are many times better than most of Japanese guys, even better than Dominator. For sprites, not many knows him, but anonimzwx is a damn talented spriter, with lots of creativity and will to finish everything he proposes himself, and without a doubt, he will become better than the VIPPER team and Carol themselves, but of course, it will take time.

... as for the topic itself. I have a bunch of custom music (not only the five packs that everyone knows about), Carol's sprites, VIP5's sprites, some unknown generators, blocks and sprites (including bosses, I guess?) from a hack I haven't played, even a few graphics like the golden font Akireyano used for his Nintendo Presents screen and a couple of KDL3 rips.

Not that I use them though, I generally just have them to mess around when bored. I prefer using either my own stuff, or from the community.
Originally posted by Masterlink
I still don't see what's the big deal with the Japanese stuff. Sure, it was amazing for their year, but now, they are nothing better than what most non-Japanese people are able to do. Look for example at RednGreen, Torchkas and Lui for music, their ports are many times better than most of Japanese guys, even better than Dominator. For sprites, not many knows him, but anonimzwx is a damn talented spriter, with lots of creativity and will to finish everything he proposes himself, and without a doubt, he will become better than the VIPPER team and Carol themselves, but of course, it will take time.

... as for the topic itself. I have a bunch of custom music (not only the five packs that everyone knows about), Carol's sprites, VIP5's sprites, some unknown generators, blocks and sprites (including bosses, I guess?) from a hack I haven't played, even a few graphics like the golden font Akireyano used for his Nintendo Presents screen and a couple of KDL3 rips.

Not that I use them though, I generally just have them to mess around when bored. I prefer using either my own stuff, or from the community.


This sprite that he created made me like his sprites more than Japanese sprites.
I totally agree that anoniz is a totally talented person.

Edit: I confused anonimato's name with anonimz' name, LOL.
He isn't anonimato though; their names are similar, but they're completely different guys :P
In one of my IRC chats, me and the OP were talking about this very thing, about some of these rare sprites that could be useful in Kaizo hacks, so I also have the VIP 5 resource pack and SMW Yeah sprites. The catch is, if I inserted them into my ROM, there would have to be some sort of trial and error involved.
I don't think I have any of the other Japanese stuff Akireyano also has.

--------------------
Legacy custom music


How am I so creative? I think taking walks might have something to do with it.
Every single level I will ever make in SMM2 will be easier than Ultra Necrozma.
I own no Japanese resources. I do; however, have a few packs such as the SMWYeah, Brutal Mario and VIP5 package, some awesome music for its time, and a few bosses which I will never use, including Julius and Tanissen. The only thing I really use most are the elite Koopas in the final worlds (with some build up of course) and the music. Everything else is practically useless or already on the central.

--------------------
Your layout has been removed.
Originally posted by metalgearhunter
Julius and Tanissen.


Those sprites are literally impossible and always will be to use since it both of them require some special patches and LevelASM codes.
Originally posted by Akireyano
Originally posted by metalgearhunter
Julius and Tanissen.


Those sprites are literally impossible and always will be to use since it both of them require some special patches and LevelASM codes.

I don't like to use other boss sprites simply because they were already used. No point in it. #w{=P}

--------------------
Your layout has been removed.
I have Super Bomberman 2 - Stage 5 port. I think that's Japanese...
I remember finding a bunch of Japanese ports and some sprites, including a few from SMW YEAH. Don't own any, though, and I can't use the ports anymore since they all break with the newer Addmusic versions and newer emulators, and I'm too lazy to try and fix them.

Also, I'll take this opportunity to ask: I attempted to figure out the Koopa/Parakoopa Elite sprites from SMW YEAH, but they tended to glitch up after killing them. I even tried inserting them one after another (i.e. 00 parakoopa.cfg, then 01 koopa.cfg); are they supposed to be inserted in certain sprite numbers, or what?
Layout by Mirann <3
Originally posted by ZMann
Also, I'll take this opportunity to ask: I attempted to figure out the Koopa/Parakoopa Elite sprites from SMW YEAH, but they tended to glitch up after killing them. I even tried inserting them one after another (i.e. 00 parakoopa.cfg, then 01 koopa.cfg); are they supposed to be inserted in certain sprite numbers, or what?


This is how you are supposed to insert them:

Code
37 nokonokog2.cfg
38 nokonokor2.cfg
39 nokonokob2.cfg
3D nokonokoy2.cfg
40 pirates_karon.cfg
47 pirates_karon_tb.cfg
48 pirates_karon_cb.cfg
49 canonball.cfg
51 patapatag2.cfg
52 patapatar2.cfg
60 patapatab2.cfg
65 patapatay2.cfg
67 hdorapon.cfg
6F deresa.cfg


Also, patapata = elite paratroopa. B at the end means blue, Y means Yellow, R means Red and G means green.

nokonoko = Koopa Elite. Same naming scheme as the paratroopas.

pirates_karon = Dry Bones pirate. Normal one is just a normal pirate, but the extra bit makes it just a pile of bones as decoration. Version B shoots the cannon (don't think the graphics work), and version C throws bones in an arc.

hdorapon = Killer fast Rex.

Deresa = Fast crazy Boo

Cannonball = cannonball

ExGFX A4 = Dry Bones pirates. Use SP3

ExGFX A5 = Not sure, meant to be part of AllGFX.bin. Maybe Koopa Elite death frame?

ExGFXA6 = Crazy fast Boo and cave enemies.

ExGFXB1 = Paratroopa Elite graphics. Use with SP4. Can be used alongside normal Koopa Elite graphics in SP3 for evil levels.

ExGFXB5 = SP4, has Killer Rex graphics

ExGFXC0 = Crazy Boos and ghost house enemies.

ExGFXA3 = Koopa Elite graphics, use in SP3

Test = an example sprites list with all graphics above listed.

Bluenoko block = A custom block. Has something to do with blue Koopas.

Read me = text file saying you can use them for whatever. Says the author forgot how they work. Something about a ship.
No... The Parakoopa elites can be inserted as whatever and so can the regular koopa elites. You just gotta change what custom sprite number they change into in the file.

--------------------
Your layout has been removed.
I have downloaded some Japanese soundtracks, but some music is not work on snes9x when I use Addmusic 4.05...
All I have is the STARSW thing, and the Koopa Elite sprites.
Well, now I have TONS of Japanese SMW ports, I think have over 90+ ports. I now have Carol's data.zip, the SMW Yeah sprites, and the STARSW sprites. PM me if you want any of these. :3
A nearly 3 year bump but i pretty much a goldmine of these, featuring music, asm, graphics, hacks and even blocks. Whats sad about the music is that most of these sound really good (especially the sampled ones) but they are from an older version of Addmusic which featured .brr samples. 4.05 i believe. I also got a bunch of unsampled ones, that don't need much work to be compatible with accurate emulators. Well, some of them have weird issues trying to insert them with AddmusicK. One of the many UN Owen was Her versions for example, goes a bit choppy 1/3th through the song.

I don't mind much if this thread could get closed or not, considering there is a Japanese hacks discussion thread on the site already.

shhh

--------------------
Pages: « 1 2 » Link
Forum Index - SMW Hacking - SMW Hacking Discussion - Japanese Sprites, Music, You own?

The purpose of this site is not to distribute copyrighted material, but to honor one of our favourite games.

Copyright © 2005 - 2021 - SMW Central
Legal Information - Privacy Policy - Link To Us


Menu

Follow Us On

  • YouTube
  • Twitch
  • Twitter

Affiliates

  • Super Mario Bros. X Community
  • ROMhacking.net
  • Mario Fan Games Galaxy
  • sm64romhacks