- Every theme listed in this thread must be present in your hack.
- The themes don't need to appear in the same order as listed in this thread.
- You can use various themes in one level, but you must use different sublevels for each one.
- Each level (or area, if you are using various themes in one level) must be between 8 and F screens long. You can use various sublevels for one theme as long as you don't go above the screen limit. I suggest you make them short so you have time to finish everything before the deadline.
- You are allowed to use any resources hosted in the site for your levels.
- You are allowed to team up with one person (no more) to make your submission.
- Submission shall be posted here between December 25th 00:00 CST and January 13th 23:59 CST. You can however, post IPS patches of what you have in the discussion thread before the submission period to ask for feedback.
The hacks will be judged based on level design and usage of the themes; the method for judging will be the same one as in the previous contests (each hack will be given a rating ranging from 1 to 5 and the judges will reunite to decide the top 3 winners). You can edit the overworld and the title screen; however, they won't affect your results. For the overworld, I suggest, you take the special world submap and add some level tiles so you don't spend much time on that.
List of themes:
December 13th: Grassland
December 14th: A cave with water
December 15th: Outdoors with lava
December 16th: Sky level at night
December 17th: A city
December 18th: Outer space
December 19th: A stormy graveyard
December 20th: A level based on one of the NES SMB games
December 21st: A dimensional vortex/Alternate dimension
December 22nd: Gold mine
December 23rd: Choose two of the following themes and combine them into one area: desert, factory, sea, forest and beach.
December 24th: Castle with an cold-themed Gimmick.