Banner
Views: 843,861,219
Time:
32 users online: AmperSam,  Anorakun, BOB66, chickaDEE Magazine, Connnnair, DPBOX, Eminus, Fabiola3188, Fermín Acosta Jr., h.carrell, IronFoxGaming, IsaiahCannell, JORGIRI, koine, Kusrry, le4che, LeaderAngelo, luckycharmslol, NewPointless, nF_Kick-Ass, Nint, Noob, Sarah Michelle Costa, Sonck's entertainment, SuperHack64, supermargot,  Tahixham, TheMorganah, Thiago678, tjb0607, Veck, yoshisworld233 - Guests: 75 - Bots: 83 Users: 46,380 (2,813 active)
Latest: luckycharmslol
Tip: If you place too many sprites on the same screen, it will slow the game down and cause frustration to the player.Not logged in.
Thrill & Skills Part 1: The Easy, the Hard and the Mario (2000 years later...)
Forum Index - SMW Hacking - Works in Progress - Kaizo Hacks - Thrill & Skills Part 1: The Easy, the Hard and the Mario (2000 years later...)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »
More screenshots from stage 2:


Mushroom transporting.


Hmmm...


Beginning of an autoscroll part. You can't jump in this part.


How to pass this? (Still autoscroll in this part).


Hit the white block or get OMNOMNOM!


Have fun with scrolling pipes and baseball! (You can't jump in this part, too)


Some shell action. Yellow net is passable while holding item, unpassable otherwise.


Passing a volcano lotus, and the midway point.


Anyway, the second half of the third level is now the second half of this level (since I think it would fit the atmosphere of this level better than the third one). I'll make a new second half for the third level.
Looks good, especially that with scrolling pipes and baseball looks very cool.

--------------------

I like how this level is turning out so far, so keep the good work up.

Might be just me, but don't you think that abusing the fact that you'll spawn at a different spot after collecting the midpoint is getting a bit tiresome? Not that you can't do that, but there are limitations as to what situations it should be taken advantage of.
Originally posted by Superwario1999



Oh hey, its been awhile since this hack has been updated. Sweet!

The level looks really nice so far, although I have two little nitpicks. One, while I love the song you chose, it doesn't seem very fitting for plain ol' castle stage. I'd recommend using Electric Talk from Seiken Densetsu 3 instead. And two, the level name. I know you named it after the song, but it doesn't seem like a very fitting name.

You can disregard my nitpicks if you'd like, its your hack after all. Besides, its not done yet, so the music may fit better than I think it does right now.

Keep up the good work dude!
Originally posted by Superwario1999


This looks really great, but very puzzly. It almost reminds me of those puzzle hacks Opossum made a whole ago (that's a good thing, those hacks are amazing). I don't really understand the point of the spotlight though.
Thrill & Skill - Level 3: Cave of Disaster

Adrenaline Rush 2 will be level 2 now. Also, I'll make a new second half for this level.
I sense a bunch of Abuse and Die series inspiration.

--------------------
Legacy custom music


How am I so creative? I think taking walks might have something to do with it.
Every single level I will ever make in SMM2 will be easier than Ultra Necrozma.
Originally posted by Sokobansolver
I sense a bunch of Abuse and Die series inspiration.


Personally I saw A&D inspiration written all over stage 4, not so much with stage 3.

This level was pretty sweet, I like how you recycled stuff from Thrill and Skill 2. Also, that pipe gimmick is genius. Totally stealing that
Jugglenaut 2? No, it's just something that will probably in the final level.

Also, how to make the room that Mario act like he's on land, but sprite act like they're underwater (Like the second room in Mario's Castle from Nadafinga)?
Quote
Kaizoman666 did some research, and found out that, for this to happen, the following criteria must be met:
- Sprite buoyancy has to be on (does not matter which).
- Level mode must have layer 2 with interaction.
- Horizontal layer 2 scrolling must be set to "none".
It also only works if mario enters the level from a different level:
- Horizontal layer 2 scrolling in the previous room must be set to anything but "none"
- Screen number of door in previous room must be 04 or more.
- Previous room must be horizontal.

Also, it turns out that the earlier in the previous level you enter the door, the shorter the glitched level can be
It seems that you can have no more than half the screen number the door in the previous room is on.
screen 04's limit is screen 02, while screen 1F's limit is 0E.


There you go.

Also, what even was that? I'm a little confused #w{=3}. Also the music seems a little unfitting.
Originally posted by Undertaker
Quote
Kaizoman666 did some research, and found out that, for this to happen, the following criteria must be met:
- Sprite buoyancy has to be on (does not matter which).
- Level mode must have layer 2 with interaction.
- Horizontal layer 2 scrolling must be set to "none".
It also only works if mario enters the level from a different level:
- Horizontal layer 2 scrolling in the previous room must be set to anything but "none"
- Screen number of door in previous room must be 04 or more.
- Previous room must be horizontal.

Also, it turns out that the earlier in the previous level you enter the door, the shorter the glitched level can be
It seems that you can have no more than half the screen number the door in the previous room is on.
screen 04's limit is screen 02, while screen 1F's limit is 0E.


There you go.

Also, what even was that? I'm a little confused #w{=3}. Also the music seems a little unfitting.


Thanks for the instruction.
I used the glitch that makes Mario bounce up if he grabs a power-up that changes his state and die at the same time.
Level 6: House of Weirdness (Preview)

I really wanted to use this song for this level, but I don't know if someone can port this song unsampled without a MIDI...
Can I steal the POW fish thing? That is so cool!

Also great preview in general.


Hello everyone.

After nearly two years without a progress on this hack, I finally get back to this hack.

Here's a screenshot of stage 6.



And a screenshot (probably for final stage)

Oh snap, I was wondering what happened to you. Are you supposed to use Yoshi to grab the p-switch in the first screenshot?
Originally posted by Darkbloom
Oh snap, I was wondering what happened to you. Are you supposed to use Yoshi to grab the p-switch in the first screenshot?

I'm pretty sure not unless you want to get stuck due to that turn block you need to shatter (although placing a block next to it would be nice to prevent a break).
Probably the final set of screenshot before the video.


A chamber with Yoshi Coin.


You can't jump here.




Dodgin' like a boss.


The boss fight. There's a line of springboard on the top. There's a red block in the gap on the right, but it's invisible for some reason...
Oh boy another 2 years of hiatus...

So apparently, I've upgraded Lunar Magic to the latest version (3.11) and edit a few part of the level. However, for some reason, the gliched buoyancy trick (as in this video) no longer work. Guess that I'll have to replace this room with something else...
Originally posted by SuperMarisa1999
However, for some reason, the gliched buoyancy trick (as in this video) no longer work.

Is this what you want?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »
Forum Index - SMW Hacking - Works in Progress - Kaizo Hacks - Thrill & Skills Part 1: The Easy, the Hard and the Mario (2000 years later...)

The purpose of this site is not to distribute copyrighted material, but to honor one of our favourite games.

Copyright © 2005 - 2020 - SMW Central
Legal Information - Privacy Policy - Link To Us


Menu

Follow Us On

  • YouTube
  • Twitch
  • Twitter

Affiliates

  • Super Mario Bros. X Community
  • ROMhacking.net
  • Mario Fan Games Galaxy