Banner
Views: 852,998,920
Time:
22 users online: Aeon, Andreuiito, autisticsceptile1993, brickblock369, CalHal, codfish1002, dacin, DeppySlide, Drakel, Eduard, IceFreaki,  KevinM,  Koopster, lion, MirrorReflect, Murphmario, RollingRigatonis,  Telinc1, TheBiob, Wariuzzo, WesleyeLaisy, Zidan3 - Guests: 54 - Bots: 43 Users: 47,042 (2,523 active)
Latest: tenorio
Tip: Bad things to do in the title demo: Enter a door or a pipe, activate a P-switch or a star, complete the level, hit a message block, or die. These will either glitch the music, or force the player into an endlessly looping title level until they reset the game.Not logged in.
Choco COLLAB - MaSeHiHa 2 -- Contest Version available for download!
Forum Index - SMW Hacking - Works in Progress - Choco COLLAB - MaSeHiHa 2 -- Contest Version available for download!
Pages: « 1 2 »
Welcome to my new Hack project, which is... well a submission to the "12 days before christmas" Contest, that is currently going on here on SMWCentral.net! Although I don´t think I´ll be able to complete all of the 12 levels before the deadline in a few days (as well as I´ve got a big problem with the custom music at the moment), I´d still like to complete and release this Hack. Here is where I´ll post updates from time to time, so stay tuned!

obligatory storyline: Still not having found his hat Mario is travelling around and finally arrives at a strange looking island, where he keeps on searching.

Screenshots:



Contest Version download:

http://bin.smwcentral.net/u/20871/12LevelContestNeidave.ips

feedback is highly appreciated!

--------------------
C3 stuff: http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=viewthread&t=67626 HDMA-Codes and Custom Music included!

1 Island Of Vanilla Feeling: http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=section&a=details&id=5988

MaSeHiHa World 1: http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=section&a=details&id=6055

currently working on: http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=viewthread&t=78239

this looks amazing so far, Neidave! i really like the hdma you inserted into the hack and i really like your palettes; overworld and in-level.

last screenshot looks bland (guessing this is your current preview level) and mario's hair blends with the background. other than that, can't wait to see more! #smw{:peace:}

--------------------
Currently: Starting college!
Originally posted by mario and luigi
this looks amazing so far, Neidave! i really like the hdma you inserted into the hack and i really like your palettes; overworld and in-level.

last screenshot looks bland (guessing this is your current preview level) and mario's hair blends with the background. other than that, can't wait to see more! #smw{:peace:}


Thank you very much! Yeah the last Screenshot actually shows the levels setup only - without any Leveldesign yet. And about the hair... When Mario moves, it shouldn't be too much of a real problem! #w{=D}

--------------------
C3 stuff: http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=viewthread&t=67626 HDMA-Codes and Custom Music included!

1 Island Of Vanilla Feeling: http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=section&a=details&id=5988

MaSeHiHa World 1: http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=section&a=details&id=6055

currently working on: http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=viewthread&t=78239

Although I have commented on these screenshots before in the actual thread, they still seem quite good. All of them seems like an average level which is fine in itself but I would like to see some twists along the way. There is absolutely no way of giving my full impression on this hack until I have played it so good luck designing the rest of the hack #ab{:)}.
Originally posted by Everest
Although I have commented on these screenshots before in the actual thread, they still seem quite good. All of them seems like an average level which is fine in itself but I would like to see some twists along the way. There is absolutely no way of giving my full impression on this hack until I have played it so good luck designing the rest of the hack #ab{:)}.


Thank you! Well an important aspect regarding the atmosphere is the use of custom music, which makes my Rom crash at the moment no matter which tool is used, but I could still give out a demo, as the leveldesign obviously is the most important part of any Hack...

--------------------
C3 stuff: http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=viewthread&t=67626 HDMA-Codes and Custom Music included!

1 Island Of Vanilla Feeling: http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=section&a=details&id=5988

MaSeHiHa World 1: http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=section&a=details&id=6055

currently working on: http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=viewthread&t=78239



MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

NO I WON'T

YES I WILL

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

EDIT:



Please. No lava -> water recolouring. Anyways, hack looks nice so far :3 Keep it up ^^
Originally posted by mrdeppelman


MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

NO I WON'T

YES I WILL

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA


Thank you! #ab{:D} #ab{:D}

Well I´ve got a little update on my space level to show:



I hope you like it, because deppel really took a lot of his time just to let me post this! #w{=P}

--------------------
C3 stuff: http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=viewthread&t=67626 HDMA-Codes and Custom Music included!

1 Island Of Vanilla Feeling: http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=section&a=details&id=5988

MaSeHiHa World 1: http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=section&a=details&id=6055

currently working on: http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=viewthread&t=78239

"different dimension":



If that´s even okay for the Contest... #w{=P}

--------------------
C3 stuff: http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=viewthread&t=67626 HDMA-Codes and Custom Music included!

1 Island Of Vanilla Feeling: http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=section&a=details&id=5988

MaSeHiHa World 1: http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=section&a=details&id=6055

currently working on: http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=viewthread&t=78239

with hdma inserted into this level, it really does give it a 'different dimension' feeling! however, i think the green could be just a little darker.

also, i just noticed that the title screen looks bland/unedited. you should try editing it as well.

everything else looks nice though; i can't wait for this to finish! #smw{^_^;}

--------------------
Currently: Starting college!
Originally posted by mario and luigi
with hdma inserted into this level, it really does give it a 'different dimension' feeling! however, i think the green could be just a little darker.

also, i just noticed that the title screen looks bland/unedited. you should try editing it as well.

everything else looks nice though; i can't wait for this to finish! #smw{^_^;}


The Title Screen is something I always plan to change of course! I just decided to post it here as well because of the already inserted game-title there.

I´m quite glad you like it! #w{=D}

--------------------
C3 stuff: http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=viewthread&t=67626 HDMA-Codes and Custom Music included!

1 Island Of Vanilla Feeling: http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=section&a=details&id=5988

MaSeHiHa World 1: http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=section&a=details&id=6055

currently working on: http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=viewthread&t=78239




Originally posted by Neidave




Everything what a good level needs! (floating water and a strange enemy)
Originally posted by Neidave



I hope you use the Trololol you made :P
Keep up the work and don't quit it!







Originally posted by Neidave
"different dimension":

*Image*

Interesting idea with the palettes and types of elements (including sprite replacements) however you must be very careful when making these types of levels as it is easy to go off-track and mess everything up. Keeping the player's interest is also important in these types of levels.
Originally posted by Superkingyoshi

I hope you use the Trololol you made :P


Of course I will implement that music! #w{=P}


Originally posted by Superkingyoshi

Everything what a good level needs! (floating water and a strange enemy)


Truly two of the most important aspects to take care of while designing a Hack... #w{=D}


Originally posted by Everest
Originally posted by Neidave
"different dimension":

*Image*

Interesting idea with the palettes and types of elements (including sprite replacements) however you must be very careful when making these types of levels as it is easy to go off-track and mess everything up. Keeping the player's interest is also important in these types of levels.


I had problems with that level-theme as well and would probably have never made a level outside this contest, but I´ll do my best! #w{=)}

--------------------
C3 stuff: http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=viewthread&t=67626 HDMA-Codes and Custom Music included!

1 Island Of Vanilla Feeling: http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=section&a=details&id=5988

MaSeHiHa World 1: http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=section&a=details&id=6055

currently working on: http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=viewthread&t=78239

throwback-level:



--------------------
C3 stuff: http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=viewthread&t=67626 HDMA-Codes and Custom Music included!

1 Island Of Vanilla Feeling: http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=section&a=details&id=5988

MaSeHiHa World 1: http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=section&a=details&id=6055

currently working on: http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=viewthread&t=78239

Not to bash you or anything, but I really do not like the outline of that pipe. Where are you getting those graphics from? Are there any actual 32x32 tiles you can use, or at least smoothen out??? Because that is really REALLY throwing off a lot of the look of the level.

Also, you might want to consider giving black outlines to the sprites, because they look out of place with the foreground and stuff. Just my two cents. (But something seriously needs to be done about the pipe)
Originally posted by S.C.O.R.P.I.O.N.
Not to bash you or anything, but I really do not like the outline of that pipe. Where are you getting those graphics from? Are there any actual 32x32 tiles you can use, or at least smoothen out??? Because that is really REALLY throwing off a lot of the look of the level.

Also, you might want to consider giving black outlines to the sprites, because they look out of place with the foreground and stuff. Just my two cents. (But something seriously needs to be done about the pipe)


Thank you for the hints!

Update:



--------------------
C3 stuff: http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=viewthread&t=67626 HDMA-Codes and Custom Music included!

1 Island Of Vanilla Feeling: http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=section&a=details&id=5988

MaSeHiHa World 1: http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=section&a=details&id=6055

currently working on: http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=viewthread&t=78239

wow, smb3 foreground and background always looks pleasant! not too much to say since it's only one screenshot, but keep going! i'm liking your hack so far! #smw{^_^}

--------------------
Currently: Starting college!
Hmm,very cool graphic design.Can't wait.


Also,Happy New Year!
Originally posted by Lithuanian Dude
Hmm,very cool graphic design.Can't wait.


Also,Happy New Year!


Glad you like it! And no - I´ve still got an hour left before 2014... #w{=P}

--------------------
C3 stuff: http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=viewthread&t=67626 HDMA-Codes and Custom Music included!

1 Island Of Vanilla Feeling: http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=section&a=details&id=5988

MaSeHiHa World 1: http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=section&a=details&id=6055

currently working on: http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=viewthread&t=78239


Your hack looks very nice, but you really should improve youe hack a bit after the deadline, even if it's already finished. Look for some details after submission. You also should fix the ugly springboard in the 5th screenshot, if you don't already have. Look at these mega-pixels! :O
Your level design looks very good too. Keep on like this, and I'll have no chance ^^
EDIT: Happy New Year, of course!
Bottom Text


Pages: « 1 2 »
Forum Index - SMW Hacking - Works in Progress - Choco COLLAB - MaSeHiHa 2 -- Contest Version available for download!

The purpose of this site is not to distribute copyrighted material, but to honor one of our favourite games.

Copyright © 2005 - 2020 - SMW Central
Legal Information - Privacy Policy - Link To Us


Menu

Follow Us On

  • YouTube
  • Twitch
  • Twitter

Affiliates

  • Super Mario Bros. X Community
  • ROMhacking.net
  • Mario Fan Games Galaxy