(Note: I have permission from Aeon to submit this.)
This was a level I made on my spare time a few months ago, entitled "Skyward Platformer." The first half is autoscroll, while the other half is more of a vertical-type.
I'm submitting this level because I had previously submitted an incomplete level here on this subforum, and I want to replace it with this level.
The way the level has been designed has two stars.
Here are some things that you should note:
1. Any of the sizables seen (green, blue, and red) are movable layers. They are triggered by an axe (which I've made invisible).
2. (for those testing the level, this is how to get the extra star)
There is a P-Switch that's hidden near the end of the first section. You obtain it by jumping on the right side of the last block when the autoscroll stops. To access the higher level pipe, you need to hit a hidden note block which lies above the second/middle block in the same area where the P-Switch was obtained.
• The normal SMB3 exit is now replaced by a SMB3 star.
• The secret exit (key/keyhole) is now replaced by a SMW (collectible) star.
• Slight modifications with graphics.
• Changed the "Moving Platform" to a series of blocks cleared by a switch (in order to obtain the 1UP mushroom.
• Minor toning down of enemies.
• Small changes in level design.
• Edited placement of first red pipe, avoiding death if the player enters the pipe early.
Credit goes to the SMBX GFX Pack and especially Squishy Rex for his Super Mario 3D Land Sky Tileset.
Updated screenshots below. Hope you enjoy!
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ydxedam2qgqa9tg/Skyward+Platformer+-+Version+1.2.rar