Mario & La Sphère de Toad 2 [Demo 2] v0.6
Length: 26 exit(s)
Description: "Bowser has stolen the magic of the Sphere Hurry up before it reduces the world into chaos."
Download Link: IPS
Levels have no immediate fatal faults that warrant automatic removal - like submitted ROM, bad ROM, exits to Level 0, etc. Levels play fine from beginning to end (including secondary entrances and exits). Graphics are fair for the most part, a lot of it is adequate nothing that displays glitches or is outstanding for the most part. Music is fine for the most part, nothing strange or out of the ordinary.
- Extra Night: Nothing.
- Dark Forest: Be careful with the number of enemies that are present in this level in the same screen. These can cause massive slowdown. Key is a little bit too low in terms of height -- can be reached from below.
- Black Rain: See Dark Forest, too much slowdown.
- Sunrise To The Sea: Nothing.
- Castle 1: Mainly there's way too many jumps that are BMD (Big Mario Discrimination). See Photo below. Also the whole level AD feels anti-climatic and boring for the most part since the screen moves very slowly and it's almost impossible to get hurt unless you accidentally run into a spike. Too many power-ups before the boss.
- Grassland Plains: Again too many sprites in certain areas that just cause overload and slowdown.
- Desert Plains: Green Patooie Plant is not located well. Getting the 3 turtle shells into the Plant is difficult because they are located such that screen has to be moved. Unless you have a Cape which kills it automatically or just take a hit which will make this a lot easier. Also too much slowdown again with the turtles.
- Epic Platform: Color schemes are a little bit bad (cutoff ropes + colors of trees/platforms/pipes). "!" Blocks can be maneuvered around if you have a Cape.
- Grassland Plains 2: Nothing.
- Koopa Beach: No Power-Ups at all in this level. Pretty much all Koopas for the most part and nothing else.
- Castle #2: Cutoff with the lightning against the bricks. Also this annoying jump (Photo below) that has BMD. Chains of the Ball and Chains sometimes can be walked through while others cannot. Kirby Boss (not related to the hack) seems to be spammable to being attacked and also goes above the ground.
- Snow Hills: Too many Koopas in one area (Screen A).
- Frozen Cave: Again too many enemies in the same area (Screen D).
- Fast And Slippery: Nothing.
- Castle #3: Spike Pillars are too hard to see and tell because they are behind the FG and are colored the same thing. Boss area seems a little too small and too easy to get hit especially with Thwomp going at max speed.
- Lake Poisoned #1 (Change to Poison/Poisoned Lake): Nothing.
- Pipe Bazaar: These kinds of problems irk me like the BMD.
- STAR ROAD (Change Please): Nothing, except needs a name change.
- Castle #4: Add a Side Exit to exit this level.
- Green Switch: Nothing, but it doesn't seem to appear at all in this game.
- Blue Switch: Nothing, but it also doesn't seem to appear at all either just like the Green Switch.
For the most part, this is a decent start. However there are things that do need some more work. For me, denied at the moment but leaving open for review.