what are your plans for super mario world hacking in the future: want to start a new hack that is much different than all your other hacks that you've worked on before, want to experiment a bit with super mario world's asm, etcetera? for me, i'm mostly planning on working on a full-blown chocolate hack with custom everything, and maybe do a few touches on learning basic asm.
Develop my musical skills and learn ASM so I can be more independent and original on the next chapter of my hack series. I also plan to help/participate more in collabs, and start writing reviews regularly once I get chapter 1 finished. I've been interested in drawing GFX for SMWCP 1.5 and help with the ExGFX remoderation as well, but the contests and my awfully slow progress on chapter 1 keep me busy (concerning SMW hacking activity).
But I wanna make a bigger hack once all my other projects are finished. I also plan on trying o make some good overworld rips like in that brutal mario fan demo (which is the object of my hacking fantasy)
-Finish and submit Luigi's Challenge and Nadafinga.
-Release MMD2. Every level may be finished but there are still some aspects that are a mess. Lazy.
-Thought of making a reworked version of Super Mario FML where I attempt to bring it to my current standards without totally changing the level design.
-Make a (possibly) ColonThree-inspired hard-type Kaizo that will likely be my final Kaizo SMW hack. I've at least started and is in planning stages cuz I don't wanna rush.
-Related to the above, experiment more with Blockreator, mainly for things to be arranged ad hoc.
-Probably something else that either I'm not thinking of or don't feel like discussing
Also, I don't think I will go through with The Sokobanthology. It might sound cool but it feels like too much work for something that exists solely to be one of the longest Kaizo hacks ever and doesn't really offer anything new. If you don't know what that is, it was going to be a giant hack that would include every single level from FML, MMD, MMD2, Hertz Donut, and Nadafinga.
- Finish and submit Facedesk (not sure about it anymore, since I found fairly intricate design to be tiring after a while);
- Make an easier Kaizo hack that is different from other hacks I've made so far, and submit it when I'm done;
- Probably rework a bit on World of Insane to avoid conflicting Map16 tiles and levels which I rushed a lot to make and, in result, left them untested. For those who don't know, it was a hack I made back in 2009 when I was a newbie in the Kaizo community. Vids are here and here.
I don't know really. SMW was the first program I ever used to make a custom game. I'm lurking in the Udk editor now, but might still return for another hack just for the heck of it. I really don't know though...
Besides finishing Mario & Luigi: Kola Kingdom Quest and SMW: Bowser's Cataclysmic Trap, I'm planning to:
* Learn more ASM. I don't want to have to have to make requests for ANY sort of resource anymore.
* Collaborate with imamelia on a hack. Our combined skills could probably create something really nice. He's a great ASMer, but claims to lack GFX skills, while I'm a GFX artist who doesn't know much ASM. Both of us can port music and design levels.
* Reboot Mecha-Bowser's Revenge. I'll probably do this after I learn enough ASM to code custom sprites since the reason MBR got canceled is because I didn't have all the bosses I needed and couldn't count on requests.
* (Maybe) Start a YouTube series called SMW HACKademy, where I attempt to teach level design and tool usage.
-------------------- Quintesson Judge: Silence, or you will be held in contempt of this court!
Hot Rod: I have nothing but contempt for this court!
- Transformers the Movie (1986)
I would like to start a new project in the future. I did recently attempt a couple new ones, Luigi's Hack and Mario & Luigi Are Missing, but I wasn't satisfied with how they were turning out. I think a pretty likely candidate will be Hack 3, although at the moment I can't think of many other sprites/ASM to utilize for level gimmicks. For a while I've been tossing around a Mario "sitcom" series, where you'd play different Mario characters overcoming comical situations with adventure-style gameplay similar to Super Mario Underworld, but that'd be a big challenge.
I still have an itch to do something Essence Star related, either a remake of the original or a sequel, but that'd take a lot of effort and I would really want it to be a vast improvement over the first one.