Language…
14 users online: Angel Miranda, Black Goku, Dark Prince, Gmario37, goosedajuice, Luaxon, rafaelfutbal, Rammy, RichardDS90, Sambora, Skye, StackDino, UserQuake, Zandro - Guests: 153 - Bots: 130
Users: 56,998 (2,276 active)
Latest user: DocCzekaj

Two questions (Skull enemy / make thunder lakitu uneatable)

Hi, fellow ROM hacker.

I need your assistance with some minor problems.

First of all, I use these purple skull enemys in level 6-5 with a purple Yoshi of course. But these things turn the Yoshi palette into green. This is probably not possible to fix unless I don´t want these to use in other levels with none-purple yoshis, right?


Second question: Can I make Thunder Lakitu not eatable? I want to make him a bit of an harder enemy. :)
Originally posted by CargoOfDarkness
Second question: Can I make Thunder Lakitu not eatable? I want to make him a bit of an harder enemy. :)



Change offset x517EC to A0
Originally posted by doggycharly
Originally posted by CargoOfDarkness
Second question: Can I make Thunder Lakitu not eatable? I want to make him a bit of an harder enemy. :)



Change offset x517EC to A0

Aww awesome, worked! Thank you!
Another question: I am editing the Super Koopa Boss and made a row of spikes on the top. But after Kamek makes it spell it becomes invisible (means you can still die but cant see them).

Why is it that way?
Originally posted by CargoOfDarkness
Another question: I am editing the Super Koopa Boss and made a row of spikes on the top. But after Kamek makes it spell it becomes invisible (means you can still die but cant see them).


This (EDIT: not available anymore) patch(not made by me) solves the problem. Slighty edited so it won't mess the parallax scrolling for some backgrounds(at least that was happening to me...)
Nice.

Now is there a way to turn the palette Skull Enemys turn yoshi into can be changed to *-5 level yoshi (purple one)?

That would be really cool.
Originally posted by CargoOfDarkness
Hi, fellow ROM hacker.

I need your assistance with some minor problems.

First of all, I use these purple skull enemys in level 6-5 with a purple Yoshi of course. But these things turn the Yoshi palette into green. This is probably not possible to fix unless I don´t want these to use in other levels with none-purple yoshis, right?


Second question: Can I make Thunder Lakitu not eatable? I want to make him a bit of an harder enemy. :)


Making enemies uneatable! I've been wondering how to make certain generated enemies like the Lakitus and the Flutters harder but I never thought to make them un-eatable! Great idea! Also, in my experience changing screens changes the Yoshi color back but that isn't exactly a fix particularly if, like me, you like to use morphs. The first time I decided to use them were in 2-4 but in the same area I had some car morphs. Needless to say I had to remove the ghosts (Grim Leechers) since the Yoshi transformed into the same color.

(Also, small point. When using the car morph while extending your wheels, don't hit spikes or the wheels will become glitched when Yoshi changes back and dies.)