Welcome to the new request thread! Please read this post, because if you don't, you will get yourself in trouble!
Looking for the old thread to read or repost your request into this new thread? Look here!
This new thread was made to keep the requests more organized and more reasonable. As such, there are a few rules users will have to follow.
1) No private requests. If you make a request, do not tell anyone to PM you the results.
2) One request limit. Do not request several enemies or blocks at a time.
3) Include graphics if you're asking for something that's not from a sprite-based game. If you're also making up an entirely new enemy which has no graphics to match, such as a flying elephant, include them.
4) No complicated requests, like enemies with 15 behaviors or giant hitboxes.
5) No boss requests. This should fall under rule 4, but is being included for emphasis. Note that minibosses
aren't 100% included in this rule. Use your own judgment. Simple minibosses like Birdo and Mouser (which already exist so don't ask for them) are okay, but complicated minibosses may be removed.
6) No posting just to "second" someone else's request. Seconding something doesn't increase the odds of it being made. Requests will be done if they are reasonable and useful enough for other people.
7) No reposting, quoting, or bumping a request. If you or someone else makes it and it is ignored, that's it. Don't repeat a request.
8) Don't make a post just to tell another user they've broken any of the above rules. Rule-breaking posts will be deleted. Making posts of this nature just help to clutter the thread.
If you're not sure about your sprite request, stop and read it. Does it take more than a couple sentences to describe? Does it include the word "and" or "or" more than two or three times? Are your restrictions on what the sprite should be like extremely specific? If so, you should probably rethink your request.
: "I'd like a small sprite that jumps up and down in place and always faces Mario."
: "I want a 16x24 sprite that has 3 animating frames and jumps as high as Mario when he's running and always faces him except when he has a star because he'll face away and frown. He should take 7 fireballs to kill or 3 jumps or two thrown objects."
That being said, there are a few things you can do to make sure your request gets done. Try to request things that other people can make use of. Don't ask for things that only you could possibly ever want. Try to ask for things that already exist in other games, like enemies from SMB2/SMB3. Make sure your sprite has very simple behaviors and maybe only do one or two things.
For those of you who are going to ignore the rules, you should be aware that your posts may be deleted
and you may be temporarily banned
if you ignore them. This thread is going to be kept clean and clear of stupidity.
For posting a completely unreasonable request, your post will be removed. Rule breaking such as seconding requests will also be removed. I will try to send you a PM if I delete your post. If your post is deleted without a PM, another mod probably did it, so please don't ask me why it was removed!
Persistent rule breaking, or posting "wut happened 2 mi boss sprite msg??!" will result in a 24 hour ban as often as necessary.
Now that that's through, let the requests begin! Enjoy the new thread! If you have any questions, comments, or rules that need to be added, please PM me
instead of posting in this thread about it.