Well, I'm uploading a video of it at the moment, but it's insanely long. It should be done by tomorrow.
Meanwhile, other info. In ZMZ, it sounds exactly the same (except that it crackles furiously, like in Snes9x before I switched to Snes9x DirectSound, with which the crackling become somewhat bearable), and SPC dumps yield an EMPTY SPC.
Trying to describe it... it sounds like it's really far away, not there but still here, see? Like, maybe it's all bass, no treble or something. Seriously, I'm just pulling random music-related words out of my ass here, I don't know shit.
is a dump from Snes9x, that's what I'm hearing.
EDIT2: Here's a list of stuff I have on my ROM:
- Minimalist Status Bar
- A bunch of hex edits changing the tilemap and properties of various bounce sprites
- The patch to remove the turning frame of Koopas
- The patch that prevents tile 83 from appearing everywhere
- No SpriteTool or block inserter
- A few ExGFX files
- 2 edited levels
- AMK was first used before any of this
EDIT3: Just noticed, the original SPC says there is echo, but my dumped SPC says there's no echo. Maybe that's the problem?