Banner
Views: 790,358,709
Time:
14 users online:  BeeKaaaay, caiqueleo,  Deeke, Gmario37, Green Jerry, Hinalyte, MajorOperation, MaxtheFox, niko,  Pinci, RollingRigatonis, StrikeForcer, Sweetdude, Yung Gotenks - Guests: 37 - Bots: 139 Users: 41,258 (1,503 active)
Latest: joshua_is_the_new_rick
Tip: Don't just modify the original SMW overworld; start from scratch.Not logged in.
SMWCP2 Sound Track Redux
Forum Index - Events - Super Mario World Central Production 2 Completion Project - SMWCP2 Archive - SMWCP2 Sound Track Redux
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »
This song isn't good.
Something just feels very wrong about it. I don't know if it's the sporadic bassline, or the leitmotif that's been beaten to death, maybe it's because of how unbalanced the instruments are.
Like others said, it's very noisy. There's no vocal point in the song. It just doesn't feel as polished as the other song.
Also, don't worry about space if it goes at the expense of the song.

--------------------
I am actually very disappointed at the negative reaction. The volume could certainly be reduced, but if people don't like it, I won't bother.

It's not that I have a major problem with Moose's song, but I do feel it is repetitive and doesn't really sound like a boss theme to me (I feel that it would actually make a much better title screen theme than a boss theme).

And what's wrong with a leitmotif being beaten to death? Super Mario World's leitmotif was used way more than mine, and no one really cares.
I don't really have a problem with it other than the volume. One suggestion would be to remove those constant high hihats on #4, as they kind of detract from the overall feel. Some panning and maybe some surround would also make it a bit sound a bit more professional.

On another note, I have to disagree with the people who say it would be better for a final boss. It's just too short and not quite powerful enough for that purpose--and that makes sense, because it wasn't made with said purpose in mind.

--------------------
soundcloud / bandcamp / twitter / battle of the bits / buy our album
I can't say I'm a huge fan either. It's not terrible, but in this case, I don't think it's necessary to fix something that isn't broken. Most people love Moose's boss theme - might as well leave it as it is.

That's not to discourage you from trying another track, I know what you're capable of. There are other songs that require much more attention than the boss theme though.
Originally posted by S.N.N.
I can't say I'm a huge fan either. It's not terrible, but in this case, I don't think it's necessary to fix something that isn't broken. Most people love Moose's boss theme - might as well leave it as it is.

That's not to discourage you from trying another track, I know what you're capable of. There are other songs that require much more attention than the boss theme though.


Exactly my thoughts: If it ain't broke, don't fix it, but don't give up!

If you want to improve other songs or compose a completely new song from scratch, check out my thoughts and comments on the soundtrack here.
R.I.P. eXcavator... You will always have a place in our hearts...
Having read this thread again, it seems most people don't like the P-Switch theme.

Here's a new one.

It has been time-tested and the length is appropriate for a standard p-switch press. It's also a pretty small file.
The SPC in your .zip file was broken, so I had to throw the .txt at a random ROM.

It's decent for a P-switch, though taking into account possible rapid instances of the game pausing (get mushroom, lose mushroom, pressing start, etc), the song could easily end about 2 seconds before it's supposed to.

Does the job of being a cute little piece that plays when you hit a P-switch though. I wouldn't mind it being used.
Here's a working SPC to save everyone else the trouble.

I think it sounds fine and fits the hack well; if anything, it's definitely better than the old one.

--------------------
soundcloud / bandcamp / twitter / battle of the bits / buy our album
I'm not sure what happened to the SPC I made. I dumped it using ZMZ while in my Windows partition. Oh well. Thank you for the link.
Will this redux ever really happen? I mean, now that VLDC8 and Idol are over, and assuming you guys aren't going through any real life issues, there's really nothing holding you back. Like, I'm doing what I can to improve SMWCP2 graphically, but I really wish the same was happening musically; this project has been going on for so long and it'd be really cool for it to be as polished as possible, and that obviously includes music too.

I mean, come on now, just look at Idol and VLDC8, you guys are amazing at making music, and after all these years since this project started, I would really like to see (or rather, hear) what you guys can do after building up so much skill (even though the aforementioned events already have some examples of this), and I'm sure everyone else does too.

--------------------
Originally posted by Magiluigi
Will this redux ever really happen? I mean, now that VLDC8 and Idol are over, and assuming you guys aren't going through any real life issues, there's really nothing holding you back. Like, I'm doing what I can to improve SMWCP2 graphically, but I really wish the same was happening musically; this project has been going on for so long and it'd be really cool for it to be as polished as possible, and that obviously includes music too.

I mean, come on now, just look at Idol and VLDC8, you guys are amazing at making music, and after all these years since this project started, I would really like to see (or rather, hear) what you guys can do after building up so much skill (even though the aforementioned events already have some examples of this), and I'm sure everyone else does too.


^My words exactly. I mean come on, guys. We know you can improve your songs and other songs in SMWCP2 after many years of absence. I would love to see songs be improved, even the ones that are absolutely perfect like Mario on Ice or Magnificent Magma Mural improved even more.
R.I.P. eXcavator... You will always have a place in our hearts...
Yeah if we could at least get the terrible ones out (Heavier Than Air I'm looking at you) it would be great.

Much as I would like to contribute, I'd like to get more experience composing before I just jump in and do something that requires such a high standard.
I'd like to contribute if I could compose something completely new, but I can't imagine I'd be very good at improving on existing music.
Originally posted by Magiluigi
Will this redux ever really happen? I mean, now that VLDC8 and Idol are over, and assuming you guys aren't going through any real life issues, there's really nothing holding you back. Like, I'm doing what I can to improve SMWCP2 graphically, but I really wish the same was happening musically; this project has been going on for so long and it'd be really cool for it to be as polished as possible, and that obviously includes music too.

I'm busy with a whole bunch of other projects that I need to finish before C3. So maybe after I'm done with those I'll take lead of this project.

Meanwhile, anyone else is free to do so.

--------------------
Man like, is this really the best idea? This could be something that would hold up the collab for a while longer, and it doesn't seem like there's much interest in redoing the songs.
If nobody does anything by the time the rest is done, we'll just skip this.

--------------------
Your layout has been removed.
Originally posted by eXcavator
it doesn't seem like there's much interest in redoing the songs.

There was but Jimmy disappeared and effectively took up a bunch of slots for nothing.

That and this forum has been inactive for months so no-one has bothered to check out this thread in the meantime.
I would do some of this if I could, but I'm kind of a noob when it comes to MML editing, and honestly, most of the songs that apparently need reworking sound better than I could do to begin with.

--------------------
I've become very grumpy these last few years, and have been biting my tongue here in SMWC's forums quite a bit. I just want to let you all know that if ever I come off as harsh, I still care about you all. You guys are great.

(Avatar by http://reyleias.tumblr.com/, butchered by me)
Is it just me, or do some of the level themes used in some levels seem rather...unfitting? A few good examples are:

-Most of the "Panic" areas use Machine-Made Melancholy or don't play some panicy theme at all, when it should be playing Rush Time, as that theme was intended to be the "Panic" theme.
-Crystalline Citadel plays Bells of Paradise, which sounds more like a "traditional" ice level. Mario on Ice definitely fits this level better, as it sounds more like an ice cave or ice castle.

There's probably a few others, but I can't think about them. What do you guys say?
R.I.P. eXcavator... You will always have a place in our hearts...
Originally posted by Falconpunch
-Crystalline Citadel plays Bells of Paradise, which sounds more like a "traditional" ice level. Mario on Ice definitely fits this level better, as it sounds more like an ice cave or ice castle.


"Mario on Ice" is the main theme of Frostflow Freezer, that cames right before Crystalline Citadel (Except for the skiing section). And I think both songs deserves their own level.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »
Forum Index - Events - Super Mario World Central Production 2 Completion Project - SMWCP2 Archive - SMWCP2 Sound Track Redux

The purpose of this site is not to distribute copyrighted material, but to honor one of our favourite games.

Copyright © 2005 - 2019 - SMW Central
Legal Information - Privacy Policy - Link To Us


Total queries: 7

Menu

Follow Us On

  • YouTube
  • Twitch
  • Twitter

Affiliates

  • SMBX Community
  • ROMhacking.net
  • MFGG