Banner
Views: 808,419,724
Time:
20 users online: anthonypasha, Big Brawler, Brandon_Pitts, buggy789, Dan Drigues, Dark Prince, DeGenerator, Golden Yoshi,  KevinM, Kezcade,  Lazy, Misterfan2000, MrDeePay, Nowieso, Ralshi02, Rykon-V73, Samantha, SquidMan_Raps, System64, Tsutarja - Guests: 102 - Bots: 178 Users: 42,456 (2,005 active)
Latest: Shiny
Tip: Try to make a hack that is both hard enough to be challenging and easy enough to be fun.Not logged in.
Mario in the Mirage Machine: Secrets of Subcon (On hiatus)
Forum Index - Sunken Ghost Ship - Forum Graveyard - Super Mario RPG - Mario in the Mirage Machine: Secrets of Subcon (On hiatus)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »

I just googled yoshi heal under images and found this maybe this might spark a idea for yoshi heal 3 skill :3
Originally posted by mosky2000
Wow lots of text here XD. No problem man. Just keep doing on what you're doing and soon you will have success on your project :). I like the idea of Yoshi being a new partner now. Heal 3 can maybe be ( Eggfeast, CookieAll, and also Yoshi's special).

Alright, and thanks. I like the ideas, thank you, but I don't think I'll use them.
I also thought of "Yoshi Express", which is a play off of the Pony Express, the old mail delivery system, but I still don't wanna use that. #tb{>:(} Yoshi Essence? Fun fact, the full name for the Red Essence in the Japanese version in English is "Red Yoshi Extract" but the name doesn't fit in the English version. Maybe Yoshi Extract..? I don't know! #tb{D'X} Grasping at straws here.

Originally posted by SafeDesire
I've been keeping an eye on this project for a few weeks now and I love what I'm seeing so far. Did you draw the new Yoshi sprites (?) because they look official (to me), very well done.

All the frames in the screen shots (besides the one on the upper left) are custom. Most of the frames were actually graphics that existed and I reused (portrait, faint and parts of the victory). The only real custom one was the sleep/mute frame, and the hands and feet in the victory, and I guess the blink in the portrait too.

Originally posted by Rashama Izouki

I just googled yoshi heal under images and found this maybe this might spark a idea for yoshi heal 3 skill :3

Actually his gave me a thought. Putting it in a spoiler since it's reveals a possible idea:
What if I made heal 3 "Egg On", and gave Yoshi the ability to cast Yoshi-Ade later? That might mean he doesn't have a single target heal spell, but in the original I always used Group Hug as the sole heal spell, never Therapy, so it might be fine. This also might mean I have to ramp up the difficulty late game, but we'll see. :P


Man, I googled yoshi heal too and there are some weird images of Yoshi that come up... Especially the pregnant humanoid one? That is just weird.
Peace!Layout by Erik557 & LDA.
Thank you!








Originally posted by Yakibomb
Originally posted by mosky2000
Wow lots of text here XD. No problem man. Just keep doing on what you're doing and soon you will have success on your project :). I like the idea of Yoshi being a new partner now. Heal 3 can maybe be ( Eggfeast, CookieAll, and also Yoshi's special).

Alright, and thanks. I like the ideas, thank you, but I don't think I'll use them.
I also thought of "Yoshi Express", which is a play off of the Pony Express, the old mail delivery system, but I still don't wanna use that. #tb{>:(} Yoshi Essence? Fun fact, the full name for the Red Essence in the Japanese version in English is "Red Yoshi Extract" but the name doesn't fit in the English version. Maybe Yoshi Extract..? I don't know! #tb{D'X} Grasping at straws here.

Originally posted by SafeDesire
I've been keeping an eye on this project for a few weeks now and I love what I'm seeing so far. Did you draw the new Yoshi sprites (?) because they look official (to me), very well done.

All the frames in the screen shots (besides the one on the upper left) are custom. Most of the frames were actually graphics that existed and I reused (portrait, faint and parts of the victory). The only real custom one was the sleep/mute frame, and the hands and feet in the victory, and I guess the blink in the portrait too.

Originally posted by Rashama Izouki

I just googled yoshi heal under images and found this maybe this might spark a idea for yoshi heal 3 skill :3

Actually his gave me a thought. Putting it in a spoiler since it's reveals a possible idea:
What if I made heal 3 "Egg On", and gave Yoshi the ability to cast Yoshi-Ade later? That might mean he doesn't have a single target heal spell, but in the original I always used Group Hug as the sole heal spell, never Therapy, so it might be fine. This also might mean I have to ramp up the difficulty late game, but we'll see. :P


Man, I googled yoshi heal too and there are some weird images of Yoshi that come up... Especially the pregnant humanoid one? That is just weird.

same here. i never did use toadstool single heal very much unless it was a strong attack. She was somewhat broken with how strong her healing was IMO.
Originally posted by Yakibomb
Originally posted by mosky2000
Wow lots of text here XD. No problem man. Just keep doing on what you're doing and soon you will have success on your project :). I like the idea of Yoshi being a new partner now. Heal 3 can maybe be ( Eggfeast, CookieAll, and also Yoshi's special).

Alright, and thanks. I like the ideas, thank you, but I don't think I'll use them.
I also thought of "Yoshi Express", which is a play off of the Pony Express, the old mail delivery system, but I still don't wanna use that. #tb{>:(} Yoshi Essence? Fun fact, the full name for the Red Essence in the Japanese version in English is "Red Yoshi Extract" but the name doesn't fit in the English version. Maybe Yoshi Extract..? I don't know! #tb{D'X} Grasping at straws here.

Originally posted by SafeDesire
I've been keeping an eye on this project for a few weeks now and I love what I'm seeing so far. Did you draw the new Yoshi sprites (?) because they look official (to me), very well done.

All the frames in the screen shots (besides the one on the upper left) are custom. Most of the frames were actually graphics that existed and I reused (portrait, faint and parts of the victory). The only real custom one was the sleep/mute frame, and the hands and feet in the victory, and I guess the blink in the portrait too.

Originally posted by Rashama Izouki

I just googled yoshi heal under images and found this maybe this might spark a idea for yoshi heal 3 skill :3

Actually his gave me a thought. Putting it in a spoiler since it's reveals a possible idea:
What if I made heal 3 "Egg On", and gave Yoshi the ability to cast Yoshi-Ade later? That might mean he doesn't have a single target heal spell, but in the original I always used Group Hug as the sole heal spell, never Therapy, so it might be fine. This also might mean I have to ramp up the difficulty late game, but we'll see. :P


Man, I googled yoshi heal too and there are some weird images of Yoshi that come up... Especially the pregnant humanoid one? That is just weird.


It's okay beside you do what you want BTW :). Also I like those new custom Yoshio sprites.
Originally posted by Yakibomb
Originally posted by SafeDesire
I've been keeping an eye on this project for a few weeks now and I love what I'm seeing so far. Did you draw the new Yoshi sprites (?) because they look official (to me), very well done.

All the frames in the screen shots (besides the one on the upper left) are custom. Most of the frames were actually graphics that existed and I reused (portrait, faint and parts of the victory). The only real custom one was the sleep/mute frame, and the hands and feet in the victory, and I guess the blink in the portrait too.


Yeah, that's what I meant.
meh
Look's like a good hack #wario{^_^}
Originally posted by Rashama Izouki
same here. i never did use toadstool single heal very much unless it was a strong attack. She was somewhat broken with how strong her healing was IMO.

Yeah, I completely agree. Yoshi will be nerfed a little, he/she'll lose the heal 1 spell, will keep the heal all spell, but lose the ability to clear status ailments altogether. In return, he gets his own unique skills.

Originally posted by mosky2000
It's okay beside you do what you want BTW :). Also I like those new custom Yoshio sprites.

Thanks! Worked hard on 'em. Started them two years ago, finished them this year! So happy. :)

Originally posted by SafeDesire
Yeah, that's what I meant.

OK. Thanks for the compliment too, I forgot that last post.

Originally posted by MarioRpgHack
Look's like a good hack

Thanks! Sure hope it'll turn out good, but only time will tell.


Another preview:

Marsh Mallow (click to enhance)

If the story calls for it I might change the town later and go with something smaller and more humble like other towns in SMRPG (Is this too big for Mallow's dream town? Does it give the wrong message?). For now though this'll be the first version of Marsh Mallow.
I like the idea of splitting the heal all and status cure into 2 different spells. It will add a layer of challenge on what to heal.
Originally posted by Yakibomb

Another preview:

Marsh Mallow (click to enhance)


I like the combination of two graphics that were never togheter in the original game! :) It gives mean idea of a future level I'll do after the one I'm currently doing. :)

--------------------


Looking back at this, I noticed that some things needs to be corrected:

The trees in the upper area, they are not standing on the grass, you should enlarge the grass so the trees are not floating in the air.

I think it's still WIP, but there is a uncompleted tree (the uppest rightest tree)

And also, the trees in the center and up of the screen, not sure if a player will see it.

Again, I love the idea.

--------------------


Originally posted by niamek
Looking back at this, I noticed that some things needs to be corrected:

The trees in the upper area, they are not standing on the grass, you should enlarge the grass so the trees are not floating in the air.

I think it's still WIP, but there is a uncompleted tree (the uppest rightest tree)

And also, the trees in the center and up of the screen, not sure if a player will see it.

Again, I love the idea.

Thanks! I appreciate the feedback. I fixed the trees and the ground on the upper left. Here it is if you wanna see:

(Click to enlarge)


Update: So I've decided to extend the story a little bit... I plan for three chapters, the first two with four segments, and the last being a wrap-up of the story with about four areas. Each will have their own uniqueness about them! Probably a bad idea to make this even longer, considering I'm only one man, but I'm an army!... Perhaps I'm getting a little over my head in this... But I want to try.

Blah blah blah, I made a new enemy! Meet... *drumroll* The Pokey!


Hello there! Just poking around these parts.




It'll appear in the second chapter, and will chase you constantly in a desert level. I didn't want to sprite a flower on its head, so I went with the SMW style Pokey with the ears.

Also, here is the Cloud 9 animation I'm using! (Sorry it's only a screen shot)



Plays just like Poison Gas, but on the player's side.

Feedback is appreciated.

Will update the first post in time.
Peace!Layout by Erik557 & LDA.
Thank you!








Please teach me how to do enemies like you do? Pokey is AMAZING! A custom enemy in a SMRPG game how impressive :). Make more custom enemies?
Originally posted by mosky2000
Please teach me how to do enemies like you do? Pokey is AMAZING! A custom enemy in a SMRPG game how impressive :). Make more custom enemies?

Sure, what would you like to know? I'll try to answer the best I can.

And yes, more custom enemies is on my to-do list. Pokey just happened to be one I made recently because I tried making it a couple years ago and just wanted to get it done. Take a look at what it used to be.

I first started spriting this style two years ago, I made a segment of the Pokey and it turned out like this:

Not very good. It was meant to look like some kind of 3D sphere, but I had absolutely no experience back then.

I made a new segment based on my old one yesterday, and it turned out like this:

Notice how much cleaner it looks. It wouldn't fully fit in the SMRPG world but it's pretty close, it just needs to be darker. SMRPG uses a pretty dark color scheme overall, unlike other Mario games which use much lighter colors.
Some time after the first iteration of the sprite I found out that SMRPG doesn't really using broad thick outlines for its sprites.
This is the way I think about it: Take a look at the bright part on the left, SMRPG isn't afraid of using bright colors on the outside. The shadows that go inward define the shape; This gives the sprite depth. Shadows are VERY important, they usually wrap around the sprite and give the other colors presence.
I've only been self-taught, so methods may change. I will tell you this process takes some time to develop. Practice!

Well um, this probably wasn't what you asked for, it just sort of came up after you asked. You're free to ask anything! I'll try to answer the best I can.


UPDATE: I decided to make Pokey darker, because I thought it looked weird with it being so light compared to the other sprites.

Featuring: Tanned Pokey!


Idle


Attack


Cast


Recoil

Attacks include:
Thorn
Stench
Body Slam
Counter if attacked: Thorn
Special: Can randomly summon other Pokeys into battle.
Originally posted by Yakibomb
Originally posted by mosky2000
Please teach me how to do enemies like you do? Pokey is AMAZING! A custom enemy in a SMRPG game how impressive :). Make more custom enemies?

Sure, what would you like to know? I'll try to answer the best I can.

And yes, more custom enemies is on my to-do list. Pokey just happened to be one I made recently because I tried making it a couple years ago and just wanted to get it done. Take a look at what it used to be.

I first started spriting this style two years ago, I made a segment of the Pokey and it turned out like this:

Not very good. It was meant to look like some kind of 3D sphere, but I had absolutely no experience back then.

I made a new segment based on my old one yesterday, and it turned out like this:

Notice how much cleaner it looks. It wouldn't fully fit in the SMRPG world but it's pretty close, it just needs to be darker. SMRPG uses a pretty dark color scheme overall, unlike other Mario games which use much lighter colors.
Some time after the first iteration of the sprite I found out that SMRPG doesn't really using broad thick outlines for its sprites.
This is the way I think about it: Take a look at the bright part on the left, SMRPG isn't afraid of using bright colors on the outside. The shadows that go inward define the shape; This gives the sprite depth. Shadows are VERY important, they usually wrap around the sprite and give the other colors presence.
I've only been self-taught, so methods may change. I will tell you this process takes some time to develop. Practice!

Well um, this probably wasn't what you asked for, it just sort of came up after you asked. You're free to ask anything! I'll try to answer the best I can.


UPDATE: I decided to make Pokey darker, because I thought it looked weird with it being so light compared to the other sprites.

Featuring: Tanned Pokey!


Idle


Attack


Cast


Recoil

Attacks include:
Thorn
Stench
Body Slam
Counter if attacked: Thorn
Special: Can randomly summon other Pokeys into battle.


I really want to know how you make your own enemies? What programs do you use to make sprites out of scratch? And how do you make the sprites look 3D? I really to know :).
mosky do you really need to quote every post you're responding to even if it's gigantic

@yakibomb: looks pretty impressive. I'd be interested in seeing more of this, though I probably wouldn't play it myself admittedly
Originally posted by MercuryPenny
mosky do you really need to quote every post you're responding to even if it's gigantic

@yakibomb: looks pretty impressive. I'd be interested in seeing more of this, though I probably wouldn't play it myself admittedly


Whoops I didn't really needed to quote that huge post excuse me XD. OK next time I will just put reply, but not quote on large posts ok ^0^?
Yakibomb: Your pokey is really impressive, you're very good with sprites! :O

--------------------


@mosky2000: The programs I use are Paint, and LS' animation exporter. A lot of the detailing comes from just studying how the sprites look and sort of "mimicking" it. I put it in quote because as you know, they're all pre-rendered sprites, so spriting is kind of not really suppose to be the right way to make them. I sort of tried to explain in my last post how I look at making the sprites, but I really can't. I can try, but I likely will make it more convoluted. I think it just comes down to intuition and practice. It gets easier once you get the hang of it I think, you sort of start to develop an eye for how to look at it.

I've noticed some of the sprites in SMRPG don't all match each other. Sprites like the Heavy Troopa look like they've been touched up a bit, while the Hammer Bro and Goomba look like they were correct model renders. No idea what they did with the Shy Guy to get blue from red.

@MercuryPenny and @niamek: Thank you for the comments. :D

Will post more updates in the future.
I like the pokey sprite and it always great to see enemies made from scratch instead of just recoloring a sprite used in the original game I made a few custom enemies myself but i used sprite sheets to make them since I'm not that good on drawing. When I get a little more finished on my hack i show what i made :3
Originally posted by Yakibomb
@mosky2000: The programs I use are Paint, and LS' animation exporter. A lot of the detailing comes from just studying how the sprites look and sort of "mimicking" it. I put it in quote because as you know, they're all pre-rendered sprites, so spriting is kind of not really suppose to be the right way to make them. I sort of tried to explain in my last post how I look at making the sprites, but I really can't. I can try, but I likely will make it more convoluted. I think it just comes down to intuition and practice. It gets easier once you get the hang of it I think, you sort of start to develop an eye for how to look at it.

I've noticed some of the sprites in SMRPG don't all match each other. Sprites like the Heavy Troopa look like they've been touched up a bit, while the Hammer Bro and Goomba look like they were correct model renders. No idea what they did with the Shy Guy to get blue from red.

@MercuryPenny and @niamek: Thank you for the comments. :D

Will post more updates in the future.


Oh the paint program on where I mess up at making sprites. I will try the programs out and see what sprites I come up with. Thank you so much for telling me on how to make your own sprites c:.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »
Forum Index - Sunken Ghost Ship - Forum Graveyard - Super Mario RPG - Mario in the Mirage Machine: Secrets of Subcon (On hiatus)

The purpose of this site is not to distribute copyrighted material, but to honor one of our favourite games.

Copyright © 2005 - 2020 - SMW Central
Legal Information - Privacy Policy - Link To Us


Total queries: 7

Menu

Follow Us On

  • YouTube
  • Twitch
  • Twitter

Affiliates

  • Super Mario Bros. X Community
  • ROMhacking.net
  • Mario Fan Games Galaxy