Banner
Views: 1,003,473,705
Time:
15 users online: anonimzwx, Chondontore, Duraner Hawkeye,  Fernap, gui, Infinity, Jern, Maw, niko,  NopeContest, SAMYR DUTRA ARAUJO, SethOsDotEXE, Storm Kyleis,  Telinc1, VinylHeart - Guests: 85 - Bots: 146 Users: 54,844 (2,038 active)
Tip: By pressing Shift while placing event tiles, they will be made "silent" and will not appear until a map transition happens. Always use silent event tiles to draw paths in other maps (i.e. a Vanilla Dome event while the player is on the main map), or glitchy tiles may appear.
Not logged in.
aj6666's level testing thread
Forum Index - Sunken Ghost Ship - C3 Museum - Winter 2014 - aj6666's level testing thread
Pages: « 1 » Link
I've don't have anything to show you this time, I've barely done anything for the challenge (I only did two levels since last C3) and Proyecto Latino has also been under the ice these months.

This time, instead of making a thread to show my stuff, I will let you guys post your stuff on my thread! (Nobody else is going to let you do that), and I will give you some feedback on your level design. Note that I will only be testing SMW levels.

You can give me a single level, a demo or a full hack in beta version . There's no length limit, but I'll be doing short stuff first, so if you send me something very long don't expect to get your feedback soon. Also, don't give me stuff you didn't test yourself first, I will be giving you feedback on level design, not technical bugs!

You can also give me something you already posted in your C3 thread, in which case I will post the feedback there (I'm giving you free posts for your threads, nobody else is going to do that!), otherwise I'll post it here unless you prefer to have it via PM.

Keep the IPSes going.

Done:
-MercuryPenny
-Dr. Tapeworm
-StanTheMackiar
-Nick139
-NGB
-Luks
-TheBassLP
-LadiesMan217

Pending:
None
Yeah, this thread will be helpful for a lot of us.

Here.
It would be nice if you test my hack.

--------------------
Formerly known as nick 139
My YouTube channel
Here's a link to my hack's demo. Happy testing!

If you are not too busy with all the request you already got, can you test my hack as well?
Thanks for offering testing to everyone. It's a nice idea.

--------------------
My Youtube channel

Currently working on:
Project C

Finished project:



Feedback would be very nice!
Download :3







Feed back :3

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/1qkt83r8mla757q/christmas%20snow.ips

--------------------
Un proyecto en el que estamos trabajando los hackers hispanos, aun quedan lugares!.

Originally posted by nick 139
It would be nice if you test my hack.

The link in your thread gave me a 403. When you upload stuff in dropbox make sure you copy the public link, if you don't, others can't download it.
Originally posted by aj6666
Originally posted by nick 139
It would be nice if you test my hack.

The link in your thread gave me a 403. When you upload stuff in dropbox make sure you copy the public link, if you don't, others can't download it.


Fixed

--------------------
Formerly known as nick 139
My YouTube channel
Originally posted by StanTheMackiar

The level was good in general. It didn't feel empty or repetitive at all and was very challenging. You also made good use of the custom sprites, especially the shower venus placing it in tricky spots making it harder to dodge and a better obstacle overall. However, I suggest you add a segment where you use the shower venus alone so the players can see how it works before facing with other enemies. Nothing felt really unfair, but this segment seems really hard without getting hit.

There was a bit of slowdown here, but that's only because those koopas respawned and came to where I was. Also even if you hinted it with a special coin, you should avoid using the bottom row.
Fanatical like a Demon
I hope kaizo's don't bother you. I'd jx like your opinion on my bosses for my Kaizo hack I'm working on, I tweaked the vanilla bosses the best I could to try make and show smw's bosses can be hard and put into Kaizo hacks (not jx Reznors). I know about the OAM gltiches, Mode 7 rooms are very limited with sprite tiles and it sux, hopefully a mode 7 compatible NMSTL patch will come out soon. Also there are Munchers that float and are stacked and I don't plan to change those, sorry if they bother you #tb{''} (Ignore Wendy if you want to, she's a filler).
Major thanks to Suika Ibuki for layout!
SMAS Soundtrack Status: 100% finished
YI Soundtrack Status: 100%
YI Unsampled Soundtrack Status: 100%
NSMB Soundtrack Status: 7.89%
Killer Instinct Soundtrack Status: 14.63%
SPC Thread
From our family to you, keep your pants dry, your dreams wet, and remember, hugs not drugs.
I'm not very experienced with Kaizos. I might give it a try later, but I can't promise anything for now.
No OW events, some bugs i think (but not too many) and an unfinished level. https://www.mediafire.com/?xcunz42cn99bs4t]
Originally posted by TheBassLP
No OW events, some bugs i think (but not too many) and an unfinished level. https://www.mediafire.com/?xcunz42cn99bs4t]

Not much to say here since it's only three levels. The music breaks in snes9x, so you might be using broken music or an outdated version of addmusic. I recommend you switch to addmusic K if you haven't done that.

1-1 wasn't exactly empty, but it was easy to run arround and jump over everything. I suggest you use the normal timer for mounty moles spawning rather than the Yoshi's Island one, becuase they can be too easy to bypass that way. You can also use non-grounded enemies to remove the JOE feeling.

1-2 was better and didn't suffer from this issue. It did had a large empty area though, starting here until the part with the Hammer Bro. Try to add more enemies in between.

1-5 felt really empty. Most of the time you would only be facing one enemy at the time at most, and many enemies didn't even pose a threat to the player. Also the ball 'n' chains created sprite memory issues, you can fix that by changing the sprite memory index to E.
Nice idea. I may use this.
Originally posted by LadiesMan217
I hope kaizo's don't bother you. I'd jx like your opinion on my bosses for my Kaizo hack I'm working on, I tweaked the vanilla bosses the best I could to try make and show smw's bosses can be hard and put into Kaizo hacks (not jx Reznors). I know about the OAM gltiches, Mode 7 rooms are very limited with sprite tiles and it sux, hopefully a mode 7 compatible NMSTL patch will come out soon. Also there are Munchers that float and are stacked and I don't plan to change those, sorry if they bother you #tb{''} (Ignore Wendy if you want to, she's a filler).

I finally got around testing this. I'm not sure if you were aiming for "very hard but possible" or "just for TASers".

I was able to defeat Morton and Roy after several attempts, I just used short jumps before they landed to avoid getting stunned and then I jumped on their heads.

Ludwig was really hard, I managed to get five hits on him, but I didn't beat him, the fight is a partly luck based because of the fire danmaku though, but still mostly skill based.

Iggy was easy, it just took me a few attempts and I only took one hit. Larry was a bit harder, at first I didn't think I could beat him, but I did with the help of the cape.

The first three Reznors were not big deal, but I was unable to beat the last one, when I got to the other side, the bridge already disappeared.

I couldn't do anything about Lemmy and Wendy, they required too much precision/timing which is something I'm not very good with, same for Big Boo, actually, I'm not even sure what I was supposed to do for that one.

I couldn't beat Bowser either, but I managed to get one hit on him. I noticed I was able to avoid getting hit by the fishing boo by standing in the left edge though.

As I said, I'm not a Kaizo expert, so I'm sorry if this didn't helpyou much.
Fanatical like a Demon
Originally posted by aj6666
I finally got around testing this. I'm not sure if you were aiming for "very hard but possible" or "just for TASers".

Very hard but possible, I've actually tested them myself without tools and don't plan to ever do it again until my hack is done XD.

Originally posted by aj6666
I was able to defeat Morton and Roy after several attempts, I just used short jumps before they landed to avoid getting stunned and then I jumped on their heads.

I do that too, you found the trick!

Originally posted by aj6666
Ludwig was really hard, I managed to get five hits on him, but I didn't beat him, the fight is a partly luck based because of the fire danmaku though, but still mostly skill based.

I agree, he is quite hard (assuming I sent you the right one, there was suppose to be a homing Thwomp too). I'm trying to fix the sprite bg from messing up. Before I input the thwomp, I use to have Munchers in there spaced apart by 5 tiles on the bridge.

Originally posted by aj6666
Iggy was easy, it just took me a few attempts and I only took one hit. Larry was a bit harder, at first I didn't think I could beat him, but I did with the help of the cape.

If Iggy was easy then you're better than me because he's a mother to knock down for me XD. I aimed to make Larry the 2nd hardest Koopaling because he is my favorite.

Originally posted by aj6666
The first three Reznors were not big deal, but I was unable to beat the last one, when I got to the other side, the bridge already disappeared.

I love what I was able to do with the Reznors, also I hope you collected all 5 yoshi coins bc that's what makes the bridge animation work (I suck with custom triggers). The 1st room was directly taken from the credit scene. Oh yeah, that last Reznor battle you have to be FAST.

Originally posted by aj6666
I couldn't do anything about Lemmy and Wendy, they required too much precision/timing which is something I'm not very good with

I should make Lemmy easier, he seem way too hard for a 3rd boss but it kind of fits bc his world is based on a lot of precision.

Originally posted by aj6666
same for Big Boo, actually, I'm not even sure what I was supposed to do for that one.

It's a puzzle, and one that took a while for me to come up with too XD. The sunken ghost ship's last area is a puzzle maze, so it seems to fit the boss I think. Ghost houses in my hacks will be puzzles. I love that no one hasn't been able to find out what to do jx yet, it means I did a clever job (at least I think???).

Originally posted by aj6666
I couldn't beat Bowser either, but I managed to get one hit on him. I noticed I was able to avoid getting hit by the fishing boo by standing in the left edge though.

This boss took me 2 weeks code in the asm files and then I took a break until I finished him, I was trying to make the last boss live up to the hack's difficulty. Nice job on getting that 1st hit, it's really hard #tb{:j}.

Originally posted by aj6666
As I said, I'm not a Kaizo expert, so I'm sorry if this didn't help you much.

No worries ^^, this helped a lot actually, it gives me some sense as to how difficult other people find them. Thank you so much for putting yourself through this, I know a lot of people who'd never do it bc of the difficulty, so all in all, this means a lot, thanks :').
Major thanks to Suika Ibuki for layout!
SMAS Soundtrack Status: 100% finished
YI Soundtrack Status: 100%
YI Unsampled Soundtrack Status: 100%
NSMB Soundtrack Status: 7.89%
Killer Instinct Soundtrack Status: 14.63%
SPC Thread
From our family to you, keep your pants dry, your dreams wet, and remember, hugs not drugs.
Pages: « 1 » Link
Forum Index - Sunken Ghost Ship - C3 Museum - Winter 2014 - aj6666's level testing thread

The purpose of this site is not to distribute copyrighted material, but to honor one of our favourite games.

Copyright © 2005 - 2022 - SMW Central
Legal Information - Privacy Policy - Link To Us


Menu

Follow Us On

  • YouTube
  • Twitch
  • Twitter

Affiliates

  • Super Mario Bros. X Community
  • ROMhacking.net
  • Mario Fan Games Galaxy
  • sm64romhacks