I figured I may try something different for C3 (sure it's two months away, but I need publicity for this to work), as Colossus is getting huge and would likely detract people from an event full of choice because it would be too time-consuming to go through it fully, plus this needs other people to work.
There are plenty upon plenty of blocks, sprites, and patches I have never touched. However, I'll put up a list of what I've already used since Colossus, By the Harvest Moon, Shelf Life, and that bacon level.
This list is very important. Go back to it if necessary. Sprites
- rocket barrel sprite
- Phanto sprites (small and big)
- sideways piranha plants + venus fire traps (any direction)
- better creating/eating blocks (thanks a fuckton leod)
- vertical/horizontal wrap levels
- Elite Koopas
- missile bills
- Iceguy's n00b boss sprite
- Fire Magikoopa
- Flatbed Ferry platforms (YI)
- homing bullet bill
- big bullet bills
- Skull Kart
- on/off switch controlled by spin jump Blocks
- basic on/off ctrl'ed devices (blocks, conveyors, etc.)
- tar blocks
- shattering ice blocks
- bounce blocks
- framal blocks
- teleport blocks (both by Mario and by sprite)
- Heavy water
- key blocks
The list seems very excessive, but I want to guarantee that I don't use a resource I may already have experience with.
The main idea will be to build a short hack (10-20 levels), with resources hosted on the site chosen by you/others of this community that you would think I would be able to use my head to make a cool level with.
It'll only start in around May.
I was unsure whether the community's requests for resources to use should be sent via PM so that less details of what I've been given are revealed making it less predictable. However, it doesn't matter much as long as I get enough suggestions to go along with a decent-length romhack.
I may reveal in-game spoilers when I start this thing (hopefully) in May.