Originally posted by VyseOfLegends9001
Yeah, I couldn't really think of much for the Therapy Replacement. Heal Star is ok.
A New way to mess with Equipments? I can think of a Risk Vs. Reward thing.
3 Equipments, one for each slot(Weapon, Armor, Accessory) that can Equip on to anyone. Alone they do nothing, but if all 3 are Equipped, Huge Stat changes happen to whole party. Also All 3 Equip-able Items don't have to be all on one character. That way you can Equip 1 per character and still get the Effects.
Attack and Special Attack x2
Defense and Special Defense x.25 (Losing 3/4 of Defense Stats)
All Healing of any kind only heals for 1/4 of Max HP regardless of Timing.
All Spells Cost 3 MP More(Can be a lot more annoying then you think)
For a somewhat Simpler one:
An Accessory that doubles Item Effects in Battle. (Your Items that Increase MAX Stats can work with this too so that if you put in more work and Use said Item in Battle, the Accessory will double that effect as well.)
I'm glad to help out with ideas for this Hack.
Ah, I like your ideas, thank you, I really appreciate it. I'm trying to think of how to implement them. Unfortunately I need to shoot down some parts.
I can't do a party-wide buff, only single party member buffs. I can make an armor set, but the closest thing I can do with it is when they're all equipped, causes new animations or buffs for the user, but only when an animation script is called... It's very limited. I could refresh the bonuses after every attack... Weird but it might work.
Only routines I haven't found yet:
- How to use Once Again flower bonus
I found it!
- How to target the whole party (currently can only target the last one in formation. What gives?)
- How to target monsters (can only target specific monsters in formation)
- How to increase damage artificially
Currently, I can (all via animation script):
- Modify base stats permanently (which unfortunately is not counted until after battle)
- Cause a member to learn/unlearn any spells in battle
- Inflict a status [ailment, flower buff] to the member using the script
- Use memory to keep track of how many times something is used
- Check which party member is using the script
- Finally, check a specific equipped weapon, armor, and/or accessory on the user
I found a value to temporarily increase speed in battle! Giangurgolo documented it too, so he is the one who truly discovered it. Thanks for him we can have a weird item not seen in the original game!!
After much brainstorming, I've got a few ideas I'd like to see implemented:
- Accessory: "Brick Block" - Automatically blocks after wearer's physical attack
- Accessory: Adds chance to win a "Freebie!" item.
- Item: "Hyper Jewel". Upon use, the user's speed stat is permanently increased (since there is no way to level this stat up)
- Item: Temporarily increases speed by 100 (base speed will be 100, so double that)
- Item/Spell: "Hyper Orb". Upon use in battle, causes a party member to learn "Flower Power", which causes invincibility for self for one turn + mortality protection on self permanently (until they fall).
EDIT: Since I found the Once Again offset I came up with a couple more:
- Accessory: "Double Dip". After an item is used, get another turn.
- Item: "Dual-Cast". This can either be an accessory or item. If an accessory, equipping it causes the player to automatically go again after a spell is used. If an item, causes the user of the item to permanently learn "Dual-Cast" so they may permanently cast two spells.
Still need to test if this actually works, but I'll see tomorrow.
Well it works. I'm happy.