I feel tired, I need people to test what I have done so far and search bugs and some people that help me to fix some other bugs if needed.
Custom powerups (alpha version)
- Ice flower: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8XXwxl2P1k
- Hammer suit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMubU3mRRHE
- Shell suit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9wLra34XgY
This is an almost complete powerup pack (I do have plans to have 5 powerups more, while I haven't decided 3 of them). It features 7 powerups:
- Ice flower from NSMB Wii and NSMBU
- Hammer suit from SMB3
- Boomerang suit inspired from Super Mario 3D Land
- Raccoon leaf from SMB3
- Tanooki suit from SMB3
- Shell suit from the original NSMB
- Rocket boots (or a blue mushroom :V) from Terraria (this one is from MarioE)
This two I have planned to do:
- Cloud flower from Super Mario Galaxy
- White raccoon or tanooki suit from NSMB2 (I know, it's overpowered, but whatever)
I don't included a readme (I'm a bit lazy, the 1.0 version WILL have one) but you only need to insert powerup.asm and insert the sprites and the blocks included.
powerup_base.pal is a palette used by the graphic files included (GFX00 and GFX01)
Note about GFX00 & 01: I used some tiles used by the small koopas to make space for powerups items and effects. You may want to remap using hex edits or STEAR
KNOWN BUGS, ISSUES AND THINGS I FORGOT TO DO:
- Raccoon and tanooki powerups doesn't display the 8x8 tiles.
- Same powerups doesn't display the tail when climbing
- Do a proper readme.
- I don't know what I forgot to include, but isn't important I guess :v
- I don't know if this is compatible with Dynamic Z (I think isn't).
- It isn't compatible with Imamelia's Manual Player Palette Updater (due to a Ladida's patch)
- Tanooki suit has some frames where it has a tail, I can't edit those because they would look ugly (yes I can't edit graphics)
- Hammer and Boomerang suits have a missing frame when you punch while you are in a net.
- I DO NOT TAKE SUGGESTIONS (maybe later, idk, but don't ask)
When the C3 is over, I'll make a thread in Resource & tool release forum because I do want to finish this.
I forgot something...
Test this on a clean rom!
I don't want to have people saying that their hack broke and they lost everything because my powerups.