Tip: If you place a moon, midpoint, or dragon coin through Map16, it will always respawn whenever you reenter that sublevel. It will not respawn if you add it through the Add Objects/Extended Objects window.
2. In the same file, search HitSpritePowers label and the sublabel .Boomerang (or .Hammer, both shares the same code)
Some documentation about that part:
Y has the extended sprite index
$0E has the sprite index
$0F holds the data of the current sprite in sprites_props.asm.
The 7th bit of !extra_extended_2 is set to make the boomerang to fall off the screen and stop checking the interaction with sprites.
4. Open IceBlock.asm and search the label SpawnBrokenIce, replace that code with your code, make sure that routine ends in RTL and uses $98 and $9A as X and Y coordinates, this should help.
- Tiny Mushroom powerup from NSMBWii is now available.
- Cloud flower powerup from SMG series is now available. Huge thanks to Lui37 for coding it.
- The patch is now SA-1 compatible*, just insert it as you would do normally and the patch will handle everything like every new patch on SMWC.
- Hammer and Boomerangs now interact with layer 1 objects, more details above.
- Boomerang can retrieve some sprites when fired, this makes the Boomerang to not be just a Hammer clone.
- Custom interaction fields with sprites is now possible.
- Custom interaction dots/points with layer 1/2 (maybe 3?) is now possible.
- Remapping some smoke particles is now optional too. A define is included in powerup_defs.asm to decide if insert the hex edits or not.
- Added a define to control which extended sprite number will Mario shoot while having powerup that shoots projectiles.
- Added a define to change where the Projectile DMA graphics will be loaded to.
- Made some (small) name changes to some files in powerup_files folder.
- Changed the custom sprite settings table in sprites_props.asm to use bits instead of hex values.
- Minor Extender patch is now completely optional, you still require to patch the file though, specially if you want those Z tiles fixed.
- Patch size increased a bit.
- THE Z TILE OF THE RIP VAN FISH IS NOW FIXED.
- Mode 7 Game Over patch detection. Clearing $7E2000 area made this patch to display an invisible Mario, this is now fixed.
- Fixed a HUGE mistake on IceBlock.asm. Changed a $1622,x to $1686,x.
- Iceball image is now properly aligned while using the projectile DMA feature.
- Riding Yoshi instantly bug is now gone.
- Projectile DMA feature now works correctly in title screen. Thanks to KDee for reporting this.
- Mario's 8x8 tiles weren't showing correctly on title screen, it's fixed now.
- Fixed several misplaced things.
- Tiny Mario graphics glitches when he gets a P-Balloon also he has wrong collision fields with everything.
- Tiny Mario sometimes goes through slopes when on Yoshi (?)
- Tiny Mario can't use small doors.
- extended_sprites.asm can't be patched without the main patch.
SA-1 known issues:
- Boomerang retrieve item feature isn't working.
- Tiny Mario has odd hitboxes when getting the item through the item box.
* = It's partially compatible, due to those known issues plus not having a SA-1 compatible GPS to get the blocks to work.
Phew, that was a big changelog!
The readme was also updated with more text and small tutorials to get the features to work.
Lui was a cool guy and made the Cloud powerup for this pack, it's very well done and has some cute cloud graphics.
Cloud Mario could maybe use some clouds following him, so you can actually see how many clouds you got left (you could perhaps use some cluster sprites with the appearance of those dust graphics in GFX00).
And maybe something like Magma Mario. He takes on the appearance of SMB3's Fire Mario and spits out one big fireball at a time. Maybe something else too to differentiate it more because ORIGINALITY
Question, in sprites_props.asm what exactly defines that sprite cant be retrieve by boomerangs? I set 6th byte to 0 but it I can still retrieve that sprite with boomerang(its kinda terrifying to be able to retrieve thwomps accidentally lol).
Well apparently its 1st bit (Can't be frozen by Iceball.) that caused it, once I set it to 0 it fixed itself, so guess I cant set sprite to be killed with tanooki statue, hammer&boomerangs but also have that you cannot freeze them? Not huge deal but the 6th bit (Can be retrieved by Boomerang.) seems to be broken unless Im idiot like usual.
I tried the power-ups you've make, LX5. This is a great addition.
I still have a few problems:
1: Yes, I added 16x16 question blocks for every power-up in LM, but in game, the question blocks are invisible. You can stand on them though and spawn that power-up when hit from below.
2: The tanooki power-up has a black palette. I suppose it's my fault, but how do you set it?
3: When I hit the wall with the ice block,(it came from freezing the enemy) instead of appearing the 4 new breakable ice block, some glitches bottom-left ? blocks have appeared for a short time. Does that mean I have to apply Minor extended sprite patch all by myself?
4: I seem to have a problem with the Cloud power-up. I know it makes Mario summon clouds below by spinning 3 times. Then I gave him a fire flower(any power-up) and turned him back into Cloud Mario. I expected for him not to make clouds, but he still does this 3 times. That's a bad thing, but still good.
Also, you should make a video tutorial for those who are not good enough to insert these using text. Also, an SA-1 version might work.
Edit: Look for 4:
Edit2: I noticed that someone actually made your powerups pack compatible with SMB3 status bar.
The latest version is SA-1 compatible. A bunch of patches nowadays do something fancy that allows them to detect SA-1 ROMs and makes adjustments accordingly. That's why there's no SA-1 "version", it's universal.
I haven't tried it myself yet (currently struggling with a few other patches) but I'll get to it eventually.