Banner
Views: 854,142,519
Time:
14 users online: AnasMario130, CalHal, Golden Yoshi, Green Jerry, Infinity, Kusrry, MecchaSugoiTntn, MegaSonic1999, Moichumoi, monkey03297, msQED, PlagueRatofDoom, RaymanFan1995, Zidan3 - Guests: 47 - Bots: 76 Users: 47,132 (2,480 active)
Latest: Based Seraph
Tip: Use this patch to fix the bug where editing the upper right 8x8 tile of the sideways walking Koopa Troopa in GFX01 makes the coin sparkles look glitchy.Not logged in.
Super Mario Coastal Calamity
Forum Index - SMW Hacking - Works in Progress - Super Mario Coastal Calamity
Pages: « 1 2 »
Hi! So I'm currently making an SMW Hack but I'm still a noob so it might look like shit, but maybe it'll get better once I get a better grip of it because for now, I have next to no idea how it works but I'm still trying to learn.
It will have just one world since I don't want to get overly ambitious and since it's my first.
Here is the first preview of the first level, Pastel Purple Coast. Enjoy.
I know there are some palette issues but it's because I replaced objects with the issues with the BG palette, I'll try to fix it in some way, hopefully...
Here are some screenshots of it for fillers;









-------------
PENIS
Eh it looks quite nice if this is your first ever hack. From what I can see, even the level design looks quite good, which is more than can be said for a lot of people.

Regarding graphics, I only see one error atm, and it's easily fixable.


In this screenshot, the corner pipe above the tile is misplaced. Move it and the starfish one tile to the right, and extend the roof and you should be good to go! Keep it up! ^^
That looks pretty good. I like the graphics you used, and the level has a nice verticality to it.

I'm not personally very fond of sampled music, I prefer songs using SMW's soundfont, but that's more of a subjective thing.

Keep it up!
Wow. I wasn't expecting something this good - this is actually quite well done! The level looks quite fun from what I've seen so far and the secrets are very well thought. The graphic choices are nice too. You've done a quite good job - I will be following this thread.

I have a few questions though.
1 - DOES IT HAVE CUSTOM MUSIC????????????????
2 - Hey there Jessie, long time no see, huh? How's the progress of this hack?
3 - Have you created some new levels?
4 - What's the name of this hack?
Wow, for being your first hack, it's very good so far! It's very well done in terms of design, totally fitting a first level; although I'd suggest you a few things:
- In your video, at 0:35, I'd move the winged question block a bit more right. If you don't use the P-Switch and player is close enough to the question block, he'll just have to wait for it to get where the ground is;
- The underground animated corals in the BG look messed up. Check if you're using the correct GFX header (click #lm{gfxby} then put "Underground 2" in "Change BG/FG GFX").

I'll follow this thread as well. Keep up the good work.
Originally posted by Wakana
Wow, for being your first hack, it's very good so far! It's very well done in terms of design, totally fitting a first level; although I'd suggest you a few things:
- In your video, at 0:35, I'd move the winged question block a bit more right. If you don't use the P-Switch and player is close enough to the question block, he'll just have to wait for it to get where the ground is;
- The underground animated corals in the BG look messed up. Check if you're using the correct GFX header (click #lm{gfxby} then put "Underground 2" in "Change BG/FG GFX").

I'll follow this thread as well. Keep up the good work.


Yeah! Me too. I like this work!#smw{:peace:}

--------------------
Believe what you want, not every sentence is true.

Haters will always be haters and try and make you blue.

But blue is a pretty color, it doesn't have to end.

Even if the hate, is hidden within your "Friends".

-Yoka Hiro aka Cwoodsdean
Originally posted by Eevee
Eh it looks quite nice if this is your first ever hack. From what I can see, even the level design looks quite good, which is more than can be said for a lot of people. 

Thanks a lot!
Originally posted by Eevee

Regarding graphics, I only see one error atm, and it's easily fixable.

Fixed :x didn't even notice it.
Originally posted by Cydrius
That looks pretty good. I like the graphics you used, and the level has a nice verticality to it.

Thank you.
Originally posted by Berkayyyylamo
I have a few questions though.
1 - DOES IT HAVE CUSTOM MUSIC????????????????
2 - Hey there Jessie, long time no see, huh? How's the progress of this hack?
3 - Have you created some new levels?
4 - What's the name of this hack?

1- um unless to download the custom music to an rom
2- Coming along nicely, also missed you for the 10 hours.
3- Not yet, I'm still worked out from trying to figure out how to use Lunar magic for 2 days.
4- idk
Originally posted by Wakana
- In your video, at 0:35, I'd move the winged question block a bit more right. If you don't use the P-Switch and player is close enough to the question block, he'll just have to wait for it to get where the ground is;
- The underground animated corals in the BG look messed up. Check if you're using the correct GFX header (click  then put "Underground 2" in "Change BG/FG GFX").

Taken into consideration.

Also thanks Forthright :>
-------------
PENIS
Originally posted by Berkay
1 - DOES IT HAVE CUSTOM MUSIC????????????????

Um, there is custom music in the video. I don't remember the original SMW using DKC3 music. Also, you stole ForthRightMC's catchphrase.

--------------------
Legacy custom music


How am I so creative? I think taking walks might have something to do with it.
Every single level I will ever make in SMM2 will be easier than Ultra Necrozma.
I'm pretty sure it was a joke, considering the questions that ForthRightMC is most likely to ask. Anyways, nice work so far. Can't wait to see more from this.
has it got custom music???????
^ let's not derail this thread, please



Looking pretty good, by the way! Level design seems decent and the graphics are really nice as well. I'd really like to see a different palette for the FG, though, just to differentiate it a bit from other hacks.

(also the wavy effect looks weird with the clouds)
Originally posted by OmegaYoshi
I'm pretty sure it was a joke, considering the questions that ForthRightMC is most likely to ask. Anyways, nice work so far. Can't wait to see more from this.

Sokoban was imitating Kaisaan. Also thanks :)

Originally posted by Eternity
Looking pretty good, by the way! Level design seems decent and the graphics are really nice as well. I'd really like to see a different palette for the FG, though, just to differentiate it a bit from other hacks.

(also the wavy effect looks weird with the clouds)

Thanks, for the palette I would try to change it if I could without fucking the rom up and making Mario purple but I will try to change it.
For the wavy effect, it's because the scrolling affects the whole BG and I don't know how to fix it.

Originally posted by Mindevous
has it got custom music???????

i'll eat your toes

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also, I've been fixing some mentioned stuff, thanks for pointing it out guys and thanks to Wakana for helping me with it and also a lot of stuff.

-Pipe palettes fixed and it looks less weird when Mario shoots out since it's diagonal.


-Vine palettes fixed too.


-Also cut off and BG.


ALSO crabs replace goomba, (GFX drawn by me).
Oh and the time is now 400 since 300 was too short.
-------------
PENIS
Originally posted by pikachu101
Sokoban was imitating Kaisaan. Also thanks :)


#smw{...}#smw{>:|}
Originally posted by pikachu101
You should probably block the player from touching the down side of it since it is glitchy. Something like this should do the job.
UPDATED PREVIEW
I fixed a lot of stuff mentioned in this thread (thanks guys ^.^) I also made the sand brighter and everything brighter since it looked kinda dirty that way.


Sunset level is a WIP, Berkay drew the sunset :>











Added stuff.



Underwater sublevel is different now.
-------------
PENIS



Hey, this looks great for a first hack! I really like the vibe your atmosphere is creating - I'm definitely going to try it out!



I understand the sunset BG is WIP, but it needs parallax real bad. At the very least two entries to make the water scroll as usual. Layoutwise It looks good though and I really like your palettes.

allow shy guy emojis in post footers you cowards!
Hey, this actually looks great for a first hack! You should show us more of this, because it looks really interesting imo.
For someone's first hack I have to say it's pretty good.

--------------------
Eh?
Originally posted by Von Fahrenheit
I understand the sunset BG is WIP, but it needs parallax real bad.

That's the problem and the reason why I'm not satisfied with it, the parallax just wouldn't work, the background was just static.
Originally posted by Von Fahrenheit
At the very least two entries to make the water scroll as usual. Layoutwise It looks good though and I really like your palettes.

Thank you.
Originally posted by Soul2Limbo
Hey, this looks great for a first hack! I really like the vibe your atmosphere is creating - I'm definitely going to try it out!

Thanks(your hack rocks).
Originally posted by thesmb3fan144
For someone's first hack I have to say it's pretty good.

Thank you.
Originally posted by rumpg46691
Hey, this actually looks great for a first hack! You should show us more of this, because it looks really interesting imo.

Thanks a lot!
-------------
PENIS
Pages: « 1 2 »
Forum Index - SMW Hacking - Works in Progress - Super Mario Coastal Calamity

The purpose of this site is not to distribute copyrighted material, but to honor one of our favourite games.

Copyright © 2005 - 2020 - SMW Central
Legal Information - Privacy Policy - Link To Us


Menu

Follow Us On

  • YouTube
  • Twitch
  • Twitter

Affiliates

  • Super Mario Bros. X Community
  • ROMhacking.net
  • Mario Fan Games Galaxy