Banner
Views: 852,650,908
Time:
10 users online: ageVerrly, DJLocks, Ersanio, Gulaschko,  JamesD28, JoaoPaulo, JonnyManjiro, MistaX88, obersteiner86,  Telinc1 - Guests: 36 - Bots: 66 Users: 47,014 (2,516 active)
Latest: OcelotMadness
Tip: Palettes 0-3 do not work correctly on the overworld unless you use LM's option to disable the event reveal animation.Not logged in.
SM64 Area Importer (v3.1)
Forum Index - Non-SMW Hacking - Super Mario 64 Hacking - Project Showoff & Discussion - SM64 Area Importer (v3.1)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »
This problem will be fixed in V2.1.
This version is comming this week (maybe today or tomorrow).
Version 2.1 is up!
Download at main post.



Changelog:
- Fixed broken model/textures in area 1 (updated free-space detector)
Note: V2.1 isn't compitable with areas wich imported by older versions of the SM64 Area Importer!
If you revert areas in older levels, then you can import again.

- Fixed broken Asm-Codes in level 5.
Note: Now it's experimental to import many objects + warps in level 5!
- Fixed wrong shading values
- Another bugfixes and minor changes
Thanks ! Now it work perfectly ! :)

--------------------
Mario's Future 64
Courses : 6/15
Bowsers : 1/3
Secrets : 2/3
Caps : 0/3
HUBs : 1/3

Previews here
OST here
V2.1.1.1 is up.

Changelog:
- Fixed a problem at re-importing
Is there any way you could make this runnable on either WinXP or Linux? I'm sure I'm not the only one who would benefit from this! #tb{:>}
A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
--Proverbs 25:11
Originally posted by J_128
Is there any way you could make this runnable on either WinXP or Linux? I'm sure I'm not the only one who would benefit from this! #tb{:>}


On Linux you should install .Net Framework (v4.5 or higher).
And on Windows XP too.
Originally posted by Pilzinsel64
Originally posted by J_128
Is there any way you could make this runnable on either WinXP or Linux? I'm sure I'm not the only one who would benefit from this! #tb{:>}


On Linux you should install .Net Framework (v4.5 or higher).
And on Windows XP too.


Well, I tried it on Linux. The result was:

#tb{:(} Not going to work. And Windows XP wasn't in the 'supported operating systems' list. :(
A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
--Proverbs 25:11
Originally posted by J_128
Well, I tried it on Linux. The result was:

#tb{:(} Not going to work. And Windows XP wasn't in the 'supported operating systems' list. :(


Hm ... on Linux Mint .Net Framework works.
Originally posted by Pilzinsel64
Originally posted by J_128
Well, I tried it on Linux. The result was:
{...pic here...}

#tb{:(} Not going to work. And Windows XP wasn't in the 'supported operating systems' list. :(


Hm ... on Linux Mint .Net Framework works.


Well, I run Sabayon, not Mint. #tb{:)} And I figured out how to install .Net via WineTricks, so it shouldn't be a problem. #tb{:)} If it is though, I don't know what I'm going to do. #tb{:(}
A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
--Proverbs 25:11
Is it possible to place water boxes in extra areas? I mean, there doesn't seem to be an option in the importer for that, but I think I've seen it done before. I need confirmation.
Originally posted by Paul721
Is it possible to place water boxes in extra areas? I mean, there doesn't seem to be an option in the importer for that, but I think I've seen it done before. I need confirmation.


It is possible to place waterboxes in other areas, yes.
But I never added the feauture. I'll probably add it in v3.0.
Hey there! I am working on the SM64 Area Importer v3.0.

This are a couple of changes wich will be in the new version.
- No Area limit, that means that you could import up to 255 Areas!
- Water support
- Many rewritten codes (yes, again)
- New and better updater
- And lot more ...
SM64 Area Importer v3.0 has been released!

Changelog of v3.0:
- Now you haven't an area limit
- Removed Object limit per Level
- Removed Warp limit per Level
- Completly recoded the "SM64AreaImporter"-Class
- Now 48MB-ROMs are probably supported
- Minor GUI improvements
- Updated importer files
- Updated Settings system
- Updated 'Options'
- New Updater
- Improved speed
- Added Objects/Warps Count to 'Area'-Tab
- Added 'Save Area' to 'Areas'-Tab:
You can now edit Area-Settings even after importing without re-importing the area.
That is useful if you have to change some settings for Area 1 or other earlier imported areas.
A new update is up!
This update adds TT64 compatiblity. It is enabled by default and can disabled in 'Options'.
TT64 compatiblity reduces the max number of areas from 8 to 4. Also it reduces the object limit totaly.
Full Changelog, see down.


You can make a quick update if you goto 'Options' and 'Updates'. Click on 'Check for updates' and the update will be downloaded and installed full automaticly.

Btw, this update will be the last big one while i'm working on a better new tool which will include and replace the SM64 Area Importer.



Chanelog:

- Added option to Settings: 'Enable TT64 Compatiblity'
--> Enables compatiblity wiht TT64, but if you once used v3.0 of this tool for your rom without, you never will have the full TT64 Compatiblity.
--> For TT64 Compatiblity there should be only Area ID 1 to 4 (that means 4 Areas count). Also there should be a object limit of 187 objects per level, otherwise TT64 crashes.
--> The TT64 Compatiblity is enabled ba Default! You can disable it in 'Options'.
- Several UI improvements
- Minor bug fixes
Originally posted by Pilzinsel64
A new update is up!
This update adds TT64 compatiblity. It is enabled by default and can disabled in 'Options'.
TT64 compatiblity reduces the max number of areas from 8 to 4. Also it reduces the object limit totaly.
Full Changelog, see down.


You can make a quick update if you goto 'Options' and 'Updates'. Click on 'Check for updates' and the update will be downloaded and installed full automaticly.

Btw, this update will be the last big one while i'm working on a better new tool which will include and replace the SM64 Area Importer.



Chanelog:

- Added option to Settings: 'Enable TT64 Compatiblity'
--> Enables compatiblity wiht TT64, but if you once used v3.0 of this tool for your rom without, you never will have the full TT64 Compatiblity.
--> For TT64 Compatiblity there should be only Area ID 1 to 4 (that means 4 Areas count). Also there should be a object limit of 187 objects per level, otherwise TT64 crashes.
--> The TT64 Compatiblity is enabled ba Default! You can disable it in 'Options'.
- Several UI improvements
- Minor bug fixes

Fantastic! Thank you for the update. It certainly will help anyone who is using TT64 or some other old editor.

But I have a question. Do you ever plan on making SM64 Area Importer open source? And do you plan on making the replacement tool for SM64 Area Importer open source as well? It certainly will help keep the project alive if it is open source, just saying. ^^
Originally posted by Platinum Lucario

But I have a question. Do you ever plan on making SM64 Area Importer open source? And do you plan on making the replacement tool for SM64 Area Importer open source as well? It certainly will help keep the project alive if it is open source, just saying. ^^


Yes, it will be open source. After the first release of the new tool, which will include/replace the SM64 Area Importer, I will publish the source code on GitHub.

A preview of the new tool is comming soon.
After some tests, I have update the System requirements on the main post.

SM64 Area Importer v3.1 runs on:
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10 (32bit/64bit)
- Linux (using WineHQ)
- MaxOS 10 or higher (using WineHQ)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »
Forum Index - Non-SMW Hacking - Super Mario 64 Hacking - Project Showoff & Discussion - SM64 Area Importer (v3.1)

The purpose of this site is not to distribute copyrighted material, but to honor one of our favourite games.

Copyright © 2005 - 2020 - SMW Central
Legal Information - Privacy Policy - Link To Us


Menu

Follow Us On

  • YouTube
  • Twitch
  • Twitter

Affiliates

  • Super Mario Bros. X Community
  • ROMhacking.net
  • Mario Fan Games Galaxy