A few days ago I saw a video, where SMBX 1.4.1's gameplay and its advanced level editor (compared to vanilla SMBX 1.3 one) have been showed:
This thing has been made by 5438A38A, he's from China. Apperantly you can do a lot of things in SMBX 1.4.1, like copy-pasting, multi-selecting (and multi-erasing!), there are new power-ups and NPCs, helmets from Super Mario 3D World, and Super Mario Maker and also some LunaLua's functions are also present here. For example, Hammer Bros can throw any NPC now.
Don't expect to find SMBX 1.4.1 at www.supermariobrosx.org
, it's not
supported by the creator of the web-site and any discussion about it is banned there.
SMBX 1.4.1 can be found at PGE's (alternate SMBX editor's) web-site, here:
Some notes regarding SMBX 1.4.1 and information about new stuff:
* More event actions: timer, autoscroll, etc.
* More flexible "physical environments" (aka "liquids") support: for example any event can be activated when player or NPC touches the "liquid"
* Circle fill tool has been added
* "Smart block" system. Works similarly to the one in Super Mario Maker
* Build-n GFX Editor
* More NPCs, obviously
* Completely different file formats. That means your SMBX 1.4.1 levels and world maps will not be compatible with SMBX 1.3, however SMBX 1.4.1 supports SMBX 1.3's levels and world maps.
* SMBX 1.4.1 supports PNG images, that means you won't have to create mask (-#m) graphics anymore!
* In the editor, you can export an image of your level section (just like in PGE Editor)
* Vertical wrapping support
* Custom world map music support
* Yoshi doesn't open his mouth when he spits out NPCs
* Yoshi doesn't hop and uses wrong graphic frames
* Some power-ups don't play sounds upon collecting them
* Blue Link can't fly (to be confirmed)
* Peach and Link can't use Mega Mushrooms. I'm okay with just "expanded pixel" graphics of Peach and Link but I at least request the possibility of Mega Peach and Mega Link
* Bumpty NPC effect may have wrong size
* SMB3 Hammer Bro's and Sledge Bro's hammers appear in front of them instead in their hands
* When player's hammer hits Reflecting Podoboos (from SMW), a lot of effects are created, instead of one
So what do you think about this?