Originally posted by Imaynotbehere4long
I tried to make it longer so that it would fit in a main world slot (specifically, world 7), but I think I stretched myself a bit thin, and maybe overshot the difficulty again.
I agree with this. The first one has a good length, while this one goes on for a bit too long. Difficulty-wise, it feels more like a postgame level than world 7 (which we could also use).
There are a few things I'd like to mention.
- A powerup would be nice. Also as big Mario, you can't go under the rocks the toads are holding (the toads holding the rocks is an awesome idea, btw).
- The grey blocks/circles that the roto disc's rotate around blend in with the grey background.
- There are invisible rows of Mario only blocks in the part with the castles. I don't see why this is necessary.
- It isn't that obvious that you have to place the final skull on the floor and ride it up. The first time I threw it, and it floated off to the right. It can also be destroyed by placing it in a wall. It might be better if the skull is on a ledge from the beginning, and the rising lava "picks it up".
- I don't know if the podoboos are necessary. The one in the middle gets annoying if it isn't destroyed by the saw, and you have to ride the final skull upwards.
I also noticed that the lava goes in front of the pipes in this level, but in Pointless filler level 1 it goes behind (part of) the pipe IIRC. It would be nice if this got fixed in the first level (unless this is some glitch in the engine).
All in all it was a difficult experience and it had some fun moments, but it was a bit too long (for my tastes).
I also feel that it takes a bit away from the uniqueness of the first level.