Tutorial for noobs
When I first joined this site, I could NOT get romhacks to play because the FAQ didn't explain everything clearly. Then, after searching everywhere for information, I finally was able to get things going on my own. Just a day after I was abe to play romhacks though, another user had the same problem. I thought a picture tutorial on what i did step-by-step would be great for many people new to ROMhacks, IPS files and emulation.
so, here you go
Programs to download
1. get your hack here
2. get ROMclean here
3. get Floating IPS (seen as Flips in the screenshots) here
4. get your ROM off of the internet. Search "Super mario world ROM" in google
5. Get an emulator. Some recommended ones are higan
, and Snes9x
1. Get all of this into one folder
2. Drag your rom into ROMclean
3. The command prompt should flash on the screen, and then that is it for ROMcleaning (i think, did not test)
3a. If that doesn't work, open ROMclean and trype in the name of your unclean rom as "rom name.smc" or "rom name.sfc"
4. Open floating IPS
5. Click "apply patch"
6. It should open up your file explorer. Find your hack that you downloaded on this website and select it, then click "open"
7. Then, when that closes, find the Super Mario World ROM and open that
8. Finally, file explorer will reopen a third time. This is where you will save the rom hack you will be able to play.
9. "THE PATCH WAS APPLIED SUCCESSFULLY"
10. open your emulator and find the rom you patched with floating IPS
11. things should work!
Was this not helpful enough? Watch the video tutorial to see the process
Click me to see the video tutorial!