Language…
12 users online: annonimonsguy70, BrandonBlank, DashGamer, Everest, Golden Yoshi, grassodocia53, HeitorPorfirio2006, kiki79250, Romano338, SHMUP4EVER, Tiger21820,  xHF01x - Guests: 176 - Bots: 120
Users: 56,354 (2,195 active)
Latest user: Suinis

[Download] Addmusic Expansion Kit

Ah, that explains it then. I probably inserted more than 11.200 bytes.
Thanks for the help. :)
Wait-so the byte limit on the OW is 11,200 bytes, but theres none on the levels?
<TLMB> I use YY-CHR to edit DNA
Hm, I'm having a bit of trouble.
I applied both MUSIC.asm and MORE.asm (from version 4) to a ROM and added music with the expansion kit. Songs 20-3F would play normally, but I tried 60, which I had inserted a song for, and it had no music. Any help would be appreciated.
Quoted from homing:

Previously, level music data was written
at "PC:$0A0200 ~ $0B39F1" as "20~3F music".
This code allows your ROM to
recognize data at "PC:$120200 ~ $1339F1" as "60~7F musics".
recognize data at "PC:$1A0200 ~ $1B39F1" as "A0~BF musics".
recognize data at "PC:$220200 ~ $2339F1" as "E0~FF musics".

So, if you want to insert "MUSIC SET A" as "60~7F musics",
insert this set as "20~3F" with addmusic as usual.
Then, copy PC:$0A0200 ~ $0B39F1 and paste it at PC:$120200 ~ $1339F1.



Should help you. :)
o joy more songs smw!
Your layout has been removed.
Indeed! More! Still, I have a problem! I downloaded addmusic japanese updated, then the addmusic Ice Man submitted and finally the 4.0 version of addmusic expansion.Where it asked me to replace, I did. Here's what I did:
1. I named the file nmm.smc(it was an SMW smc file), I made sure Read-Only was unchecked. I opened it in Lunar Magic and saved it. It increased with 1MB.
2. I used addmusic to initiate it like this: addmusic nmm.smc INIT. I let the command prompt, where I initiated the smc open.
3. Then I copied the .smc file into the folder where xkas was, then I typed xkas MUSIC.asm nmm.smc in cmd. Believed it happened something.
4. I recopied it in addmusic folder. I copied the Brambles music code or what it was in the 20.txt and saved. Then typed addmusic nmm.smc LEVEL to insert level music. It worked, but in-game I don't hear anything. It's mute. Set the music header to 20. Help!

This is a very surprising expansion indeed. I got to say.
Here's a little taste of a short, simple, 10 second song I can use for my intro level now:

Link

That uses N-SPC commands to produce a different sounding "effect". Also, I wasn't really trying to make that song, so don't knock me if you think it sucks - it's more of a "demo"
Haha awesome, good job there!
MetaKnight, you need to patch your ROM with MORE.asm as well, since Brambles uses a command, which isn't known, therefore you need to apply MORE.asm as well. ;)

P.S. Be sure MORE.bin is in the same directoy as MORE.asm when you apply it.

Sorry about the noobish question but, what is this in general concepts ? I mean, can we create any song with any instrument like Megaman X songs ?
Because the Brambles song is almost the same the original !!



And other question, can I apply the .asm with xmas to my hack? It´s not finished but its in progrees and it is 2MB of size.

Thanks
Mega Mario:
Originally posted by S.N.N.
Thanks a lot for all this information homing. I've tested the new MUSIC.asm, plus the MORE.asm that was enclosed, and it works beautifully. We really appreciate it, and I look forward to hearing more of the SPCs that come from you guys.

I quoted this because I would of said the same thing ^_^
Thank you very much for sharing, and we look forward to seeing the full potential of this.
Your layout has been removed.
This is what I've been waiting for. Finally! Thank you very much homing, you have contributed to this site in a great manner of ways. When I listened to all the music in the test, I was speechless. A select few in there almost made me cry, specially the Giygas Theme and DK Country and many more that I never would think possible.
Originally posted by Carlos182
Sorry about the noobish question but, what is this in general concepts ? I mean, can we create any song with any instrument like Megaman X songs ?
Because the Brambles song is almost the same the original !!

Not with any instrument. SMW has about maybe 30 different ones, so it's kinda a mix and match with the songs sounding the same or not.

Originally posted by Carlos182
And other question, can I apply the .asm with xmas to my hack? It´s not finished but its in progrees and it is 2MB of size.
Thanks

I think it still has to be 1MB, sorry.
Originally posted by Ice Man
MetaKnight, you need to patch your ROM with MORE.asm as well, since Brambles uses a command, which isn't known, therefore you need to apply MORE.asm as well. ;)

P.S. Be sure MORE.bin is in the same directoy as MORE.asm when you apply it.



Now the ROM doesn't open when I do this:
Then I copied the .smc file into the folder where xkas was, then I typed xkas MUSIC.asm nmm.smc in cmd.And right after it, I applied MORE.asm(MORE.bin was in the same location). Believed it happened something.
Please help!
Oh yea, I als encountered the problem that the ROM doesn't work anymore. I believe you need to expand it to 4MB before you apply MORE.asm. Try it again afterwards. It worked fine for me.
This could really go in this thread or the addmusic help/whatever thread, but since the new looping technique came out, I'm going to post it here.

When inserting with addmusic, above the insert size and below the txt size, there is a line that shows values for different "tracks".

I'm not exactly sure what the other tracks are (0-7) (Mabye info not in loops in those respective channels? But I've seen a lot of 1's in those channels before so I don't know), but through experience, track 8 is the amount of bytes worth of information you have in loops.

The important part of that is the max for track 8 is 800 (in hex), which translates to 2048 bytes... about 2kb.

It's not a limit you'll easily reach, but it's happened to myself 2 or 3 times.

So if you get a "track 8 too large" error, it's not because one of your channels is too long, it's because you have too much info in loops.
Your layout has been removed.
Originally posted by spigmike
This could really go in this thread or the addmusic help/whatever thread, but since the new looping technique came out, I'm going to post it here.

When inserting with addmusic, above the insert size and below the txt size, there is a line that shows values for different "tracks".

I'm not exactly sure what the other tracks are (0-7) (Mabye info not in loops in those respective channels? But I've seen a lot of 1's in those channels before so I don't know), but through experience, track 8 is the amount of bytes worth of information you have in loops.

The important part of that is the max for track 8 is 800 (in hex), which translates to 2048 bytes... about 2kb.

It's not a limit you'll easily reach, but it's happened to myself 2 or 3 times.

So if you get a "track 8 too large" error, it's not because one of your channels is too long, it's because you have too much info in loops.


I'm glad you posted that because for a while I ran into exactly that problem (with 8: 800) and couldn't really figure out what this meant. Funny thing is, the only thing I changed to fix it was changing @10 into @29. At first I started with @29, and I just wanted to try out how the song sounds with @10 as a drum, so I changed it... got the error... changed it back, error gone. This was indeed done in a loop, so I would assume that switching between drum instruments (20-29)and "normal" instruments (0-18) increase the size in a loop? Other than that I don't have an explanation, because changing @29 into @10 shouldn't increase the filesize in general (at least not in the txt-file).

Wow!
And I didn't find out about this before now? (I should visit the advanced SMW Hacking a bit more :/)
And welcome to the site, Homing =D
I really liked those musics you've made.

I have one question though: Ice man, can you link me to the site you found this on?
This new addmusic dosent like me.
I applied the ASM files to my (modified ROM) with xKas, and my custom sprutes turned out glitchy (using SP1 for no reason >_>) I tried re-inserting them, but they were still glitchy. (thank god for backups! ^_^)
Then i went to a clean ROM, INIT'd it first, then applied the patches, and it dosent work, it screws up the header. Then i did it the other way around, same problem. V_V Can someone help me?
<TLMB> I use YY-CHR to edit DNA
Sind, here are some sites.

http://vip.rgr.jp/sm4wiki/index.php?%BC%AB%BA%EE%CA%AA%C5%B8%BC%A8%BE%EC#t3027242
http://exp.s285.xrea.com/smw/view.cgi/1198136239/
http://exp.s285.xrea.com/smw/view.cgi/1206475246/
http://koopa.es.land.to/music/sakuhin.html

Thanks to Carol for giving them to me.


Also, Nekomusume, I had the exact same problem where sprites would be glitchy. Try inserting sprites into the 1MB Rom first and then apply music. Also, I assume you're using the dsx.asm and oampatch.asm patches, right?

In dsx.asm find:

Code
org $988000		;!!!POINT TO SOME FREE SPACE!!!


and replace with:

Code
org $ED8000		;!!!POINT TO SOME FREE SPACE!!!


And in oampatch.asm find:

Code
org $168000	; POINT THIS TO SOME FREE SPACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!


and replace with:

Code
org $158000	; POINT THIS TO SOME FREE SPACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!


then reapply them to the ROM. Should work. Otherwise PM me.