Banner
Views: 844,763,031
Time:
14 users online: bsolt, Ice Man, Jern, JonnyManjiro, Lumy,  MarioFanGamer, Mayonnai, Minish Yoshi, Mirann, Nint,  RussianMan, TickTockClock, xamexer, YamiMario - Guests: 40 - Bots: 87 Users: 46,453 (2,754 active)
Latest: niandra
Tip: Check the Documents section. Tutorials and other useful information can be found there.Not logged in.
Super Mario World Beta
Forum Index - SMW Hacking - Full Hack Releases - Super Mario World Beta
Pages: « 1 2 3 432 33 » Thread Closed
Well, I have been working on this for a while, and it is starting to look pretty good, just short. This hack is mainly for a hackers use, but if you want to just play it, I will make it playable as well. This is based on beta screenshots, graphics in the SNES Test Program, Super Mario World unused stuff, and observation of oddities in the original game. None of what you see is necessarily final, and I am open to some suggestion. Now for the good stuff...




This is definetaly not finished yet. Just showing you what I have done.


Beta Castle ground.


The esculators relation with the beta ground. It fits exact.


Beta ghost castle ground. The ground was made by Someguy on Mario Fans Gaming Galaxy.

The Beta Castle Video:
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V-Qzs0uHx7s"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V-Qzs0uHx7s" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

The Beta Ghost Castle Video:
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_DF0VvGo9U"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_DF0VvGo9U" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

The Random Beta Level Video:
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gNu6M6mZl-8"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gNu6M6mZl-8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

Introducing the NEW SMW Beta userbar!


Again I am open to suggestion and will answer any questions on the hack.

--------------------
Hacks:
- 3+World (Cancelled - Download Available)
- Super Mario World Beta (2009)
oh i can tell this is gonna look good, i relly wanted to see what the beta looks like for smw, good job...

--------------------
Wow, this looks awesome! I haven't watched all videos yet, but it looks very well done. I bet many people had the idea of making a beta hack... but they couldn't have made it as good as you! I have a few suggestions though:

- Why is the castle ground red? You should make it use SMW's original palette (unless the beta palette was red, I don't know)
- Turn the Koopa's GFX into SMB3 Koopa GFX. They still lookes like in SMB3 in the beta.
- Make the ghost cadtle ground a bit more white

--------------------


 
Originally posted by WhiteYoshiEgg
Wow, this looks awesome! I haven't watched all videos yet, but it looks very well done. I bet many people had the idea of making a beta hack... but they couldn't have made it as good as you! I have a few suggestions though:

- Why is the castle ground red? You should make it use SMW's original palette (unless the beta palette was red, I don't know)


Thanks, I do my best. I tried to make the castle ground's palette resemble the beta screenshots, which can be seen here:
http://www.unseen64.net/2008/04/14/super-mario-world-snes-beta

Originally posted by WhiteYoshiEgg
- Turn the Koopa's GFX into SMB3 Koopa GFX. They still lookes like in SMB3 in the beta.

I have been working on a sprite for that, because I know they aren't EXACTLY the same, I will show you when I get it right.

Originally posted by WhiteYoshiEgg

- Make the ghost cadtle ground a bit more white

Ok, I will see how that looks...

Thanks for the suggestions!


I know the beta screen is a bit to bright, so I didn't overdo it, but I think it is a definate improvement!

--------------------
Hacks:
- 3+World (Cancelled - Download Available)
- Super Mario World Beta (2009)
Nice but you should change "Course clear" to "couse clear". :noel:

--------------------


Originally posted by Noelist
Nice but you should change "Course clear" to "couse clear". :noel:

haha Well, I am making this for base hacks mostly, I don't know if I should do THAT. But it would be funny.

Anyways, you may have noticed in my videos that the number of coins I recieve glitched up at intervals of 10. So if I had 30 coins, it would say 3_ . This is from the small bonus stars counter most likely, if anybody can fix this, I would appreciate it.

--------------------
Hacks:
- 3+World (Cancelled - Download Available)
- Super Mario World Beta (2009)
This might help you if you haven't discovered it's existence already.

Anyways, nice looking hack. I have an Idea. Maybe, to fill up some levels, you could make some levels remakes of Lost Levels in SMB3? Just an Idea.
That's not a bad idea for bonus worlds. But, for the main 4 level, 4 worlds on the beta mushroom shaped overworld I think I can fill those with normal levels. That would be fun though, great idea!

This might be a little much to ask, but does anybody know enough ASM to bring back the coin and score counters from the beta overworld like in the screenshot below? It would be so cool.



--------------------
Hacks:
- 3+World (Cancelled - Download Available)
- Super Mario World Beta (2009)
Awesome! But most enemy sprites need to be more 8-bit like (less colours and more classical shape). Goombas were not Super Mario World style (by the way, I hate SMW goombas):

Also you need to edit the Mario's jumping pose.


--------------------
2011 mod in progress.
Youtube profile
Heh.
Kinda off-topic, but:

I found this video a while ago!
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QK4AAo0NN-4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QK4AAo0NN-4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Originally posted by Jaklub
Awesome! But most enemy sprites need to be more 8-bit like (less colours and more classical shape). Goombas were not Super Mario World style (by the way, I hate SMW goombas):

Also you need to edit the Mario's jumping pose.

I have made some gombas that look like the beta ones, and I have yet to put them in the hack. Some levels will have these, others will have SMW's goombas, but squishable.

As for Mario's jumping pose, it seems a bit difficult. I might do it, if it fits with the rest of Mario's graphics.
Originally posted by Sind
Heh.
Kinda off-topic, but:

I found this video a while ago!
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QK4AAo0NN-4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QK4AAo0NN-4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I have contacted the guy who made this, and once he can find the full image, I will use it as a base for the beta overworld!
Unexpected end tag (</param>) at 1082, expected </div>
Unexpected end tag (</param>) at 1130, expected </div>
Unexpected end tag (</embed>) at 1270, expected </div>
Unexpected end tag (</object>) at 1279, expected </div>

--------------------
Hacks:
- 3+World (Cancelled - Download Available)
- Super Mario World Beta (2009)

In this screen shot, the Koopas sort of resemble the Mario All-Stars SMB3 battle game Koopas:



I added the SMW and SMB3 ones to show time differences...
Saw this on Acmlm's Board.
Peace!Layout by Erik557 & LDA.
Thank you!








Not only do we learn more about the beta, but we also get an awesome hack that resembles the beta! Really looking forwards to this Yoshi Master!
Originally posted by Yakibomb

In this screen shot, the Koopas sort of resemble the Mario All-Stars SMB3 battle game Koopas:



I added the SMW and SMB3 ones to show time differences...
Saw this on Acmlm's Board.

Wow, I forgot about those koopas Yakibomb! I decided to base koopas off of them. Take a look:

Not exact, but pretty close. What do yo guys think?

I also inserted the unused dust that comes from yoshi when you jump on him:


--------------------
Hacks:
- 3+World (Cancelled - Download Available)
- Super Mario World Beta (2009)
From what I see you should change Time to Orange/Red, as we see in screenshots
Oh, and how did you get this water ? I heard you can get it back in the game but I don't know how to.

--------------------


@Noelist: Click on the Mario head button and change the level mode to 1E or 1F.

--------------------


 
Nice job! I would like to play it! I know of a pirate NES version you should try to find. I can't give it due to rules.
Originally posted by Nensondubois
I know of a pirate NES version you should try to find. I can't give it due to rules.

I have played that pirate you're talking about and I think that it has nothing to do with beta SMW.

BTW. How did you made that dust which appear after sitting on Yoshi?

--------------------
2011 mod in progress.
Youtube profile
The Super Mario World NES pirate is supposedly not a pirate, but a homebrewn from scratch game. It is more like the final SNES game than the beta SNES Mario World, so it wouldn't make much sense.

I added the dust when jumping on yoshi using a hex editor. It tells you what you must change in the ROM Map. Haha, I had to learn Hex editing first, which took like 10 minutes of reading. Never knew it was so simple.

--------------------
Hacks:
- 3+World (Cancelled - Download Available)
- Super Mario World Beta (2009)
Originally posted by Yoshi Master
The Super Mario World NES pirate is supposedly not a pirate, but a homebrewn from scratch game. It is more like the final SNES game than the beta SNES Mario World, so it wouldn't make much sense.

In Famicom clone world homebrew are commonly called pirates.
Originally posted by Yoshi Master
I added the dust when jumping on yoshi using a hex editor. It tells you what you must change in the ROM Map. Haha, I had to learn Hex editing first, which took like 10 minutes of reading. Never knew it was so simple.

Thanks, I didn't think about rom hex editing. ;p

--------------------
2011 mod in progress.
Youtube profile
Pages: « 1 2 3 432 33 » Thread Closed
Forum Index - SMW Hacking - Full Hack Releases - Super Mario World Beta

The purpose of this site is not to distribute copyrighted material, but to honor one of our favourite games.

Copyright © 2005 - 2020 - SMW Central
Legal Information - Privacy Policy - Link To Us


Menu

Follow Us On

  • YouTube
  • Twitch
  • Twitter

Affiliates

  • Super Mario Bros. X Community
  • ROMhacking.net
  • Mario Fan Games Galaxy