This patch lets you restart a level without an overworld transition. If you feel this retry prompt is still slow, try tapping the button to make it show up faster. Probably useful for kaizo light or hard hacks.
More information is in the file. If you have problem or find a bug, please let me know. Thank you.
Sorry to bump kind of an old thread, but I've looked all over.
Is there an updated version of this patch? I noticed a couple issues related to sprites on the screen mario enters the level on.
1. Sprite timing is slightly early after reset.
2. Sprites remember the position mario died at, and will move in that direction instead of mario's spawn position.
If not, these issues aren't too hard to work around, and either way this will be a great addition to my hack, thank you!
I'm having problem with the multi midway point. The retry patch itself works fine for the first midway, but from the second one, when using the retry option it sends me to other places (sometimes the bonus game, sometimes to some random midway in other level).
The midway point itself is set correctly, if I exit then re-enter the level, it goes to the location I've set in the midway point table, only if I die and then retry it bugs.
Can't really say if I'm doing something wrong or what!
Note to sa-1 users; I don't consider RAM remapping for the convenience while coding, so this patch won't work for sa-1 hacks. However I have a plan to support sa-1 after debugging everything.
1. Handle the special cases(titlescreen, intro, yoshi wing bonus) which didn't work properly in the last version. (Thanks NeXuS15)
2. Fixed the glitch that the retry option sent players to an arbitrary sublevel after getting a custom midway of MMP. (Thanks turbofa)
3. Fixed the glitch which may bring you to a random level whose initial flag of "Midway point obtained" is checked in LM.
4. Make more things reset properly; directional coins from a question box, side exit flag, flying turn block flag, etc.