Welcome to our first official Super Mario Maker contest!
This contest is going to be a free-for-all. Make a cool level and submit it. We're not asking you to adhere to any specific theme or use a particular game style. Just show us what you've got!
Submissions will be accepted starting right now, April 18, 2016 - 00:00 Eastern Time
and will stop being accepted TWO WEEKS from today, May 2nd, 2016 - 00:00 Eastern Time
. To submit your level, simply post your code here. If you make any edits to your level and reupload, just edit your post here with your new code. Please make sure you proofread your code to make sure it's typed correctly. Any levels with incorrect codes will NOT be judged.
- Use any theme you like, there is no restriction
- No extreme (kaizo) difficulty allowed
- Prefix your level name with "SMWC" for it to be judged
- Do NOT resubmit levels created prior to the start of this contest
- Design [20 Points] – Is the level designed well? Too hard, too easy, too long, too short? Enemy spam everywhere, or well thought-out placement?
- Creativity [15 Points] – Does the level do something new? Clever usage of gameplay elements?
- Fun [20 Points] – How fun was the level to play?
This adds up to a maximum of 55 Points
. These categories will be summed into an overall score that is used for the final placements.
All participants will receive a participation badge, except the top 3 participants, who will receive corresponding badges for their places. In addition, we have some Nintendo eShop gifts for the top 3 participants, generously provided by Todd.
- One Wii U retail game
- One re-released Wii game available on the Wii U virtual console OR one 3DS retail game
- Three NES, two SNES, or one N64 game from the Wii U virtual console
Well, with that being said, good luck everyone! I hope to see some really cool levels submitted!