Banner
C3 Voting ends in
2 DAYS, 21 HOURS AND 57 SECONDS
Views: 875,087,147
Time:
30 users online: Aeon, Anas, anonimzwx, ArmaRood, blgmadresh0000,  brickblock369, cardboardcell, chickaDEE Magazine, Dark Prince, DasFueller, Diba9Br, edgar,  Eevee, HaruMKT, Idrinkgrapesoda, Katrina, Luigi-San, MrDeePay, NerDose, Poppy, PowerTaube, Redwykelz, Rilla Roo, Rykon-V73, Sammmoo,  Sayuri, Skye, SubconsciousEye,  Tahixham, Zandro - Guests: 82 - Bots: 66 Users: 48,796 (2,457 active)
Latest: PixelMii Moductions
Winter C3 2021 Content Spotlight
KevinM's "Stuff I found in my laptop"!
Not logged in.
Major SM64 hack: Super Mario 64 Imprisoned Stars (140 stars) (DEMO RELEASED on 6-26-16)
Forum Index - Non-SMW Hacking - Super Mario 64 Hacking - Project Showoff & Discussion - Major SM64 hack: Super Mario 64 Imprisoned Stars (140 stars) (DEMO RELEASED on 6-26-16)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 » Link
Well they gave us a Wing Cap in Lethal Lava Land. LOL

--------------------
Congratulations! You have just met BroDute's number 1 fangirl.


Originally posted by Amazee-Dayzee
Well they gave us a Wing Cap in Lethal Lava Land. LOL

True, and it's the reason I always cheat on the log-rolling star in the original by flying over the fence; I haven't done the intended way for years :D

That aside, I pretty much completed the rest of the course 7 model. I just need to add textures to all the platforms and then it'll be ready to import into the game!

Also, still on track for a demo late this week...should be ready probably either Friday or Sunday (I'll be busy Saturday so it's not gonna be then).

--------------------
SM64 Imprisoned Stars Hack Progress: DEMO released! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksTREBU4SdQ

Courses: 10/15
Bowser levels: 1.5/3
Cap levels: 2/3
Other levels: .5/3
Overworlds: 0/3

My youtube channel where I post walkthroughs of SM64 hacks: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGvAdaReuvRKl6BM72zs8_w
Well if your model is anything to go by, I'm sure that it will look very nice and be awesome!

--------------------
Congratulations! You have just met BroDute's number 1 fangirl.


The demo will officially be released on Sunday, June 26, 2016, at 6:30 PM U.S. Central Time.

--------------------
SM64 Imprisoned Stars Hack Progress: DEMO released! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksTREBU4SdQ

Courses: 10/15
Bowser levels: 1.5/3
Cap levels: 2/3
Other levels: .5/3
Overworlds: 0/3

My youtube channel where I post walkthroughs of SM64 hacks: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGvAdaReuvRKl6BM72zs8_w
That lava spike doesn't make sense, replace it with a volcano or something.
Originally posted by MrGreenThunder
That lava spike doesn't make sense, replace it with a volcano or something.

Yeah, I think I will change it to a volcano. Plus, then I could probably put a star in it.

--------------------
SM64 Imprisoned Stars Hack Progress: DEMO released! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksTREBU4SdQ

Courses: 10/15
Bowser levels: 1.5/3
Cap levels: 2/3
Other levels: .5/3
Overworlds: 0/3

My youtube channel where I post walkthroughs of SM64 hacks: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGvAdaReuvRKl6BM72zs8_w
It might not have made sense, but it was pretty funny.

--------------------
Congratulations! You have just met BroDute's number 1 fangirl.


Originally posted by Frike The Dragon


One could say... it's where temperatures reach their peak!


Boo! You stink! Hiss! Bad joke! *throws overly ripened tomatoes at your face*

But if you think you should ditch it SizzlingMario, then you ditch it. Its your hack.

--------------------
Congratulations! You have just met BroDute's number 1 fangirl.


Finally got around to uploading screenshots of courses 1 and 5. Check the first post to see them.

The demo I'm releasing Sunday will contain the first 6 courses, so that is 42 stars for you to collect.


Originally posted by Amazee-Dayzee
Originally posted by Frike The Dragon


One could say... it's where temperatures reach their peak!


Boo! You stink! Hiss! Bad joke! *throws overly ripened tomatoes at your face*

But if you think you should ditch it SizzlingMario, then you ditch it. Its your hack.

I'm still thinking about it, honestly. Right now I'm getting stuff ready for Sunday's demo, but I'll get back to it later.

IMPORTANT EDIT:
Guys, I may have to postpone the demo for now; I'm just now running into a huge problem that is causing about half the levels to crash, making them unplayable. I am very sorry about this, but I am working to get it fixed as soon as possible. Thank you for your understanding.

A description of the problem can be found here: http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=viewthread&t=84413

Never mind, this has been fixed. So demo is back on track for 6:30 PM!

--------------------
SM64 Imprisoned Stars Hack Progress: DEMO released! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksTREBU4SdQ

Courses: 10/15
Bowser levels: 1.5/3
Cap levels: 2/3
Other levels: .5/3
Overworlds: 0/3

My youtube channel where I post walkthroughs of SM64 hacks: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGvAdaReuvRKl6BM72zs8_w
Finally named the hack. It will be Super Mario 64 Imprisoned Stars.

And with that, the demo is officially released! It has 42 stars spread out across the first 6 courses.

You can download it from the SM64 Hacks section on this site, or from this release trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksTREBU4SdQ

Feel free to leave feedback on this thread or on the youtube video above. Also if you find any bugs/glitches please tell me so I can fix them.

--------------------
SM64 Imprisoned Stars Hack Progress: DEMO released! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksTREBU4SdQ

Courses: 10/15
Bowser levels: 1.5/3
Cap levels: 2/3
Other levels: .5/3
Overworlds: 0/3

My youtube channel where I post walkthroughs of SM64 hacks: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGvAdaReuvRKl6BM72zs8_w
Course 6 is, excuse the words, a fat bent bastard, I even can't get star 1 and some places don't feel close to jump over-- like the woodstick platforms. I hate the fact I keep dying at the red coins pit because the way to fall and land is inaccurate, blame the camera amd its perspective. Another inconsistency is the hidden stars which, to me, again don't fit the gameplay standards in a Mario hack unless it's explained (I guess they were but the searching length is very blind *Fares242 hacks*), luckily I got all of them after a shortage of time exploring the levels.

Also the first 5 levels are okay but they feel too empty, huge and lousy with the choice of textures. And going upon hidden blocks to a highly-unreachable place is also not a good idea of gameplay.

--------------------
SUPER CRASH TIME YEAH!
Originally posted by Mariocrash
Course 6 is, excuse the words, a fat bent bastard, I even can't get star 1 and some places don't feel close to jump over-- like the woodstick platforms. I hate the fact I keep dying at the red coins pit because the way to fall and land is inaccurate, blame the camera amd its perspective. Another inconsistency is the hidden stars which, to me, again don't fit the gameplay standards in a Mario hack unless it's explained (I guess they were but the searching length is very blind *Fares242 hacks*), luckily I got all of them after a shortage of time exploring the levels.

Also the first 5 levels are okay but they feel too empty, huge and lousy with the choice of textures. And going upon hidden blocks to a highly-unreachable place is also not a good idea of gameplay.

Although I was able to do everything in course 6 without savestates (eventually), I agree with you about the difficulty; I will be making it easier. Here's what I'll probably do to each star:
Star 1 (Inside the Factory): I'll put a recovery heart next to the switch and make the last two boxes so that they are always there and not timed, so that players won't be as rushed when doing the box section. With the heart there if you fall you'll have a good chance of just landing back where the metal cap is and you can try again.
Star 2 (Hang From the Red Grating): I'll remove about half of the flamethrowers on the grating, and make the woodstick platform section easier.
Star 3 (The Wall-Kick Platform): I will make the woodstick platform section easier.
Star 4 (The Vanish Cap Parkour): This one, I think, is ok for the most part. I suppose I could move the second vanish cap up one step, so you would have a bit more time to reach the gray wall and get through it.
Star 5 (Cap It Up With Big Boo): Easiest star in the level. The hardest part is the snufits at the beginning. After that as long as you have the red and green blocks you can't really die on that one.
Star 6 (Red Coins of the Toxic Pit): I don't really see what the problem is here with the camera; the toxic gas is very shallow so you can stay in Mario cam and it won't be entirely messed up like it usually is. I guess I can see what you're saying with the jump down being a bit tricky, though. I could maybe add in a block about halfway down, so that players can jump to that first, and then jump down from there, which would be a bit easier since the jump wouldn't be from as high up.

Mariocrash, thank you for your feedback. I appreciate it.

--------------------
SM64 Imprisoned Stars Hack Progress: DEMO released! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksTREBU4SdQ

Courses: 10/15
Bowser levels: 1.5/3
Cap levels: 2/3
Other levels: .5/3
Overworlds: 0/3

My youtube channel where I post walkthroughs of SM64 hacks: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGvAdaReuvRKl6BM72zs8_w
You can just add a solid platform above the first one you came from the pipe for the first star, while the red coins section with the pillars raised up slightly for a easy landing. Add another solid platform to replace the metal boxes for star 4 too.


By the way, I know there was a shell used for the red coins in course 2, but there seems not to have one for the tunnel star. I believe a [!] box near the path to the bully fight is not collectable; the house is too tall though. And just to think the other box inside the red block contains a 1-up instead... so I had to pick and rush for it with the metal cap.

--------------------
SUPER CRASH TIME YEAH!
Originally posted by Mariocrash
You can just add a solid platform above the first one you came from the pipe for the first star, while the red coins section with the pillars raised up slightly for a easy landing. Add another solid platform to replace the metal boxes for star 4 too.


By the way, I know there was a shell used for the red coins in course 2, but there seems not to have one for the tunnel star. I believe a [!] box near the path to the bully fight is not collectable; the house is too tall though. And just to think the other box inside the red block contains a 1-up instead... so I had to pick and rush for it with the metal cap.

Congratulations on getting the tunnel star without the koopa shell. I didn't think it was possible to get to it in time with the metal cap but I just went back and tried it myself, and there is enough time.
Is this the box you said you couldn't reach?

To reach that box you just need the blue blocks next to the building. You know how there's a cluster of buildings on the way to the red coin pit? You can use wallkicks to climb them, and the switch for those blue blocks is up there. Anyway, that [!] box has the koopa shell you were looking for.

--------------------
SM64 Imprisoned Stars Hack Progress: DEMO released! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksTREBU4SdQ

Courses: 10/15
Bowser levels: 1.5/3
Cap levels: 2/3
Other levels: .5/3
Overworlds: 0/3

My youtube channel where I post walkthroughs of SM64 hacks: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGvAdaReuvRKl6BM72zs8_w
In fact, I played the hack on Android. Objects like red/blue blocks and flipswitches are invisible, assuming to have graphical side effects. It was weird I never saw them act the first time, the plugins I got do the same problem so that never got me attempting the star.

--------------------
SUPER CRASH TIME YEAH!
Originally posted by Mariocrash
In fact, I played the hack on Android. Objects like red/blue blocks and flipswitches are invisible, assuming to have graphical side effects. It was weird I never saw them act the first time, the plugins I got do the same problem so that never got me attempting the star.

Oh really? Well, then of course it looked unreachable to you if your platforms were invisible.

--------------------
SM64 Imprisoned Stars Hack Progress: DEMO released! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksTREBU4SdQ

Courses: 10/15
Bowser levels: 1.5/3
Cap levels: 2/3
Other levels: .5/3
Overworlds: 0/3

My youtube channel where I post walkthroughs of SM64 hacks: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGvAdaReuvRKl6BM72zs8_w
Anyway to fix it so one can play it on Android?

--------------------
Congratulations! You have just met BroDute's number 1 fangirl.


Originally posted by Amazee-Dayzee
Anyway to fix it so one can play it on Android?

If there is a way to fix it, I don't know how, since I never play hacks on Android.

--------------------
SM64 Imprisoned Stars Hack Progress: DEMO released! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksTREBU4SdQ

Courses: 10/15
Bowser levels: 1.5/3
Cap levels: 2/3
Other levels: .5/3
Overworlds: 0/3

My youtube channel where I post walkthroughs of SM64 hacks: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGvAdaReuvRKl6BM72zs8_w
Course 7 is done! Screenshots are on the first post.

Since I already did course 8 a long time ago, that means I have now finished the first 8 levels, which means the hack is about 50% completed!

Next up is Course 9, the Icy Desert.

--------------------
SM64 Imprisoned Stars Hack Progress: DEMO released! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksTREBU4SdQ

Courses: 10/15
Bowser levels: 1.5/3
Cap levels: 2/3
Other levels: .5/3
Overworlds: 0/3

My youtube channel where I post walkthroughs of SM64 hacks: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGvAdaReuvRKl6BM72zs8_w
Sounds really interesting. I never knew deserts that could be icy. LOL

--------------------
Congratulations! You have just met BroDute's number 1 fangirl.


Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 » Link
Forum Index - Non-SMW Hacking - Super Mario 64 Hacking - Project Showoff & Discussion - Major SM64 hack: Super Mario 64 Imprisoned Stars (140 stars) (DEMO RELEASED on 6-26-16)

The purpose of this site is not to distribute copyrighted material, but to honor one of our favourite games.

Copyright © 2005 - 2021 - SMW Central
Legal Information - Privacy Policy - Link To Us


Menu

Follow Us On

  • YouTube
  • Twitch
  • Twitter

Affiliates

  • Super Mario Bros. X Community
  • ROMhacking.net
  • Mario Fan Games Galaxy
  • sm64romhacks