This thread basically covers Mario's maximum speed when he is doing a certain action. NOTE: All these are in decimal. Correct this if I'm wrong, I used the debug code (the one that shows Mario's speed and other stuff) included w/ Project64. If you happen to use this code, some of the speed may have a "M". I assume that M stands for 16, as it's 00x16 as stated in yoshielectron's text map thingy
, so yeah.
* Running: Starts from 0, increments to 50/49. 50 subtracts itself by 1, so that makes 49. But 49 adds itself by 1, so it's just an infinite loop.
* Triple jump forwards: 50
* Jump forwards: 50
* Sliding (via steep hill): Actually, this depends on how short the hill is. The shorter you slide, the higher the speed is. If you slide from the start of the hill, the max speed is around 102.
* Cannon: 84
* Jump-kick the wall: 5696? I get different values sometimes, so I don't know.
* Side-jump: Same as running I guess
* Bumping the wall: 360
* Shell: Same as running, but replace 50/49 with 36/37? Does that mean using a shell is slower? What?
* Long jump: Around 66?
* Grab-jump: 71/72
* Wing Cap: Around 128. This decrements and increments once you fly upwards/downwards when the speed reaches 0.
* Punching: This one was really HARD to tell, but from my view the value is 50 so 80 I guess?
* Getting sent back from painting: 5682. I'm pretty sure the value is different for getting sent back from the Bowser in the X levels, but I'm not entirely sure.
The list is incomplete. Again, correct me in any errors. Maybe more in the future.